2016 Hiroshi Kiyotake @ Sevilla FC (ESP)

Discussion in 'Japanese Abroad' started by Dax, Jun 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    Cerezo, Sagan and Vissel

2. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Put Sevilla FC in the black list please. Never heard a story so pathetic.

seolseol repped this.
  3. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    It'd be a bad move. Plus he's really talented, he'd be a waist in J. League.

4. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    It's not Sevilla telling him to go back to Japan. I'm pretty sure they'd rather get back the investment you know

5. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    I am sure he can at least be a first team player in a mid-table or lower-positioned clubs in Ligue 1 and Bundesliga, etc.

6. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Hertha or Buli not possible? It'd the perfect arrangement.

7. datschge

datschge Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    Germany
    Hertha's manager Preetz stated a week ago that they gave up on pursuing Kiyotake.

8. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    In case it's not clear, apparently Kiyotake stated that he wants to go back to Japan for "personal reasons", not because he can't find a team.
    Weak in my book, but I don't really know what's behind it so I can't judge too much

9. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    sometimes teams have to cut their losses, since they want Kiyotake out, they should swallow most of the cost.
    They signed Walter Montoya, another extra EU so they need to get rid of Ganso or Kiyotake even more now.

10. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    Like Kakitani and Yamaguchi I guess. At least he accomplished something before going back unlike the other two.

seolseol repped this.
  11. NaohiroTakahara

NaohiroTakahara Member+

Nov 12, 2013
    Dont think the Japan return thing is more then a rumour....a few month ago the same was reportet about Kagawa....some weeks ago it was mentionend that Kiyotake wants hard to come back to Germany. Why should he go back to Japan ? Sure maybe personal reasons, this would be sad but nothing is weak there....nobody know what his family and him has in mind. I think tomorrow Hertha will anounce the deal...the Preetz talkings about "gave up about him" is just tactical like everytime.

seolseol repped this.
  12. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Sure, I don't know how much Cerezo is offering and what they want to do. I just thought it was more likely to see him loaned out for a while.

Not the same situation. Yamaguchi ran away after 6 months and Kakitani never really clicked with Sousa and the team. Kiyotake has spent a lot of time in Europe so it's difficult to say what's going on.

13. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Go back to Hannover and help them reach B1 again , way better than going home.

14. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    I'm fed up about this repetitive dumb story about a skilled gifted japanese player that move to a team that it's clearly too much for him (or should I say a team that don't like his ethnicity :rolleyes:), waste months/years and then ending in a worse place than the initial one.

I think Bundesliga must be the priority goal for japanese players with some exceptions and in anycase please avoid big clubs that don't wanna invest in you at all. The same Okazaki and Yoshida that did/do well in EPL moved to underdog teams.

15. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    This season Sevilla have done really well, but let's see where they will end before we draw any conclusions. Leicester won the league last year. Look at where they are now.

Last year Sevilla were 7th and 39 points behind Barcelona and 38 points behind Real Madrid. And even worse: 12 points behind CL-qualification via league-play. Hertha were 38 points behind Bayern München, but only 5 points behind CL-qualification. And which league is the best of those 2 is hard to say, but the difference is in any way not big either way.

Statistics can be used in many ways, but if one thing this shows that they are atleast remotely close. Would Sevilla have managed a top 4 finish in any of the last 4-5 seasons in Bundesliga? Maybe, but it's not likely.... this year it seems to be different, but we're only halfway through the season yet and anything can still happen.

I guess his comment about 8 goals and 15 assists were meant for a full-season ( i.e next season if he returned).

16. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Well, to be fair Sevilla also won a couple of Europa Leagues in the meanwhile...

Samurai Warrior and Saku² repped this.
  17. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Then let's hope Kiyotake will face them with Hertha in the next EL ;)

18. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Set to join Cerezo. Announcement tomorrow

Samurai Warrior repped this.
  19. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Oh good god. This is tragic

Samurai Warrior repped this.
  20. datschge

datschge Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    Germany
  21. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Reportedly Cerezo is paying 6mln, woah

22. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Sold for peanuts in 2012, bought for 6m€ 4years and a half later, nice business.

Samurai Warrior and teioh repped this.
  23. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    So not even a loan deal as speculated, that's even worse.

24. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I hope it'll be known WHY Kiyotake has to do this. Quoted "personal reasons", but...

25. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yes would be nice to know