2016 Season Ticket Renewals

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by Westside Cosmo, Aug 13, 2015.

1. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If I call the FO up and tell them "hey, as a season ticket holder I consider myself a difference maker" will I get a really good renewal offer for 2017?

Hydro repped this.
  2. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    "I check all the boxes".

Westside Cosmo repped this.
  3. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "I was gonna renew my tickets, but then that would be status quo, and since the status quo is unacceptable, I felt I had to cancel for the sake of the organization"

4. DynamoManiac

DynamoManiac Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    You bored the crap out of me this year to where I started inventing reasons to not go to games. Don't need to waste money like that.

Hydro repped this.
  5. Hydro

Hydro Member+

Nov 16, 2007
    Houstown
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

From the people I know who are keeping their season tickets in 2017, one group was told that there was no special renewal offers, that there we tons of people waiting to buy their season tickets. Another group received some perks in order to buy tickets. The third group didn't ask for a lower price, and the final group didn't even bother renewing.

I am hoping lots of people renew so i can buy their tickets on stubhug or flashtickets at a huge discount.

6. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not sure there was a feasible discount they could give me that would make me renew. And I long ago discounted any "future perks" they would promise because their follow-thru on things tends to be poor (STH plaque anyone? Guaranteed premium items?).

7. tex0313

tex0313 Member

Dec 17, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    the only discount i was offered was original BBVA Compass Stadium Pricing which wasnt that different from what we paid for this season.

8. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, if you were to get the 2012 price divided by 20 games and get that per game price for 2017 it would be a decent cut. You forgot we only get 18 games now vs. 20 in 2012 and 2013 I think. They stealthily raised prices and so didn't tell anyone

9. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the very simple math is that your are paying 11% more per game in 2017 than in 2012 even if the season price is rolled back to 2012 levels.

Lower sideline seats were $700 for 20 games ($35 per game )in 2012 now they are $795 for 18 games ($44 per game) in 2017. $700 for 18 games is $39 per game. Rounding some here but point holds.

Ahhhh, but now you get the ultra special and valuable Orange Rewards program which you can use to buy discarded bobbleheads of traded players

10. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is a window into the strategy - I don't think they've ever had this so early for the next year. I can only assume they are trying to get folks in and sold before they go into a long winter with limited enthusiasm for the team

http://www.houstondynamo.com/selectaseat

11. shoeless

shoeless Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Apparently I didn't get an email for selecting 2016 seats, however here's the three prior years:

Seat selection for 2015 was on 11/22/14
    Seat selection for 2014 was on 12/7/13
    Seat selection for 2013 wan on 1/5/13

12. shoeless

shoeless Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    For 2012, it was done in July of 2011 via phone call with a rep since BBVA wasnt complete yet.

If there were any for Robertson, I never went or recall that. But that was like 8 ticket reps ago.

13. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I recalled they always did it sometime near the holidays. I never changed seats but remember the emails.

I dunno, struck me as unusually early and aggressive considering 5 months until first 2017 game. Maybe there is an unprecedented demand for season tickets they have to accomodate!!

14. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I recalled they always did it sometime near the holidays. I never changed seats but remember the emails.

I dunno, struck me as unusually early and aggressive considering 5 months until first 2017 game. Maybe there is an unprecedented demand for season tickets they have to accomodate!!
    :D

15. DynamoManiac

DynamoManiac Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Too late, they missed the two wins in a row high. Now we are riding on the back of two consecutive absolute crap performances.

Hydro repped this.
  16. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any word how massive the turnout was for "Pick a Seat for 2017 Day" yesterday before the LA game?

17. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    21 and change was official attendance so....a very small percentage of that?

18. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, but you have to adjust for the outward appearance of 7-8k no-shows so maybe 2% of 15,000 or 300 folks?

DynamofromtheRecliner repped this.
  19. DynamofromtheRecliner

May 3, 2016
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Awaiting your manifesto WC.

*rey* repped this.
  20. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In thinking my season ending manifesto coming maybe Sunday night after the final game.

21. nbrooks503

nbrooks503 Previously Held @Dynamo Hostage From 2008-2019

Jun 1, 2008
    Disgruntled Former STH - Fairweather Bandwaggoner
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My dear Westside.

I understand that you decided not renew for the 2017 season. Might I respectfully invite you to sit in my extra seat during the 2017 when Mrs Blocked By Carli decides not to attend a game ( she missed about 90% of the games this season). As I'm locked into the coming season, I'd be perfectly happy to share at no cost to you. Just PM me your contact details.

p.s.
    Juve is also welcome

Hydro, *rey* and DNez2001 repped this.
  22. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    Jeezy Crissy NBrooks. Invite me. I would love to sit in between Westside and Juve at a game. We can get wasted on $15 beers then go get tacos after the game.

23. Hydro

Hydro Member+

Nov 16, 2007
    Houstown
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Look forward to seeing it! Seriously, I expect your best work!

24. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey , I wonder what the final renewal rate is?

25. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Like the team, not the lowest in the league but not far from the bottom either