2016 Pac12 Thread

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by Glove Stinks, Aug 5, 2016.

1. D1bound

D1bound Member

Feb 7, 2015
    UDub is without Sr Amanda Perez who tore her ACL and is redshirting this season. I believe she plays on the Mexico Womens National Team.

2. cpthomas

cpthomas BigSoccer Supporter

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think they're missing Amanda Perez, too. She shows on the roster, but I think she's red-shirting.

3. mpr2477

mpr2477 Member

Jun 30, 2016
    Club:
    Vancouver MLS
    Ahhhh thank you for letting me she (Perez) was also gone. But do you think she's better then Simon & Keever? I would say they're better (more valuable) then Perez

4. cpthomas

cpthomas BigSoccer Supporter

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know which is the better. Simon and Keever had the better points last year. But, that's not definitive as I can't say what less measurable contributions they made to the team. If you saw a lot of their games, I'd take your word one way or the other. But, she probably qualifies as one of their best players.

5. Glove Stinks

Glove Stinks Member+

Jan 20, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Thru 3 weeks of Nonconference games the Pac12 has rebounded nicely from a rough start. Combined record of 44-15-5 and not a single team under .500. I'd say that holds up pretty well to any conference out there

6. Kurt Kline

Kurt Kline Member

Ajax
    United States
    Jun 26, 2012
    Yorba Linda, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The PAC12 non-conference results are nice, and they do stack up favorably against other conferences after a somewhat inauspicious start, but the self-appointed prognosticator is claiming that the PAC12 is a better conference than the ACC, which everyone knows is not the case. The non-conference totals for the ACC so far are 58 wins, 15 losses, and 5 draws. Much of this is just bluster, since both conferences provide some of the best women's college soccer in the country. I just take umbrage when statements are made that are counter-intuitive to the actual results, and commonly held platitudes. I guess we will not know for certain until the conclusion of the College Cup. My money is on an ACC team raising the trophy.

7. AnsonBlonde

AnsonBlonde Member

Jul 27, 2007
    UNC at UCLA, Friday
    Notre Dame at Stanford, Sunday
    UNC at USC, Sunday

8. soccerpop 13

soccerpop 13 Member

Aug 27, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Cal had a very good road trip to Texas this weekend. Destroyed Texas Tech in Lubbock on Friday night and clawed out a 1-0 win over Texas on Sunday, albeit controversially. Bears scored late on a quick reset off a foul at the top of the box at a time when the referee was allegedly instructing players in the Texas wall to back up.

9. Brian Webb

Brian Webb Member

Aug 7, 2016
    San Marcos, CA
    Club:
    --other--
    Why?

10. AnsonBlonde

AnsonBlonde Member

Jul 27, 2007
    With them yet to play St. Mary's, UC Davis and USF, Cal could be 8-1 before conference play begins. But if Arielle Ship, last year's Pac-12 POTY, isn't healthy (one goal, three shots in 5 matches played, to date), there has to be major concern.

11. D1bound

D1bound Member

Feb 7, 2015
    To bad your daughter is committed to NC State.

12. Glove Stinks

Glove Stinks Member+

Jan 20, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Ummm...Where do you see me saying the Pac12 is the best conference out there? I simply pointed out that after a rough start, they have bounced back nicely and can match up well with the best of them. Jeez

13. Glove Stinks

Glove Stinks Member+

Jan 20, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Gotta say a little something...tonight I watched the USC v ORegon game on Pac 12 Network. Very entertaining game but I cant speak hi enough of the Pac12 network team on the play by play.....First timei have evr watched a game where the PBP guy (Christopher Sullivan) knows more than most head coaches. This guy is so spot on regarding formation and ball control....Im almost giddy listening to the broadcast because its so not BS pacv12 crap. I hope he does a ton more.
    BTW....USC is playing like national contender 700plus minutes of shutout ball

14. Gilmoy

Gilmoy Member+

Jun 14, 2005
    Pullman, Washington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And as you press Enter ...

;) Oregon 1-3 USC

Glove Stinks repped this.
  15. Gilmoy

Gilmoy Member+

Jun 14, 2005
    Pullman, Washington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    2016/10/02 Sun:
    Stanford-Washington
    11' Stanford quack a backpass, GK Jane Campbell charges out into a 1-v-1, just-loses race and scythes a Husky down. Straight red card, but the backup GK saves the PK.

