2016 Season

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Riverhounds' started by chris570, Oct 8, 2015.

1. catfish9

catfish9 Member+

Jul 14, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Had a good time at Hounds Game on Saturday night. A couple of observations:
    • Walk up ticket line was slow and clunky but overall not too bad. Might have been caught off guard by the decent walk-up crowd.
    • Seats must be fiberglass. Nice they had back to them and were folding individual seats but me and my son developed an itchy rash on our forearms during game. Felt like we installed insulation all day.
    • Pub was cool, but only two bartenders and one woman was extremely slow. Took about 25-30 minutes to get a beer. One lady waited in line only to get to bar and be told kitchen was closed (about 5-10 minutes in 2nd half). Seemed like a lot of lost revenue there. Beer selection was very good.
    • Supporters sections was fairly loud, but very small. I thought small group in relation to overall crowd #s. I expected that section to be full and it was barely half full. Drums actually had skill and kept beat in sync -Way better than some MLS supporters sections.
    • Play on field was clunky and bouncy turf had an effect. Both teams eventually adjusted, but play was clearly not up to MLS standards. Then again MTL had a couple of teenagers out there so was kind of like watching a good U18 DA club team or a college team.
    • Players did a nice job of interacting with kids hanging around field pre/post game as well as halftime.
    • Tuffy liked & retweeted my tweet during game - thought that was cool.
    Overall experience bested my expectations. Mostly because of the weather and my view the whole night - once a yinzer always a yinzer. I will definitely try to get back for another game.

2. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States