2016 Olympic Games [R]

Discussion in 'Iraq' started by Suren01, May 31, 2016.

1. Yas-The-Gunner

Aug 2, 2006
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    It's because it was written by Hassanin Mubarak (Iraqsport), in the team profile he uses the ages that he thinks the players are rather than their official ages. E.g. he says Adnan is 24 in the article but his official age is 22. The ages Hassanin uses aren't confirmed to be true

Suren01 repped this.
  2. iraqiwarrior

iraqiwarrior Member

Mar 25, 2016
    Official lineup: Hameed ; Adnan, Nadhim, Faez, Ibrahim, Alaa Ali; Attwan, Abdul-Amir (C), Husni, Kareem; Hammadi

3. iraqiwarrior

iraqiwarrior Member

Mar 25, 2016
    Does anyone have a link for the other games that are going on?

4. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    When are they? I will post links as soon as I find them..

5. iraqiwarrior

iraqiwarrior Member

Mar 25, 2016
    I'm talking about the other Iraqi athletes, I think one is tomorrow. Also wondering does the Alkass link work for anyone or I'm the only one having problems with it

6. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    I know you were talking about other athletes. Feel free to add any information :)

7. Iraqipower

Iraqipower Member

Oct 20, 2015
    So our new jerseys, can they be purchased anywhere? Or is it the same as always design bought and have the names/numbers printed on after, meaning they wont be carried anywhere.

8. iraqiwarrior

iraqiwarrior Member

Mar 25, 2016
    Rowing: Mohammad Alkhafaji Saturday August 6 7:40 eastern time heat 2
    Judo: Hussein Al Aameri Tuesday August 9 9:42 eastern time
    Boxing: abdulridha waheed August 9 11:30 Easter time

Suren01 repped this.
  9. iraqiwarrior

iraqiwarrior Member

Mar 25, 2016
    Anyone a live link for the opening ceremony

10. Yas-The-Gunner

Aug 2, 2006
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Mohammed Al-Khafaji (first Iraqi ever to qualify for the men's single sculls) finished 5th out of 6 in his heat with a respectable time of 7:25. He has another chance to qualify for the quarter finals tomorrow in the repechage race.

Iraqipower and Suren01 repped this.
  11. Iraqilambo

Iraqilambo Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    You're not the only one having issues with Al Kass. Doesn't seem to work on my phone

12. iraqiwarrior

iraqiwarrior Member

Mar 25, 2016
    Instead of alkass you can change your vpn to canada and use cbc.ca. They have the whole olympics streamed

Iraqipower repped this.
  13. iraqiwarrior

iraqiwarrior Member

Mar 25, 2016
    hey guys does anyone know when salwan jasim is going to compete?
    To be honest that is a very good result, what our players go through from poor/no facilities to constant war our home country.

14. iraqiwarrior

iraqiwarrior Member

Mar 25, 2016
    He made it quarterfinals finishing with a time of 7:14:38

15. Yas-The-Gunner

Aug 2, 2006
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Mabrook to him that's a great achievement, nobody was expecting him to get that far

Iraqipower and Suren01 repped this.
  16. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
  17. iraqiwarrior

iraqiwarrior Member

Mar 25, 2016
    It looks like they haven't seen someone dance with them recording and all gathered up Lol :laugh:

Iraqipower repped this.
  18. iraqiwarrior

iraqiwarrior Member

Mar 25, 2016
    tbh I don't know how rowing works, Hussein Al Aameri lost by penalty. referee was retarded because he should of earned atleast a point.

19. iraqiwarrior

iraqiwarrior Member

Mar 25, 2016
    Amazing performance by waheed against #3 boxer of the world. Only lost by one point:cry:

Suren01 repped this.
  20. iraqiwarrior

iraqiwarrior Member

Mar 25, 2016
    Does anyone know why our weightlifter did not participate in the games?

21. Yas-The-Gunner

Aug 2, 2006
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    I think he will participate on Monday

22. irak101

irak101 Member

Aug 18, 2016
    but its been happening for years

23. Yas-The-Gunner

Aug 2, 2006
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    I know, I didn't dispute that.

24. irak101

irak101 Member

Aug 18, 2016
    ok; over the years official DOBs of some players have been known to change look at Jassim Ghulam Al-Hamd a youth winner in 2000 and he was born in 1979 (1981 when he played in the youth championship). It goes on and should not surprise us if Ali Adnan was actually 24

25. Yas-The-Gunner

Aug 2, 2006
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    I know this, all I was saying in the previous post was that the reason why the article had more than three overage players was because the official ages (the ones that AFC/FIFA recognise) weren't used in the article. I wasn't saying the official ages are true, they're almost definitely not, it's just that the real ages of most players aren't confirmed.

There's plenty of other cases other than Jassim Ghulam. Just last year a player called Mohanad Ali Kadhim who was top scorer of the AFC U-14 Asian Cup it was revealed he was actually called Hassan and was 19, and he was using his younger brothers name for the tournament. Another example is when Ammar Abdul Hussein said in an interview he was born in 1989 and then changed to 1991 when the U-20 world cup came around. Even the Iraq FA themselves confirmed Noor and Younis were ineligible for the Athens Olympics when they put their real DOBs in the team sheet for a friendly with Syria not long ago. I don't dispute the existence of age fraud, merely I was saying that in most cases the actual ages of the players are speculation rather than confirmed ages.