2H During play, the Pac-12 camera zooms in on Campbell still in uniform and lurking in the doorway of a house-like structure at midfield or so, peeking past the wall to watch the action on the field. I guess as long as she stays on the other side of the door jamb, she's off the field?

I see her now! There are two soccer fields side-by-side, and the dividing wall is a ground-level building (lockers?), with 2nd-story balcony seats facing this field. She's in the shadow of the doorway on the ground floor. That door is probably closed during games :laugh:

(As I understand it, a red card means you're dismissed from the field and cannot remain on the bench, but you could sit in the stands like any other fan(?). She's, indeed, directly below the bleacher seats, so it could be argued that she is in the stands. OTOH, both team benches are right up against the wall of that building portion, under the balcony awnings, so she's standing only about 1m behind everybody else.)

soccersubjectively repped this.
  16. Gilmoy

Gilmoy Member+

Jun 14, 2005
    Pullman, Washington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #91 Gilmoy, Oct 2, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
    Arizona State-Colorado
    44'26" 0-0 Colorado fk, scoop to box top arc left. Three players go up and collide heads. ASU #19 McKenzie Grossman splits skin above left temple, comes down with blood pouring out of her left hairline -- covering face like a mask. Teammates urge her to lie back down. Trainers come out and -- wipe excess blood off her left arm :cry: ASU #22 Madison Stark also down in box -- less severe. Eventually she sits up, gets up, joins the crowd around Grossman.

Significant stoppage, Pac-12 goes to commercial. Return to Grossman sitting up, with a green golf cart parked on the field. To be honest, this is probably more of a split-skin gusher than a full-contact concussion, so as soon as they get bleeding slowed, she might be safe to move.

She walks to the cart and gets driven off, holding a towel/ice pack to her own head.

44'27" 0-1 And btw, that was a foul on ASU. Colorado fk at 17m left post, Kornieck runs on and blasts across mouth, golaaaaaaaaaazo into back right edge 1/2 high. The wall must have stopped short before it covered that window.

HT 0-1.

17. Gilmoy

Gilmoy Member+

Jun 14, 2005
    Pullman, Washington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    61' 0-1 Colorado fk at arc tangent right, Kornieck runs on and blasts across mouth, off left post 2/5 high, bounces across mouth rightward. CU #17 chases it down at 15m box right but trips over a slide-tackle, loses it over endline. Next week she'll dink over the wall into the near corner, and nobody will expect it --

18. derbarkasmann

derbarkasmann Member

1.FC Koeln (Cologne, Germany)
    United States
    Oct 27, 2008
    Grand Junction, Colorado
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The top six teams in the conference are 17-0-1. Which means the bottom six teams are 0-17-1.

19. Glove Stinks

Glove Stinks Member+

Jan 20, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    That straight red could be the Pac12 Championship. Stanford plays the Red Hot USC Trojans Thursday without Campbell on suspension. How bad was that pass back now

20. spykemanne

spykemanne Member

Jan 25, 2015
    Las Vegas, NV
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Yes, and next weekend Cal/Stanford go down to battle UCLA/USC.

21. Nice shot

Nice shot New Member

Jun 22, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Anybody have word on the injury suffered by UCLA"s Darian Jenkins in yesterday's game vs Oregon? According to various sources, game was halted for an extended period and Jenkins had to be taken from field by ambulance. Hoping her injury is not nearly as serious as it sounds.

22. Glove Stinks

Glove Stinks Member+

Jan 20, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Word is Broken Ankle. Out for season. Very unfortunate Great player that was having a nice season
    This week is gonna tell a lot. Stanford and Cal in town with USC and UCLA. Stanford will be short Jane Campbell off straight red v Oregon on Thursday at USC. All four teams riding long win streaks and undefeated pac 12s. Great stuff!

23. Nice shot

Nice shot New Member

Jun 22, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Sorry to hear that. Talented young lady. Hope she has a quick and complete recovery.

And ... what a week coming up in the Pac 12. Holy wow.

24. Glove Stinks

Glove Stinks Member+

Jan 20, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    USC Completely dismantles Stanford and UCLA scratches out a 90th minute goal to draw Cal. Colorado gets by Oregon to stay undefeated in league play. Good stuff on the horizon with USC/Cal and Stanford/UCLA. This is getting good!

25. Glove Stinks

Glove Stinks Member+

Jan 20, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    UCLA beats Arizona Double OT : Gotta think that keeps UCLA in the mix but wow...coulda easily gone either way. Stanford and SC both fighting for #1 seeds. This looks to be a crazy finish