2016 Hot Seat

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by sec123, May 11, 2016.

1. WACySOCCERWORLD

Jan 28, 2014
    With the multitude of women's coaches out there that are very qualified for this job...why would they go with a D2 men's coach?

2. USsoccerguy

USsoccerguy Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Club:
    Gamba Osaka
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If they would it's because he was on staff there, familiar with the place, and not to mention he's a very good coach.

3. WACySOCCERWORLD

Jan 28, 2014
    Fair enough!

4. USsoccerguy

USsoccerguy Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Club:
    Gamba Osaka
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Also is an alum...

5. Farcelona

Farcelona New Member

Feb 21, 2017
    Heard Oakland had candidates on campus for interviews in the past week, neither of them were included. Probably a stretch to say that they are leading the way, at least right now.

6. RtD!

RtD! Member

Nov 12, 2014
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    "Transactions" in the newspaper lists Greg Cathell as new women's soccer coach at Centenary. not what their website says???

7. WACySOCCERWORLD

Jan 28, 2014
  8. castate

castate New Member

Dec 11, 2015

Chris Lemay announced for Utah Valley

9. RtD!

RtD! Member

Nov 12, 2014
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
  10. Fitballer

Fitballer Member

Mar 6, 2015
  11. StevenLa

StevenLa Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  12. HouseofCards

HouseofCards Member

Nov 26, 2012
  13. Eddie K

Eddie K Member+

May 5, 2007
    I think a lot of this is just about money. ADs can't always justify a raise or rewrite a contract without a real competitive offer or unless they 'reclassify' the employee. Change their title and they move up in pay grade. Seems like the AD wanted to keep these folks around and all parties agreed. I haven't looked at Campbell enough to have any take on this move but it seems strange that there are Camels in North Carolina. I wonder what bathroom they get to use? ;)

14. WestCoaster15

WestCoaster15 New Member

Jan 13, 2017
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    There's another element at play, tho. In reclassifying (and promoting) her, they also reclassified (but demoted) the previous, solo Head Coach, presumably removing his autonomy. Unless this is what he wanted, to keep his staff intact.

Going from 'Assistant Coach' to 'Associate Head Coach' really is just a title change, nothing more. The job responsibilities and description remain exactly the same. But Associate Head Coach to Co-Head Coach is a genuine job upgrade, with different responsibilities and expectations.

fishon and Fitballer repped this.
  15. fishon

fishon Member

Apr 27, 2007
    -AD that cannot make a decision
    -Lame Duck former solo HC
    -Creates Even more drama and confusion for team

Should have a good season.....

16. SoccerTrustee

SoccerTrustee Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Any speculation on if any college coaches are in the mix for the U17 and U20 National Team head coach positions? Wonder if any prominent coach would be willing to leave a college gig for one of these youth national teams.
    Michelle French moving to an assistant coach position with the full national team and BJ Snow also with the full team as a scout. This discussion should be saved for another thread but not sure why French would be allowed anywhere near our national team. Didn't do a damn thing for the U20s, never should have been there with her lack of experience any way and now she's working with the full team, smh.

17. 6peternorth9

6peternorth9 Member

Nov 15, 2012
    Club:
    Southampton FC
    Are you really surprised that this has happened though?
    Until Ellis/Heinrichs are gone, nothing will change.

MAGA DTS! repped this.
  18. cpthomas

cpthomas BigSoccer Supporter

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In response to request re UCF:

[​IMG]

19. Holmes12

Holmes12 Member

May 15, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Thank you, cp. Unfortunately I only see a generic img icon (trying three different browsers).

20. cpthomas

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #1120 cpthomas, Feb 26, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
    [​IMG]

Odd, I posted this chart in the same way I have done others. Did this attempt work?

Some others have had a problem like yours and have found a way to see the chart. Someone posted about it a while ago on this thread. I haven't been able to find the post.

21. Holmes12

Holmes12 Member

May 15, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Yeah, I saw your Syracuse chart but for some reason, this doesn't work for me in any browser. Could you say if UCF is trending down like it appears via win-loss records under the Sahaydaks?

22. cpthomas

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #1122 cpthomas, Feb 27, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
    Yes, UCF is trending downward.

Using simply the 10-year straight line trend, the rate of downward ARPI change from year to year is -0.0022. The rough total downward trend over the last 10 years is from 0.6250 to 0.6050.

Using a 6-year straight line trend, which on average appears to be the best approximation of future results for a coach who has been there for four years (as Sahaydak has), one would expect UCF to have an ARPI of 0.6126, which would be very good, likely placing them in the top 20.

On the other hand, using a 6-year running average, the team initially trended upward during her term but now is trending downward. The downward trend currently is at a steeper rate than the 10-year trend. According to the 6-year running average trend, one might expect an ARPI around 0.6050 next year. This largely is influenced by UCF's 2016 performance, which was very poor by UCF historic standards.

(According to the test I've run, using a 6-year straight line trend rather than a 6-year running average is a better indicator, on average, of how teams will do next year. But, any prediction method based on past performance produces only very rough results.)

23. Holmes12

Holmes12 Member

May 15, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    #1123 Holmes12, Feb 27, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
    ok, thank you, cp. I'm not surprised. For whatever reason, Tiffany comes off as disingenuous to me. You know she'd bolt in a nanosecond for "better" (P5) as she tries too hard with the "we're in this together" routine. Also, as I said earlier, staff nepotism, never works. Horrible for morale.

soccerd repped this.
  24. luvthegame

luvthegame Member

Oct 17, 2005
    Never works? I would maybe go ask South Carolina about that. South Florida has done pretty Well. I think Holmes12 just throwing more unfounded stuff out there again.

25. sec123

sec123 Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    And in other news, the sun rose in the east this morning