[2016 Rio Olympics: Group Stage] Korea vs Fiji 2016/08/04 [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Jitevra, Aug 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gunitinug

gunitinug Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    30s

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

2. KyopoOhNo

KyopoOhNo Member+

Aug 3, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Korean highlights

SojuOppa, DrJinh007, edlee1992 and 2 others repped this.
  3. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    http://sports.news.naver.com/kfootball/news/read.nhn?oid=117&aid=0002797727

rough translation (sorry my English is lacking):

Shin Tae Yong about the game:
    "To play in such a big tournament like the Olympic games made the players too nervous in the first half."
    "I told them to play more boldly during the half time. That's why we could score a lot of goals in the second half."

About scoring the most goals since 5-3 against Mexico in 1948:
    "This will be a great motivation. With the good result, I can plan the next game more relieved. We can go all-in against Germany now. If we win against them, it's going to be more easy in the next round."

About Mexico vs Germany (which he watched):
    "I was hoping for a draw so it exactly resulted the way I wanted. I am sorry that I can't tell you anything, but I will play with a different formation against Germany."

About Son & Suk and the next game:
    "They became good (I think he means in terms of team play). I will try to fix the parts that considers me and prepare well to get a good result. I am sorry, but i can't tell you how."

That's how I like it. The opponent shouldn't get to know how we will play. (I've told you recently that I don't like STY telling everything to the media, guess that was just confidence. ;))

4. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    I don't think we can beat Germany, and if we can't then might as well give up. There's no way of winning a medal.

5. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  6. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    I'm not a big fan of Ryu Seung Woo but he did well. Hopefully he doesn't just do well against an amatuer team and do well against a real team considering he's going to start the next game.

aeh1991 repped this.
  7. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    I'd say Suk Hyun-Jun is the most important player against Germany, because Süle is the weak point in Germany's defense. Also SHM against Toljan will be interesting to watch. But on the other hand, I fear Gnabry is gonna rape SSM with his speed.

zdrstvte, Seol Korea and skimmilk repped this.
  8. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Hated how Suk celebrated, there was no time for that. Keep scoring more goals!

9. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Still confounding that Sule and Toljan are representing Germany.

10. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
  11. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Look 8 posts above you. Thank me later.

killaorca repped this.
  12. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Don't forget Brandt.

[​IMG]

nmssis repped this.
  13. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    I know. The different is, I've always said to keep an eye on Brandt, while I totally underestimated Gnabry. After the Mexico match, I know why he got nominated.

Seol Korea repped this.
  14. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    ooh look at that

15. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    That run......

https://streamable.com/rmv5

16. TaegukRedDevil

Jan 30, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    We won against a decent Great Britain team back in 2012, dont see why we cant win against germany. And didnt japan beat spain in 2012??

17. griffindinho_au

griffindinho_au Member+

May 30, 2013
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    He reminds me of PCY

18. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Back then we had a great team, with our U23 team being almost synonymous with the NT.

19. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Based on the Mexico, Gnabry is going to be more of a direct opponent to Lee Seul-chan than Shim Sang-min.
    Also, from I have seen of Gnabry, he is a very characteristic(?) player. The good attributes of his game can be very clearly seen but he also shows alot of limits to his game at the same time, at least in the Mexico game. He showed as much/almost much poor plays as good plays. While he is just young (so still room for improvements), I think atm the moment Lee Seul-chan and the winger who will help can keep him in contact from scoring. Gnabry looks like the type of player who can easily get frustrated if he is kept in tight contact with a defender.
    Lee Seul-chan I have little worries about as he is a quiet achiever and does his stuff on his own without a fuss.

Shim Sang-min, on the other hand, needs to stop making mistakes. I know that Shin Tae-yong wants to make a new generation of players who should not be afraid of mistakes and stop playing "safely" all the time like we used to, but Shim Sang-min's mistakes have been costly lately (whether FC Seoul or NT).
    Regardless, defending is all about doing it together. In the Germany match, when we do not have the ball, we just have to stay in position, cover others when necessary, press together and especially the wingers help out our sidebacks.
    I don't necessary have worries about our defense defending Germany while they have the ball. As long as we stay compact and in position, we could keep a steady scoreline for a long time.
    I do have worries about:
    (1) When we have the ball, and we make mistakes to give counter to Germany. Shim Sang-min is someone I have the most worries lately about losing the ball. And unfortunately, his mistakes are usually costly.
    (2) Set-pieces. A strong part of Germany's game.
    (3) Concentration towards the end of the game. Historically speaking, this team loses concentration towards the end too much.

We just need: players to stay cool and calm (especially at the start), never lose concentration and the attackers to be clinical (finish when given chance).

aeh1991 and Seol Korea repped this.
  20. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Korea 8:0 Fiji, All Goals GIF:

Goal #1 Ryu Seung-woo

[​IMG]

Goal #2 Kwon Chang-hoon
    [​IMG]

Goal #3 Kwon Chang-hoon
    [​IMG]

Goal #4 Ryu Seung-woo
    [​IMG]

Goal #5 Son Heung-min
    [​IMG]

Goal #6 Suk Hyun-jun
    [​IMG]

Goal #7 Suk Hyun-jun
    [​IMG]

Goal #8 Ryu Seung-woo (Hattrick)
    [​IMG]

Sons of Thunder repped this.
  21. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    That's a matter of opinion. Back then our senior NT was much weaker than now and aside of KSY, JSR and KJC I can't figure out any players that were important for the senior KNT.
    If you remember, it was at the time when JDW was playing for Sunderland's reserves (means before his transfer to Augsburg), Kim Bo-Kyung played in Japan, PCY had been absent from the NT because of his military issues and he was bench warming at Arsenal anyway.
    Some players like Yun Suk-Young or Kim Young-Gwon might've been called up for some games but they weren't important for the KNT yet.

I'd say we had Ki Sung-Yong back then and a better functioning defense. But beside that, we aren't that worse. I'd dare to say that we have much better attack options now.

TaegukRedDevil and hanul21 repped this.
  22. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Whether he was playing for Arsenal or not, Park was a central figure in our NT in 2012. So was Ji to a lesser extent.

Look at the current U-23 team (wildcard aside), apart from Kwon, there's no-one who's made an appearance for the NT. Plus, Ryu is/was a benchwarmer for a 2.Bundesliga, Hwang plays in Austrian Second Division.

Nam Tae-Hee was also a frequent selection for the NT, Kim Bo-Kyung was on fire for Cerezo.

Also, don't underestimate Koo and Ki's importance back in 2012. NONE of the players in the current U23 team are anywhere near their standards.

23. Ice cube

Ice cube Member+

Seoul Utd
    May 4, 2014
    Club:
    Incheon United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    This man called it.

Also lol at some of you blaming hairstyles for being unable to break down Fiji.

24. gunitinug

gunitinug Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    fiji's uniform looks like germany:cry:

btw

25. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    [REUPLOAD]Korea 8:0 Fiji, All Goals GIF:

Goal #1 Ryu Seung-woo

[​IMG]

Goal #2 Kwon Chang-hoon
    [​IMG]

Goal #3 Kwon Chang-hoon
    [​IMG]

Goal #4 Ryu Seung-woo
    [​IMG]

Goal #5 Son Heung-min
    [​IMG]

Goal #6 Suk Hyun-jun
    [​IMG]

Goal #7 Suk Hyun-jun
    [​IMG]

Goal #8 Ryu Seung-woo (Hattrick)
    [​IMG]

Hyok, chook90, Kanuck and 1 other person repped this.