2016 AFC Champions League

Discussion in 'AFC: Tournaments' started by jonny63, Dec 3, 2015.

1. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Personally, I don't care how good the K-league is as long as it can be a decent stepping stone to Europe with good attendance and entertaining football. It's not there yet but hopefully it will.

2. Diego Aguirre

Diego Aguirre Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Tashkent
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    I think CSL is stronger now than K-League and J-League, and probably the best Asian league

It's called FOOTBALL repped this.
  3. 52501

52501 New Member

Jul 2, 2016
    Center of Universe
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    I get this football link from a BBS so I check posts here, most of the posts I read are OK until I read your riduclus suggestion that China football league should replace their Brazilian footballer with asian footballers, so I want to register an account to reply to you.

You can clearly see I debate with reasons, and you cannot argue with the reason so you resolute to this random nonsense, maybe truth hurts here.

I don't think I have replied any other posts from you anyway.

So if you cannot debate, just move on and admit you were wrong, nothing wrong with being wrong on things you know little of, just don't make up a reply to show your bitterness, thats kind of a loser spirit.

4. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #504 +PL+, Jul 2, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2016
    I only reply to this part of your comment because I don't have time to argue for the rest and I don't see the point of it anyway.

Show me where I said the bold part. Your assumptions and my suggestions are two different things. Actually this shows you won't read or understand my comments. I said instead of paying very high deals for over priced and over hyped players, you should pay for quality not names. Hulk is a good player in my opinion and actually the only one among all high paying players you have signed so far but the price tag is still high for him. I am not against hiring Brazilian or South Americans footballers, if you notice I have encouraged that but not for old over hyped big names but for young and hungry for fame who have quality. Those players are cheap but their performance will be on par with many big names.

For example there was a Brazilian player in Tianjin Teda last year. His name was Andrezinho or something and he was an AMF. He could move the whole team and feed the forwards. Tianjin was doing ok as long as they had him and there was this Argentinian dude, Barcos who was scoring many goals for them. These players were cheap but their quality was all right, paying a little more and bring younger talents who have no big names and they perform even better. The rest of budget can be spend on local Chinese talents.

Tianjin Teda offense line under performed when Andrezinho left the team to go back to Brazil and Tianjin barely avoided relegation. (I know this because I was following our NT defense Pouraliganji playing for Tianjin a year ago)

Here is my example of over priced and over hyped players.

Alex Teixeira Santos 30M +50M transfer fee.
    http://www.transfermarkt.com/alex-teixeira/profil/spieler/66515
    Ramires Santos do Nascimento 25M + 28M transfer fee.
    http://www.transfermarkt.com/ramires/profil/spieler/54170
    Jackson Arley Martínez 30M +45M transfer fee.
    http://www.transfermarkt.com/jackson-martinez/profil/spieler/74418

5. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Now look at teams like Henan Jianye spending only 7M but having the same results of the top 3 in CSL. Or even better than Shanghai SIPG which spends 51M.

6. 52501

52501 New Member

Jul 2, 2016
    Center of Universe
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    #506 52501, Jul 2, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2016
    Like I said a zillion times, they are not overpriced if they do have the money, its all at a supply-demand balance.

For instance, an flat in Beijing can priced at 3 million USD, whils a flat in Xinjiang may only cost you 0.1 million USD, does that may Beijing's flat is overpriced and Xinjiang's flat is underpriced?

Not at all, they are both priced fairly according to supply-demand balance.

And how could I believe by adding asian players instead of the established football stars we can have a more enjoyable football exeperice or better peformance.Aint' its stupid to recommend we get more iran players instead of brazil players etc to our squad in ACL, when even the 100% iran-made team cannot make ACL round of 8?

As for Henan, well, if all league teams are like Henan Jianye, then much fewer people in China will watch CLS. Henan Jianye play a tough style football, less skillful and more tough defense and lots of fouls.

Its style is OK when play with other more skillful teams, but it is boring to watch if all teams play like that.

Just imagine all football games play like Italy vs Italy or Germany vs Germany (before 2000, the german certainly play a much better football since 2006, so I am quite glad they beat Italy today), I bet football wont be a popular sports as it is.

People go to stadium to see skillful football players to show off their great skills, if there is no skills shown, why not go to do something more interesting instead watching a boring match?

I for one, have never watched any asian league matches until CLS bring alots of big names, and alot of Chinese do the same.

7. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Lee Jang Soo won ACL before?

