News: 2016 season general AUFC news thread

Discussion in 'Atlanta United FC' started by TheFalseNine, Dec 8, 2015.

1. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    Hence the Customer Service board should be where complaints are continuously made.

2. frankieg73

frankieg73 Member

New England Revolution
    Portugal
    Apr 8, 2001
    St. Petersburg, FL (not my choice)
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    1. Zero sympathy from a 22 year New England Revolution fan. We'd LOVE LOVE LOVE to be in your shoes.

2. Zero sympathy from an Atlanta area taxpayer. The sports clubs in this area have enough of my money.

3. Gunner

Gunner Member

Apr 19, 1999
    Marietta, Ga USA
  4. Reccossu

Reccossu Member+

Jan 31, 2005
    Birmingham
    I can appreciate that, but I don't really want sympathy. If ATL UTD sticks around for 22 years, I'll retract.

5. GunnerJacket

GunnerJacket Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Gainesville, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Atlanta United duo Josef Martinez and Jacob Peterson return to training

Nothing more of value in the AJC article referenced by ESPN. The biggest takeaway is that Josef is actually training with the ball on the pitch. I suspect it will be a week of this and then another of him actually working with the first team before he sees the field for a game.

6. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We need to reignite the fire as we are on a horrible trajectory.

7. GunnerJacket

GunnerJacket Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Gainesville, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Andrew Carleton with a great goal for the US U17 side as it falls in PKs to Mexico for the CONCACAF Championship. Gave up the tying goal in ET so it's a s****y way to lose, but nice that the local guy is coming good.

8. canammj

canammj Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    CHINO, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ================
    Fun trip. Really hot in Orlando, thank god for my seat under the roof. Why do we schedule day games in both these cities are beyond me. Boddy Dodd was a funky mixture of seating areas on all 4 sides, liked the metal work and arches in the main pressbox side and that little upper level beer garden area. Interesting entry points from campus and awesome view of the skyscrapers of downtown. And a burger at the Varsity after the game ! Hampton Inn 3-4 blocks away worked perfect. ATL dominated shots and possession and lost, but that is soccer for you.
    Fans were awesome sea of red and black, well done !

GunnerJacket repped this.
  9. GunnerJacket

GunnerJacket Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Gainesville, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Glad you had a good experience. Hope you get to join us here again sometime.

10. Gunner

Gunner Member

Apr 19, 1999
    Marietta, Ga USA
  11. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    I think that happened when it was bought by a French company. They moved to Georgia where some was already being produced from Montreal where it had been based.

12. ChrizG13

ChrizG13 Member+

Mar 1, 2010
    Humble
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hello Citizens of Atlanta! I come in peace. Need to know where to scope out some decently priced tickets...I need a total of 4! I knew you guys were popular but sold out tickets? Wow! Been a while since my team was able to fully sell out the stadium but that's a story for another time.

Thanks in advance.

13. SeaOtter

SeaOtter Member

Nov 7, 2006
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What are you looking for in you tickets and how many? You definitely want to buy tickets that are away from the little traveling supporter section. If you go to the Atlanta United section of mlssoccer.com and look on Ticketmaster via their portal, you can find decently priced aftermarket tickets. And you definitely want to sit on the West side of the stadium. You'll get the game plus the city skyline that way. It's worth the effort.

14. GoDawgsGo

GoDawgsGo Member+

Nov 11, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ticketmaster.

15. Mach1

Mach1 Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So the new dates for the games that were being moved because of stadium delays have been announced. The Minnesota and Galaxy games have been moved to midweek games, so the September schedule gets even more congested, and the FC Dallas game on September 9 gets moved to the 10th so the game can be on national TV.

Which sounds great on paper, until you realize it won't freaking matter because it's opening weekend for the NFL and the Falcons will be playing at the same time.

