2016 Roster Thread

Discussion in 'Orlando City SC' started by BigData, Oct 7, 2015.

1. UCFWayne

UCFWayne Member

United States
    Apr 22, 2014
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Damn....

2. BigData

BigData Member+

Feb 2, 2014
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    I just read that, apparently, that could possibly change. But for right now he's only on loan. The transfer window closes in 10 days. From the looks of things, we might add a couple of our OCB players to the big roster. If we can't add a significant player, it doesn't matter much right now. I suspect the idea is to clear some money and a roster spot, send him to a place he might be more comfortable and get back his form, then deal with the long term questions in November/December.

3. UCFWayne

UCFWayne Member

United States
    Apr 22, 2014
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. TyffaneeSue

TyffaneeSue moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 15, 2003
    Upstairs
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    You are getting a star with MPG! We are all sad to see him go, but he wasn't getting play time. He's going to light it up for you guys.

UCFWayne repped this.
  5. UCFWayne

UCFWayne Member

United States
    Apr 22, 2014
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope you are right. Ceren might have had a bad month or so, but hes been solid for us since day one. He is a great player.

6. Leondecollao

Leondecollao Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Really excited about the MPG pickup. Will miss Ceren but we've needed a backup to Kaka for sometime and we have a glut of defensive mids. Ceren was obviously a top player for us but you have to trade a strong player to get value. We're getting an underused, very talented DP that should thrive in our offensive system, imo. Best part of the deal is his salary and DP status remains with the quakes for the rest of the year. Really astute business from the FO.

7. Simon Veness

Simon Veness New Member

Aug 21, 2016
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    From watching MPS in his first two (shortened) outings so far, he definitely has an eye for a decent pass, as well as an ability to earn FK's. His early link-up play with Kaka in the final third is extremely promising and he definitely gives the team something different (and more dynamic) going forward. Now, we just need to see a full game of him, Kaka and Molino together to see if it can really light a fire under this team.

8. BigData

BigData Member+

Feb 2, 2014
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    I'm still no so sure he's an every game starter. Seems to fit more as a game changer off the bench than someone that is a 90 minute guy. I don't think MPG has the strength or stamina to impact the game for a full 90 on a regular basis.

9. fsufiji

fsufiji Member

Apr 6, 2010
    Auburndale FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He is tiny. Maybe the next Winter?

10. BigBigRed

BigBigRed New Member

Aug 28, 2016
    Club:
    Bristol City FC
    Posting from the UK rumours here that Cyle Larin maybe heading our way. Any rumours the same here? any opinions on him as a player?

11. FijiUnited

FijiUnited Member+

Feb 21, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's a big forward who holds the ball decently and is more finisher than creator. One thing he demonstrates that I find to be unique is an ability to collect a pass and generate a powerful hit on frame with very little time or space to do so.

12. BigBigRed

BigBigRed New Member

Aug 28, 2016
    Club:
    Bristol City FC
    Thanks!
    Rumor here is that he is in talks with an English championship (2nd division) side over a $6.5m move. Has anyone here heard anything?

13. BigData

BigData Member+

Feb 2, 2014
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Hearing rumors all over the board. Some are convinced he will be gone in the winter transfer window. But his best friend since he was a little kid (Richie Laryea) has been loaned down to the lower division squad. He's done a good job down there and seems likely to be on the First Team next year. I've heard some rumors that Larin would like to play a professional season with him. Coach Jason Kreis also says that there is more room for him to grow before transferring to a bigger league. And Larin is still very young.

Also, as it stands right now we have no one to replace him. At all.

So, your guess is as good as ours. But I get the feeling that he will stay at least until the summer transfer season.

14. BigData

BigData Member+

Feb 2, 2014
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    As far as a player, I can only add one thing to Fiji's spot on breakdown. For a guy with his size, he really moves around the field very well. He has surprising speed and agility, and he had improved tremendously over the last 18 months in this regard. If he gets the ball out in space on the wing he'll just stay there now and create more space and lately he's even hit some nice crosses into the box. He has more room to grow, but the IMO the kid has crazy talent.

15. fsufiji

fsufiji Member

Apr 6, 2010
    Auburndale FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any chance we would just lend him to a Championship side for our off season Ala' Dempsey etc from years past. from Nov to Feb he could get 17 games and stay fit and pocket some cash.