2016 AFC U-16 Championship qualifiers

Discussion in 'AFC: Tournaments' started by Suren01, Jun 5, 2015.

1. Nurafshon

Nurafshon Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Germany
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    All qualified teams:

India - Hosts
    Uzbekistan - Group A winners
    Oman - Group B winners
    Iraq - Group C winners
    Saudi Arabia - Group D winners
    Iran - Group E winners
    Kuwait - Group F winners
    Malaysia - Group G winners
    North Korea - Group H winners
    South Korea - Group I winners
    Australia - Group J winners
    Japan - Group K winners
    Vietnam - 1st best runners-up
    Thailand - 2nd best runners-up
    United Arab Emirates - 3rd best runners-up
    Nepal - 4th best runners-up

2. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    China also failed to qualify. Last time they missed out on the U16 tournament was in 1998.
    Syria, participants in 2015 U17 World Cup failed to qualify.

3. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    Qatari network @estadaldoha have accused Iraq's #AFCU16 side to have included 11 overaged players in recent squad.

4. Ronnie766

Ronnie766 New Member

Bengaluru FC
    India
    Aug 24, 2015
    India qualified as 4th best runner up.. But on virtue of being host the 5th best placed runners up qualified.. Hence Nepal got lucky

5. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
  6. edlee1992

edlee1992 Member+

Apr 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  7. Nurafshon

Nurafshon Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Germany
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    Now, I understand why we lost them twice in the U-16 qualifiers))

8. edlee1992

edlee1992 Member+

Apr 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    thats frustrating. i know how it feels

9. Football Asia

Football Asia Member

Oct 17, 2014
    "http://t.co/WzlG5r0g4z">pic.twitter.com/WzlG5r0g4z</a></p>&mdash; عراقي أنا (@hassaninmubarak) <a href="

Since there's talk of overage players I saw this on twitter and thought it was funny.

http://www.the-afc.com/afc-u-14-championship-2014-iraq/prolific-kadhim-claims-u-14-top-scorer-honour

This Iraqi player was apparently top scorer of last year's u14 championship that Iraq won, and this year he's 18.

edlee1992 repped this.
  10. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    Kuala Lumpur: Kyrgyzstan will compete at the AFC U-16 Championship India 2016 following Nepal’s exclusion from the tournament.

The news comes after the AFC Disciplinary Committee found that Nepal, who played in Group B of the qualifiers, fielded an ineligible player in all three of its group matches.

The ineligibility occurred as a result of a player's MRI test revealing complete fusion of his radial bone. This deemed the player to be ineligible in accordance with Article 21 of the Competition Regulations. The Committee ordered that the All Nepal Football Association pay a fine of US$14,500 and forfeit all of their matches by a 3-0 scoreline.

In total, 16 teams will compete for honours and they include host nation India, the eleven qualifying group winners and the four teams who finished as the best second placed sides during qualification.

AFC U-16 Championship India 2016 – The Finalists

Uzbekistan – Group A winners

Kyrgyzstan – Group B winners

Iraq – Group C winners

Saudi Arabia – Group D winners

Iran – Group E winners

Kuwait** – Group F winners

Malaysia – Group G winners

DPR Korea – Group H winners

Korea Republic – Group I winners

Australia – Group J winners

Japan – Group K winners

Vietnam – 1st best runner-up among all groups

Thailand – 2nd best runner-up among all groups

United Arab Emirates – 3rd best runner-up among all groups

Oman – 4th best runner-up among all groups

India – hosts

** The Kuwait Football Association was suspended by FIFA on October 16, 2015. In this regard, the participation of Kuwait in the Final Competition will be referred to the the AFC Competitions Committee for its decision.

http://www.the-afc.com/u-16-champio...mpete-at-afc-u-16-cship-after-nepal-exclusion

11. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
  12. edlee1992

edlee1992 Member+

Apr 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #37 edlee1992, Oct 30, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2015
    lol if you think that the MRI's are 100 accurate than you need to retake physiology. my 19 year old cousin does not have his growth plates infused completely. All this test is revealing is that the player is not fully grown. typically the epiphyseal plates will completely fuse at 16-21 years old

13. edlee1992

edlee1992 Member+

Apr 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    also plz explain this to me suren01

14. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Why are they conducting the tests in the first place, if it's not accurate? Nepal got disqualified by the results of the MRI tests.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/piersedwards/2011/01/age.html

15. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    You are mentioning the same source (journalist Hassanin Mubarak) over and over again since 2013. I am following him and know that he made a couple of mistakes regarding the age of players.

The Ministry of Youth in Iraq is fighting against age cheating (because of the accusations in the past) in coöperation with the youth coaches and federation to make sure no overaged players get into the sides.

16. edlee1992

edlee1992 Member+

Apr 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    b/c it will eliminate fully grown men. but its impossible to rule out everyone. anyone with a backround in science knows this

17. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Nothing is 100% but it gives you an indication, and in our case there has been no evidence of using overaged players. Simple.

I post this because I'm tired to see Iraq accused without evidence. Qatar based their complaints on a journalist and tried to use it against us because they had nothing to lose.

18. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    The AFC Competitions Committee also decided that if the FIFA suspension of Kuwait FA is not lifted by May 13, 2016, the next highest ranked team in the AFC U-16 Championship qualifying competition would replace Kuwait in the competition. Kuwait had finished top of Group F in the qualifiers held in September last year.

http://www.the-afc.com/competitions-division/afc-competitions-committee-decisions

19. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England

You could argue that it should be the runners up in their group stage, of which would be Syria, but looks like it will be a best runner up which is Yemen.