8. greenlion

greenlion Member

Apr 22, 2004
    CHINA
    Club:
    Beijing Guoan
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    He lead Seongnam to Asian Champions in 1996

chook90 repped this.
  9. greenlion

greenlion Member

Apr 22, 2004
    CHINA
    Club:
    Beijing Guoan
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    #509 greenlion, Jul 3, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2016
    Most of the players coming to China is not Overatted, It is just because the reality that Chinese clubs have to pay more money to sign these players compare with their european competitors, as the Chinese league is not at the same level as big leagues in the world, by signing these players, the standard of play had improved huge in recent years, East asian posters, especially those from Japan and Korean may agree with me at this point as they've seen more chinese teams play than West asian members.

any club in any league could by plyers they want if they have the money, to attract high stand players to the league is not a fault. if you could read Japanese you may see from some Japanese media they J-League may sign superstars in next season as they just secured a 625m USD broadcast rights for 5 years, if IPL have the same budget they could follow the step too.

BTW, just curious how much is the broadcast fee in IPL?

China already have U16,U18 and U21 leagues, and China is probablly the only East Asian League who has a home-away league for reserve teams, currentlly the country has about 300 football schools and the aim is to have 1200 in 2020.

what i agree with you is, the lack of high standard local players, it is a big problem, China have good football culture in 1980s' to 1990s', at that time China have the best generation of players. but new generation prefer playing basketball more than football, football is not even No 1 sport in China, the CFA still have long road to go in grassroots football.

In other side, speaking of football culture, the Chinese football never lacks of passion for football, in 1992, when football was still semi-pro in China, top division has a average attendance to 17,429, most of Asian league could not fill in so many people to stadium today. by that means Countries like Iran where football in life of the Nation, kids plays football everyday, still lack of tradition of watching games, most of the fans across the country only follows two clubs, and the two clubs are from the same city, that Shows Iranian clubs, although they are good at produce high standard players, should focus on development of local market, and encourage local fans to attend games, that is part of football culture too.

Like I said before, Chinese clubs invest big money in youth football too, Chinese FA and clubs have elaborate plan in football development, the arriving of higher standard players is part of thr project.It needs long time to see the fruit and it is just the begginging of the process, from which point you concluded it as "wasteful spending?"

Not only Chinese companies invest money on Chinese football, but also foreign clubs and stars, Ronaldo just opened his 6th football academy in Hubei province, he plans to open 30 academies in China, Inter, Real Mardrid and Chelsea have football academies in china too.

the gap between Asian player and European/South American players are huge, before the 3+1 rule, the CSL only sign AFC players from Australia, which is actually a European country in culture, if not the 3+1 rule I doubt there will be so many Asian players in CSL. Let's be honest Asian players are not good enough, even in IPL, 16 clubd only sign 5 players from AFC Countries right? and the majority of foreigner players in IPL are brazilian too,

Joke or not it is still the top club competition in Asian, and I'm quite sure J-League clubs take it seriously inrecent years, J-League had adjust domestic schedule for clubs attending ACL, J-League official had special financial subsidy for ACL.

good foreigner players could improve the standard of League, and atrong league leads to a strong national team, football giants like Germany, Spain, France, Italy, England, Brazil, Argentina all have very strong leagues, and foreigner players plays important role in their leagues, even when Japanese National Team dominated asia, at that time foreiner players in J-League are on a much higher level compare with current imports too.

Not only National team out to have passionate fans, but clubs deserves to have great support from local fans too. speaking ot importance of League VS NT, I'd say legue is more important course it is the foundmental of NT.

not like Arab leagues where clubs are eager to have iranian players, actually there are very few transfer rumors or bids ralated to Iran players in China, clubs doesn't have special need for Iranian players. partly because IPL is not broadcasted in China, but leagues like J-League, K-League and A-League, fans could follow these leagues every week in China, so they are familiar about Japanese, Korean and Austrlian players and clubs

10. greenlion

greenlion Member

Apr 22, 2004
    CHINA
    Club:
    Beijing Guoan
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Henan Jianye is a Joke, they plays boring football and they have a ridiculous coach

11. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #511 +PL+, Jul 3, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2016
    The point was they can keep up with the giants. 15M is good enough to have a strong team in CSL. Bring right Asian/South American/African players and talented Chinese players and show some quality. (in my opinion some coaches from Croatia/Serbia/Bosnia are cheap but can get good results with a combination of some solid defense players and good technical MFs/strikers)

