2016 Preseason Thread

Discussion in 'Indy Eleven' started by jeffcoop, Feb 15, 2016.

1. jeffcoop

jeffcoop BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 11, 2006
    Central Indiana
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Always possible. Preseason isn't necessarily an indicator of results once the season starts. The Mets have a woeful Grapefruit League record, but I'm not overly concerned. They, though, at least have a record of success from last year that helps allay concern. The Eleven? Not so much

USAsports6 repped this.
  2. Rowdy Joe

Rowdy Joe Member

Jan 7, 2016
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Sorry guys not happening, Rowdies win 3-1 next Saturday night

3. USAsports6

USAsports6 Member+

FC Dallas
    United States
    Oct 17, 2014
    Club:
    Indy Eleven
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We shall see. The Rowdies have a solid team on paper but I liked the additions the Eleven made. Obviously been a slow start but it's preseason.

jeffcoop repped this.
  4. Rowdy Joe

Rowdy Joe Member

Jan 7, 2016
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Indeed sir, good luck to the eleven, you got the fans now it's time to win, cheers

jeffcoop repped this.
  5. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    jeffcoop and The One X repped this.
  6. USAsports6

USAsports6 Member+

FC Dallas
    United States
    Oct 17, 2014
    Club:
    Indy Eleven
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I pretty much agree with their starting line-up but I would slot either Reinoso (If we sign him, sounds like he had a good pre-season) or Braun in for Stokjov. I simply don't think Stokjov adds enough to the attack to justify him playing that far up the field.

jeffcoop repped this.
  7. jeffcoop

Jul 11, 2006
    Central Indiana
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #32 jeffcoop, Mar 29, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
    Agreed. Stojkov is a flexible player, but he doesn't offer enough in attack to justify starting him that far forward.

Edit: Well, we can now say for sure that Stojkov won't be starting--he was released today, along with Dino Williams and Stephen DeRoux. The latter two moves hurt, as they seemed like promising players, but injuries prevented them from contributing.

Indy also signed 30-year-old Colombian forward Jair Reinoso, who has played most of his career in various South American leagues and in China (including last year there).

The One X repped this.
  8. The One X

The One X Member+

Sep 9, 2014
    Indiana
    Club:
    Indy Eleven
    Bummer, I liked Stojkov, mostly for his name, but also thought he was a solid player out there. Figured he would at least provide good depth for this season.

jeffcoop repped this.
  9. jeffcoop

Jul 11, 2006
    Central Indiana
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Same here. I never thought he was stellar, but I thought he was decent and at least semi-reliable; he seemed able to fill a number of roles. I thought he provided decent depth. And my daughter loved his name and will be disappointed not to have him on the team this year. (She still somehow has Woj, though).

The One X repped this.
  10. USAsports6

USAsports6 Member+

FC Dallas
    United States
    Oct 17, 2014
    Club:
    Indy Eleven
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like the Reinoso addition though, he seemed like one of our more dangerous attackers in the preseason. Wouldn't be surprised at all to see him get the start this weekend.

He's also had success in many leagues, last season in the 2nd division in China he scored 12 goals in 18 apperances, and scored 9 goals in 15 games in the Chilean first division the season before.

The One X and jeffcoop repped this.