2016 Roster Thread

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by A Casual Fan, Oct 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RevsLiverpool

RevsLiverpool Member+

Nov 12, 2005
    Boston
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes agreed completely. The loss of AJ and the lack of foresight around the likelihood of him leaving were both factors. If fans here could see it as a possibility he'd leave when his contract was up and he has an EU passport, logic dictates the guy in charge should have as well - and planned accordingly.

As they say, fail to plan, plan to fail.

2. RevsRule

RevsRule Member+

NE Revs, LAFC
    Jun 9, 1999
    N. Eastern, Mass
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And the news of the day is .......................... we're gonna draft some players in the upcoming draft....Our future is secure. They have to come here and they're cheap

TheLostUniversity repped this.
  3. Minutemanii

Minutemanii Member+

Dec 29, 2005
    Abington MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's the short version of the proceedings that will fit into the time Bob Krafty is willing to divert from his Patriots thoughts and it's music to his ears.

4. CDPontaDelgada

CDPontaDelgada Member+

CD Santa Clara
    Aug 15, 2012
    Ponta Delgada PT
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Also Diego Fagundez is on 55,000 a year and is the biggest prospect we have should def have his contract revamped

He is 20 and at an age where teams from Holland, Portugal and France would certainly be scouting him for their first team

I have no faith in Burns and and Krafts too bad the league doesnt give a damn how frugal the Krafts are def not good for NE and the League

Losing one of the leagues best CB in AJ to Viking of Norway is depressing or offering one the USMNTs stalwart players only 20% come on what kind of example is that for players in other leagues to come to the MLS

Come here and after a year get your pay cut down 80%

5. BrianLBI

BrianLBI BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 7, 2002
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. CDPontaDelgada

CDPontaDelgada Member+

CD Santa Clara
    Aug 15, 2012
    Ponta Delgada PT
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Did not know that. What does it look like is he making over 100k

7. TheLostUniversity

Los Angeles Galaxy
    Feb 4, 2007
    Greater Boston
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This season looms as one bitter, long, brutal "Winter of Our Discontent".......
    ...Hey, Burns, can't you even offer us a smidgeon of hope that you care about what will happen to this team?

8. Soccer Doc

Soccer Doc Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Keene, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK whats next on the agenda for the Revs. Drafts out of the way. Preseason is about to start. I guess it;s time to announce the people being invited to camp. Oppps did I say announce? :rolleyes:Revs Central, aka, KGB Hq doesn't announce anything. The only way information is passed after the fact and even then it's often shrouded in mystery and confusion. I wonder when this organization will wake up and realize that the best style of management of a sports franchise is open and transparent communication.

9. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Two more rounds of the draft are next week (1/19).

Also ... hey, I wonder who's been saying these things the past few years???

10. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    SuperDraft helps strengthen depth, but Revs still focused on international market
    Jeff Lemieux
    RevolutionSoccer.net
    1/14/16
    And the spin has begun. Don't expect the players to be here by the time camp starts folks.

Crooked repped this.
  11. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We need defenders, midfielders and forwards? Is that all? Good thing we're all set at keeper.
    Really? If you read these boards for 5 minutes you'll see a lot of people making predictions. And the thing is, I bet a lot of them will be right. :(
    Yeah, like when the player realizes you're talking about a salary of $250,000 per year, not per month.

13. Feldspar

Feldspar Member+

Nov 19, 1998
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "A couple players"? Mikey, you do realize you've got a half dozen open roster spots, yeah?

MM66 repped this.
  14. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, it always comes down to money, doesn't it. That's our Achilles heel, and now that the party line is that we're up against the cap, um, I mean budget, it's going to be hard to bring in a vet or two who can contribute if you have to pay them more than $75,000.

But that's the domino effect. If we had already made our "big" signing, we would at least know what positions we could reinforce with this method, and maybe fill in the gaps with more targeted signings.

15. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #465 NFLPatriot, Jan 15, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
    Well, it's not like he's planning on using all of those open spots...

16. ktsd

ktsd Member

Jul 20, 1999
    Bethel, CT, USA

Obviously ... we're 'working on it'.
    Certainly ... we have an escape clause, cuz 'things can take a turn', see?
    To be honest ... fans don't _want_ news except for signings. (paraphrase: "It's risky to create any media buzz if it means I end up getting egg on my face")
    Obviously ... this makes me a little sick.

17. BERich

BERich Member+

Feb 3, 2012
    New England
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Up against the cap???? TAM money spent....$0. DP money spent...$0. Cut 3 players and give a couple of players little raises. Oh, and lets not forget not signing JJ, who is equal to at least 2 other players for cap purposes. Or maybe that's their plan, cut enough players so that they can fit JJ at $600k under the cap!

18. MM66

MM66 Member+

Mar 9, 2009
    Brookline, MA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If only we were in the midst of an international signing window which made it easier to acquire players ...

19. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, because, y'see all the other teams would also be looking to sign players and we'd have a lot of competition. We're the Revolution, we do things differently around here.

20. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, Fagundez must have gotten himself a nice raise and Tierney as well. Some people were suggesting that because he grew up ont he mean streets of Wellesly, he could live off his trust fund like Thurston Howell III, but in reality, he was due for a boost in pay, even if he is the popular whipping boy on these boards.

On the other side of the coin, they released Kevin Alston who was up around $170k, IIRC. Dorman was also making pretty good money, and he won't be back, so that probably evens out, or maybe slightly ups the cap figure, but not by a whole lot. As a DP, Jones counts as the maximum cap hit, no matter whether they sign him at $600k or 3 million, so that's a wash.

Mods, feel free to create a new thread for this if this topic gets traction, but personally, I find it hard to buy the idea that Doyle (I think it was him) floated, that the Revs are up against the cap. Even though it's a bit of a guess, we can't be that high. We were high in payroll last year, but that was almost all due to Jones' $3 million. If you count the cap hit to determine payroll, we must have been in the bottom 1/3 of the league.

21. Jon Martin

Jon Martin Member+

Apr 25, 2000
    SE Mass
    I can't recall the thread, but I'm semi-sure that those numbers were crunched, and that without JJ, the Revolution salary budget was in the bottom three.

ToMhIlL repped this.
  22. firstshirt

firstshirt Member+

Bayern München
    United States
    Mar 1, 2000
    Ellington, CT / NK, RI
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Alston 153k
    Dorman 145k
    hall 70k

Tierney 113k - Guessing he is probably over 175k
    neuman 92k - I guess is probably now around 50-60
    Fugundez 152k - I would guess he is probably making about as much as Rowe which is 210

23. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK if we give Tierney $180k, Neumann $60k and Fagundez $210k, that adds $450,000 to the cap. But if you subtract what the departees made, that's $360,000, a net addition of $82,000 to the cap.

Is that really going to prevent us from signing a player who can contribute?

24. firstshirt

firstshirt Member+

Bayern München
    United States
    Mar 1, 2000
    Ellington, CT / NK, RI
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't understand how this team is Cap strapped as some folks are saying. Unless they gave raises to everyone on the team this team should have some room

25. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Moved Revs salary cap posts to this thread.