2016 US Elections and General Politics. Please, keep it civil:)

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by Dave46, Feb 16, 2016.

1. Dave46

Dave46 Member+

Nov 30, 2013
    Las Vegas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Armenia
    There you go. Your best place for discussions on the Primaries and General Elections in November.

Next stop-South Carolina on Saturday.

2. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    And our frontrunners for a major party nomination are:
    nbc-fires-donald-trump-after-he-calls-mexicans-rapists-and-drug-runners.jpg
    Donald Trump! Your crazy old uncle if he was a narcissistic billionaire and running for President!
    AND IN THE OTHER CORNER...
    TedCruzWide.jpg
    Ted Cruz! Your creepy next door neighbor who you can never quite trust if he was an abrasive senator and running for President!

Welp...

JJV1994, Liquid1010, chewz and 2 others repped this.
  3. Dave46

Dave46 Member+

Nov 30, 2013
    Las Vegas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Armenia
    Polling in S. Carolina some 2 hours ago.

Republicans:

Trump-38%
    Cruz-22%
    Rubio-14%
    Bush-10%
    Carson-6%
    Kasich-4%

Democrats:

Clinton-56%
    Sanders-38%

4. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm really hoping the Kasich-Bush-Rubio scrum at the bottom ends soon so the sane wing of the Republican Party can coalesce behind a candidate and at least give the Donald a fight.

Raumdeuter and Dave46 repped this.
  5. Dave46

Dave46 Member+

Nov 30, 2013
    Las Vegas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Armenia
    Republicans are splitting the vote. If they want to stop Trump, 4 people should drop ASAP.

6. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It should've happened in New Hampshire, but then Rubio just had to short-circuit and make it a race. :(

7. Dave46

Dave46 Member+

Nov 30, 2013
    Las Vegas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Armenia
    See, Trump will win in Nevada and then Super Tuesday and all bets could be off. I think, Rubio and Bush hope for Florida win, but it could be too late.

8. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Bush just needs to stop it IMO. If he takes a backseat to Rubio in SC, he needs to recognize its game over for him and suspend his campaign.

Dave46 repped this.
  9. Dave46

Dave46 Member+

Nov 30, 2013
    Las Vegas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Armenia
    But honestly, Republicans have a better chance with Trump against Hillary or Sanders. Maybe Rubio too, if Republicans rally behind him.

10. Dave46

Dave46 Member+

Nov 30, 2013
    Las Vegas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Armenia
    And Trump's wife is a babe:)

11. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Republicans will get epically destroyed with Trump against Hilary. It has the potential for a Goldwater type landslide. All Hilary has to do is remind Hispanics that Trump called them all "rapists" and "criminals" and remind women that Trump doesn't respect them and disparages every woman he comes across that opposes him (Kelly, Barbara Bush, etc.) and that he verbalizes that he has seen his own daughter as a sexual object. They will turn out in droves and crush him. The only candidate with a shot at winning both the nomination and the general is Rubio.

JJV1994 repped this.
  12. Dave46

Dave46 Member+

Nov 30, 2013
    Las Vegas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Armenia
    I agree on Rubio. I don't know, Trump's outsider status may play well against an establishment candidate in November. Americans have short memory.

13. bumbleBeeVB

bumbleBeeVB Member+

Aug 6, 2014
    NYC
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Americans also don't vote. Half the country doesn't turn out its absurd, although if you don't care enough to put in even the little effort it takes to evaluate candidates and make a decently informed decision then yeah maybe you shouldn't vote but still.

However with all those voters who couldn't care less otherwise I bet you there's more that will come out of the woodwork just to kick trumps than there are that will vote anti-establishment. Even the concept of voting anti-establishment would mean you probably are someone who votes, whereas hilldog could send out drones upon drones of the PC brigades out to vote out "the racist, sexist, demon spawn running against me".

14. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    This is exactly what I hate about Clinton, The belief that its her turn and no one should question her about anything since its her turn

Liquid1010 repped this.
  15. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    There is no way Bush would pack it up since he has the most warchest. He has the support of those GOP powerhouses. 40 Generals and 10 Medal of honor winners, Lindsey Graham plus his last name

Trump realized Bush was the man to beat that was why he attacked Bush very early. Also Bush has been the only one bold enough to call out Trump on his Bullshit and thats why he is the main focus for Trump

16. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    To be Honest Rubio has the most chance of defeating Hillary because he taps into the same demographics where Hillary is strong

Trump vs Hillary would be a whitewash. People who dont normally vote would troop out to vote against Trump
    How do you win when you would surely lose in large numbers Blacks, Hispanic, women, Asians

17. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Calm down there little one. The not everyone watches the daily show, and a lot more of those who don't vote.

18. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Trump attacked Bush because Bush, like you said, is the most eager to call Trump out on his bullshit. And the war chest, while that's all fine and good, is worthless if its not connecting with voters. Like Trump said, Bush spent 40+ million in New Hampshire for a measly 4th place finish. Bush is a good candidate on paper, but for whatever reason he isn't connecting with voters. South Carolina IMO should be Bush's last stand, unless, of course, for all his bluster about standing up to Trump, he isn't willing to make the sacrifices necessary to actually beat him.

19. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    They won't have to watch the Daily Show. Clinton's attack ads will make it perfectly clear why every Hispanic and every woman should vote against Trump.

20. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    People who are going to vote for Trump over Hillary won't care whether they're hispanic or female.

21. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Do you think they would be enough to make trump win?

You would lose all swing states with such a divisive person like trump

JJV1994 and MatthausSammer repped this.
  22. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Fact is, Democrats have big advantages among these demographics and Trump went out of his way to alienate these demographics. It won't matter much in a predominantly white and male Republican primary, but it will very much matter in a general.

JJV1994 repped this.
  23. bumbleBeeVB

bumbleBeeVB Member+

Aug 6, 2014
    NYC
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jeb would be doing much better in a "normal" election, but I think he's just getting drowned out by the cruz's and trumps.

And I feel like for some reason, people are making Jeb being a bush a huge negative, while for some reason the fact that hilldogs husband got blown (while probably on blow, go figure) in the very office she wants to work in isn't a detracting factor either. Bush gets cast as a dynasty figure while Hillary is no different.

Side note I would absolutely want to party with bill if I ever could, bet you the dude knows how to have a good time

Raumdeuter repped this.
  24. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I agree with you. This isn't a normal election year. But I feel normalcy would return to the race but by then trump might be so far ahead

People are acting on a lot of anger towards Washington which is skewing the process

MatthausSammer repped this.
  25. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Maybe, but then how is Rubio also doing better than Jeb as well? At the end of the day, Jeb praised Rubio before this campaign, so he can't think that Rubio is unpalatable, whereas he clearly thinks Trump is unpalatable. I've said it a hundred times, and I"ll say it a hundred times more, Rubio is the only viable option for people that don't like Cruz and Trump. The sooner Bush's campaign dies, the sooner everyone can rally around Rubio. I think of it like a terminal twin in the womb situation; either both die, or the weaker one is killed so the stronger one can live; Rubio is the stronger twin.