I can speak about Tianjin because I Knew it well. Other non giant Chinese team may have the same problem. Tianjin had a dutch coach, goal keeper was weak, and their CB was 36 year old Chinese NT veteran. They brought two CBs, young Pouraliganji, 29 years Fonseca (Brazilian I think), had an ATM called Andrezinho (29 yrs Brazilian) , a tall forward Barcos (28 yrs Argentinian), and they brought a Colombian dude as second forward (this guy was a failure). The team was doing not bad, but because of lack of enough preseason matches the defense line never matched well. As long as Andrezinho was in MF, Barcos and other Chinese strikers were scoring goals. With Pouraliganji defense was trying to hold the team as well. Tianjin managed to climb up to 4 or 5 position in league, later when Andrezinho was let go and a failure Colombian player was signed (with a contract 3-4 times of Andrezinho). The Colombian player did almost nothing to help the team and the lack of technical play maker created an awful situation. There was a dispute over sponsors who wanted to force a Chinese player from second division to the team with a very high price tag (I believe something like 9M dollars) on loan which eventually didn't work, so the sponsors pulled the plug on the team. The back of team broke. Tianjin turned so bad that they barely escaped relegation. At the end of season miraculously Tianjin won Beijing Guoan (one of the strongest Chinese club in that season) 4-0 to stay in CSL. In first match Beijing Guoan dominated Tianjin and won 3-0 while Andrezinho was still in the team. To be honest I have seen many football matches and that last match was very fishy and looked like a set up / a deal to keep Teda in CSL.

From this short recollection. You can find several problems.

1. Lack of reliable Chinese CBs in CSL = need to develop solid Chinese players
    2. Not keeping cheap player with quality (Andrezinho was a good player maker)
    3. Weak or corrupt scouting agents (who brought a more expensive Colombian guy that failed big time)
    4. Sponsors forcing low quality players on loan to the team.
    5. Sponsors pulling the plug on team in middle of competition
    6. Not enough meaningful pre-season matches.

I don't know if this people want to be just in CSL for broadcasting money or whatever financial benefit they get or they really want to have a fruitful league / club. There is something sketchy about CSL and massive money spends on wrong directions while many football experts, passionate fans, coaches and trainers can see. PGPL/IPL has 1/3 of CSL budget but even with this budget we could have awesome result if We don't have massive corruption and governmental interference in Iran. We know the problems and the solutions but have not enough power to change. Chinese have a better economy and market freedom in CSL than Iranians in PGPL.

For advertisement I have no idea, but for audience is free.

PGPL (Persian Gulf Pro League) alternatively known as IPL, is controlled by government. All TV channels are owned by government in Iran so all matches are broadcasted for free on national TV. At the same time TV charges companies for advertisement but refused to pay the local clubs. That alone destroys the concept of private sector and financial advantages coming with it. Iranian clubs rely on sponsors and transfer fees. There are so many greedy agents who make loads of money transferring Iranian best talents to Arab leagues (instead of Europe, basically they settle deals for less quality and more money and don't care about future development of their players) and there are those who use their connections inside clubs to sign weak players for very high wages but paying only a small portion of contract to the players. PGPL is sick and there are powerful hands to keep it that way. Iranian people are football crazy and there are so much talents in Iran. Government and corrupt people kept it back from its real potentials for years. I can talk about PGPL for pages if there are people who likes to listen. China have the resources and more freedom but I think they are wasting too much here and there.

I give you some example to know why clubs in PGPL are not performing well in ACL. As many serious Asian football fans know, Iran has two giant teams called Persepolis and Esteghlal (Known as Taj before 1978 revolution). Both of these teams are in Tehran but have millions of fans around the country and in diaspora. After 35 years and several attempts to privatize these giant clubs they are still under Sport Ministry which refused to invest enough money from time to time. All auctions and deals have been canceled by same governmental agencies. In Iran having either of these clubs gives massive social and political support to the owners. Iranian government wants to control everything because the higher ups are so paranoid. They even fear from people celebrating for NT advancing to WC. They fear people gather in large numbers be it in stadium or in celebration because they know people are not happy with the regime and any large gathering may spark another revolution anytime soon. All matches of Persepolis or Esteghlal must be contained in Azadi Stadium which can hold up to 120K. There have been several attempts to damage these clubs or make football less popular (by constantly changing low quality coaches or signing low quality players and changing the match days from weekend to mid week days) or divert people attention by other BS conflicts. But non of them works and pressure from football fans makes them to go around a circle. The regime installs managers for clubs that mess up with everything by wrong decision making and favors. Sometimes they just come to make a name for themselves and platform for their future political job, many of these manager come from military background and know nothing about sport or management. There are also corrupt individuals who sell spots in squads from U16 teams up to senior teams. (Basically you have to pay to be a member of certain club youth teams or at least pay a portion of your contract if you a good player in some clubs).