16. GunnerJacket

GunnerJacket Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Gainesville, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Well, the Falcons kickoff at one and United at 3:30, so there will be some distinguished air time. But more importantly we all knew that once the gridiron season for pro and college kicked in these conflicts will be inevitable. I honestly think conflicts with the (yuck) Dawgs will be more problematic for the United fan base.

Regardless, every MLS has this issue and it's still great to be a national option for the league. MLS needs to have appealing games every chance they get, so if we fit that bill then hallelujah! Plus, I generaly hate all things Dallas, so...

I'm all for more quality insight on my favorite teams but it's a congested market out there and only so much time in the day. If you can find someone to offer a dedicated Atlanta United resource then more power to you.

Side note: Props for the Hearts of Midlothian blog but you gotta take down that picture with Materazzi. Dude was a total a** who hurt people for fun.

AL1999 repped this.
  17. Mach1

Mach1 Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I get that conflicts with football are inevitable, but you'd think they'd make an effort to make sure they don't conflict with another team that's owned by the same owner of United.

Although now that I think of it, it's possible that there's not a true conflict here. FS1 is notorious in having the game kick off a bit after their stated start time. Could be the same thing here.

18. GunnerJacket

GunnerJacket Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Gainesville, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I'm sure they didn't want to cause this conflict but in this case it's essentially out of their hands. All these different networks with fixed broadcast times. Ideally FS1 and ESPN could switch their Sunday games, assuming that doesn't create another conflict.

But this won't be the first and it won't be the last. We'll make the best of it and move on. I just wanna win!

19. GunnerJacket

GunnerJacket Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Gainesville, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    How about Thierry Henry or Dennis Bergkamp?! ;)

20. GunnerJacket

GunnerJacket Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Gainesville, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Looks to be raining at least through Wednesday this week. Wonder if AU can use the Falcons' indoor facility for a day or two?

21. Mach1

Mach1 Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know. For my money the two games where the team looked best was in bad weather. Keep it coming I say.

22. GunnerJacket

GunnerJacket Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Gainesville, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    #322 GunnerJacket, May 25, 2017
    Last edited: May 25, 2017
    Atlanta United today announced that midfielder Chris Goslin and defender Miles Robinson will join Charleston Battery for the week along with goalkeeper Alex Tambakis, who will re-join the USL club.

- - - -

On Saturday, Atlanta United midfielder Jeff Larentowicz continued his extensive career as he made his 316th MLS start. The 33-year-old is now tied for 9th all time amongst field players with Davy Arnaud and Pablo Mastroeni surpassing U.S. Soccer and MLS legend Landon Donovan

- - - -

And in news that will come as a surprise to no one here, Stats indicate Atlanta United better with Villalba up top (instead of Jones)!

23. GunnerJacket

GunnerJacket Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Gainesville, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Just announced via emails - Atlanta United's Open cup match on June 14 (Wednesday night) will be played at Kennesaw State's 8,300 seat Fifth Third Bank Stadium.

[​IMG]

24. Gunner

Gunner Member

Apr 19, 1999
    Marietta, Ga USA
    Dang. Sure gets quiet around here when we get our asses kicked. In brighter news the team is running a father's day promo. For those pops that want to take your squirts to the game and bring a memento home with you, check this out:

https://www.atlutd.com/tickets/fathers-day-pack

GunnerJacket repped this.
  25. Mach1

Mach1 Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's pretty cool. I'll have to tell my brother-in-law. Thanks.

Not much positive to say about Vancouver. Atlanta got their ass kicked when it mattered. Atlanta's corner kicks look like better scoring opportunities for the opposition than it does for United, which I didn't know could be a thing. I'm about to the point I'd rather have them just keep everyone back and kick the ball out of bounds on corners. Atlanta hasn't looked like they're really going to score on corners, so why take the risk of the counter-attack (which they've already been burned by before).

The lack of height on the team is a weakness. We knew is was going to be a weakness, and it will continue to be a weakness. I expect them to do better than they did against Vancouver going forward, but they're going to give up a few more goals off corners before the year is up.