2016 - Logo Design, Name, Color, Etc.

Discussion in 'St. Louis City SC' started by Sport Billy, Mar 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tallguy

tallguy Member+

Sep 15, 2004
    MoCoLand, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Los Angeles Lakers simply kept their Minneapolis Lakers nickname, that's all. As did the Vancouver/Memphis Grizzlies, the New Orleans/Utah Jazz, the St. Louis/Atlanta Hawks, the Kansas City-Omaha/Kansas City/Sacramento Kings, the Rochester/Cincinnati Royals, the San Diego/Houston Rockets, the Baltimore/Capital/Washington Bullets, the Charlotte/New Orleans Hornets, the New York/New Jersey/Brooklyn Nets, the Fort Wayne/Detroit Pistons, and the Philadelphia/San Francisco/Golden State Warriors. It's surprising how many times this had happened in the NBA, although total rebrands such as the New Orleans Horntes/Pelicans, the Seattle Sonics/Oklahoma City Thunder and the Washington Bullets/Wizards have occurred in recent years.

2. SetPeace

SetPeace Member+

Jun 22, 2004
    SC Illinois
    Club:
    Torquay United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's been almost a month since the latest news of St. Louis getting another MLS bid proposal together. If this one comes to fruition
    It's been almost a month since news broke of the latest potential MLS bid from St. Louis. If it comes to fruition this time, I like this suggestion by Siberian Thunder. With a simple name of Confluence SC or St. Louis Olympic since the city was the first in the USA to host the Olympic Games, you could incorporate the colors of the city flag into the uniform.

I always thought one of the coolest uniforms from the old NASL was worn by the Ft. Lauderdale Strikers. Another distinctive uniform design seen today is by Sampdoria in Serie A. A St. Louis team could sport white uniforms with alternating horizontal stripes of red, yellow, and blue. Road uniforms could be predominantly one of the other primary colors with white stripes thrown in. Potentially, a St. Louis team could feature 4 uniform changes, and possibly 5 if you went with an all-black kit.

It will be interesting to see if MLS announces any further expansion at this year's MLS Cup. It seems like the league usually comes out with a statement about expansion cities during MLS Cup week or on Opening Day or the All-Star Game.

3. SteveUSSF_ref8

SteveUSSF_ref8 Member+

United States
    Oct 25, 2010
    Sun City, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here an idea I have had, it using the colors from the City of St. Louis flag. Saint Louis SC.png

StLindoor repped this.
  4. SteveUSSF_ref8

SteveUSSF_ref8 Member+

United States
    Oct 25, 2010
    Sun City, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    SC Saint Louis.png

Here's an idea for SC St. Louis

StLindoor repped this.
  5. StLindoor

StLindoor New Member

May 4, 2018
    St. Charles, MO
    Find a way to combine the artwork in #1 with the Arch crest in #2 and I’d buy a shirt!

6. StLindoor

StLindoor New Member

May 4, 2018
    St. Charles, MO
    I also dig spelling out Saint over the abbreviation

7. EPJr

EPJr Member+

Los Angeles FC
    United States
    Mar 21, 2009
    Richmond VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    so are we now going with Saint Louis FC into the next level (like FCC did)?
    Blue and green or adding red?