If an Iranian team manages to overcome all these restraints some how with chance, it shines a short period and falls back very soon. Every time a club could find enough financial back up and freedom from incompetent managers (installed by government), it shines in ACL. Sepahan has been doing this more than others in past 15 years. Esteghlal managed to do this in 2013 by signing good Iranian football players, they advanced up to semi finals in ACL but later many of their players left the team with bitter taste because Esteghlal couldn't pay them in full. Many of the players still have the checks but refused to take Esteghlal to the court and cause them to relegate or lose points. (Because they will be branded as traitors to the team by millions of fans). Naft Tehran had a young and talented team which managed to be among last 8 in ACL 2015 and even top 3 teams in PGPL but very soon they fall back lost their coach and most of the players because they couldn't pay them. Naft Tehran was sold to a new owner last week.

Conclusion: PGPL/IPL is a good example of mismanagement/corruption/interference holding back many talented footballers and passionate fans. Iranian clubs can get stronger several folds simply by removing few obstacles and letting football experts doing their job. China has the freedom of third party investing in CSL or owning clubs and good budgets are there to let local talents develop. I am not against signing good quality players by CSL clubs, I suggest you use these opportunities to the maximum level and enjoy your freedom but won't forget to spend it wisely on your people and sharing the joy of football even with your poor folks. Try to develop football academies that take from all social levels and not just rich kids who can pay for training and later on leave it either because lack of motivation or because they can make more money being businessmen or whatever.

12. RickChelsea

RickChelsea Member

Sep 28, 2008
    sidknee
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mozambique
    the CSL is going to be televised in australia soon hopefully

13. greenlion

greenlion Member

Apr 22, 2004
    CHINA
    Club:
    Beijing Guoan
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    chook90 repped this.
  14. greenlion

greenlion Member

Apr 22, 2004
    CHINA
    Club:
    Beijing Guoan
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Shandong Luneng Taishan sign Senagal Striker Papiss Demba Cissé from Newcastle United

15. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Will this affect Graziano Pelle signing?

16. greenlion

greenlion Member

Apr 22, 2004
    CHINA
    Club:
    Beijing Guoan
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Pelle had officially joined Shandong

chook90 repped this.
  17. 52501

52501 New Member

Jul 2, 2016
    Center of Universe
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Who will leave Shandong then? With two EPL strikers at hand, I think Shandong is about to send their two Brazilan strikers back to Brazil?

18. greenlion

greenlion Member

Apr 22, 2004
    CHINA
    Club:
    Beijing Guoan
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Aloisio will leave, most likely will loan to other Chinese clubs or back to Sao Paolo, the other one will be either Tardelli or Montillo.

19. edlee1992

edlee1992 Member+

Apr 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    China has now officially ruined us. All of our best CB is now playing their league. They took our best Bundesliga starting CB and made him into a lazy, entitled CB. I will now take all your consolidations :cry:

+PL+ repped this.
  20. 52501

52501 New Member

Jul 2, 2016
    Center of Universe
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    I am quite surprised that Sunning will sign another AFA footballer when they can sign someone way better (sunning has already get an AFA player from austrialia), and I dont think its CSL who ruin it, it must because the korean coach of Sunning now want to sign a korean ?

But I dont think you need to worry too much, since the korean coach have lost alot of games recently, and he is likely to be sacked in the near future (Sunning 's boss is not known for his patience).

21. edlee1992

edlee1992 Member+

Apr 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    but our player will still be there. even if the coach gets sacked. will he also leave?

22. 52501

52501 New Member

Jul 2, 2016
    Center of Universe
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Many new coach want to sign new players, like this korean coach sign your player, and release some others, new coach will do the same.

And Sunning has two AFA players, and 3 non-AFA players after the signing, which is a total waste to me, I am sure if the coach is sacked, at least one AFA player will be released as well.

23. olimpialv

olimpialv Member

Jun 13, 2010
    las vegas, nv
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Game 1 predictions:

Shanghai East Asia
    Jeonbuk
    3-3
    [​IMG]
    Al Ain
    Lokomotiv Tashkent
    2-1

FC Seoul
    Shandong Luneng
    1-0
    [​IMG]
    El Jaish SC
    Al-Nasr SC
    3-2

Attached Files:

24. MVP#3

MVP#3 Member

Mar 1, 2012
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United Arab Emirates
    overrated by who this is at least say they were lucky or something like that, nobody expected them to make it this far or even qualify from the AFC CL playoffs, btw kinda agree with your prediction except the 1st game Im going with Shanghai over Jeonbuk

25. Nurafshon

Nurafshon Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Germany
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    Any good online link to watch?