2016-2017 NBA Regular Season Thread

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by os_mutante, Oct 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Lakers will always be a draw but u guys are super shitty atm and have no potential game changers

I know philly arent exacrly san antonio but embiid and saric are top talents

Mind u, i can still see a player choosing u due to the weather and lifestyle in la over philly

2. Haole

Haole Member

Feb 14, 2005
    costa mesa, ca
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yea, it's bad. Philly one team I want to see now. Talent, energy and history. Been awhile for you guys eh?

Tried watching last nite but a typical busted play and goofy mistake by Russell, who gets up laughing - per usual, had me turning away. Another season tubed and they're laughing.

I wont bother you guys with this anymore BUT, Earvin and his Guggenheim buddies completly turned the Dodgers around. Great FO hires (Friedman & Zaidi), new mgr - Doc Roberts (an ACE), and much more. Magic is always at games and studying. Dodgers are a tight, aggressive, smart organization now. I rest my case.

thebigman repped this.
  3. zohee

zohee Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Slovenia
    You know what gives me perspective in these times - when OKC without Durant is just half a game behind the Clippers. And people still believe the problem isn't with Doc Rivers. Talent wise those teams should be 10 games apart.

4. Haole

Haole Member

Feb 14, 2005
    costa mesa, ca
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe it's time for Ballmer to step up his presence? What actually has he done/commented on since he's been in town?

Mystery Man.

5. Haole

Haole Member

Feb 14, 2005
    costa mesa, ca
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Joe Kay got it right. Laker fan.

LaVar Kardashian. BBB?....please. Here's the LA beat.

6. zohee

zohee Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Slovenia
    Ballmer knows as much about basketball as Vivek. Hence why he put Doc in that position and has kept away from commenting or doing anything. And on one part you have to respect him for that - not many owners do that. On the other hand, Doc isn't getting this team any further so at the end you have to make that tough decision.

Either way, this is the most forgettable season in recent memory and we sure haven't lacked those. They're sure as hell tanking to avoid the Warriors, but it's not like they can beat the Spurs.

7. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Sixers beat the cs

I'm happy with our role players for the future

We will be in the playoffs next year if healthy no doubt

JCNapoli17 repped this.
  8. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Replace Sauce with Korkmaz

Trade Okafor

Draft Dennis Smith (in a perfect world where the ping pong balls go the Sixers way... 2 of Fultz, Ball or Monk) and get a front court player in the 2nd round and some NBDL/Eurostash

find a way to get Saric, Simmons, Covington and Embiid out on the floor at the same time

lets go!

thebigman repped this.
  9. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    benni... and MatthausSammer repped this.
  10. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Not sure if he actually is dumb enough to beleive the world is flat

11. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Nah. I think he's screwing around.

thebigman repped this.
  12. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    I like how this thread gets quiet or slow when the Cavs and Warriors aren't playing their best.

We should probably have a thread for them and one for the rest of the league.

13. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yeah the glory boys have gone quiet

14. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Lakers are tanking, which is both depressing and boring for Haole and I. Clippers aren't contending which takes zohee out of it. 76ers have also packed it in, which means thebigman and JCNapoli can't talk about their team. Lots of contributors here are just waiting for the playoffs and the inevitable NBA finals, which I'm pretty sure is Cavs vs Warriors/Spurs.

thebigman repped this.
  15. zohee

zohee Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Slovenia
    #1065 zohee, Mar 25, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
    It's not that the Clippers aren't contending, it's the fact that they're boring. CP and Blake are coasting. The rest of the team is pretty meh. No exciting stories this year.

I feel this is one of the most boring years in the last few years. Besides Westbrook and Harden's MVP race and a story here and there, the rest of the regular season is pretty meh. That Embiid story was good, but it was short. Everyone knows what's going to happen in the playoffs, so might as well just sleep until the Conference Finals.

MatthausSammer repped this.
  16. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    It's sad when NBA headlines are dominated by an amateur player and his dad. Yes.. Wash Balls.

17. zohee

zohee Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Slovenia
    Exactly. I honestly found more interest in watching Luka Doncic tear it up in Real Madrid than any of the rookies (besidse maybe Jokić) in the NBA.

thebigman repped this.
  18. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yeah Euro ball is so different to the NBA

My favourite thing this year is saric and embiid

I really hope the Spurs win it all again this year to send manu off with a bang

19. zohee

zohee Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Slovenia
    Since this is the first game I've watched in a while I have to point this out - Joe Ingles wasn't considered good enough by Doc Rivers to earn a spot on the Clippers. Now he's playing 23 minutes per game for a 4th seed Utah Jazz.

I'm not even going to start on the attitude of this team. They've said they won't get anymore stupid technicals for the rest of the season. 3rd quarter, 3 techicals.

20. zohee

zohee Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Slovenia
    Also when Pierce fell to the ground, I thought he wasn't getting up without help. Dude can barely move anymore.

21. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After one half Spurs are about 80% to full rodeo clown show on the Cavs. When does Cleveland start to panic about their defense?

22. jabraria@hotmail.com

Feb 24, 2000
    USA
  23. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    So u finally admit your lebron cheif testicle shiner?

Cavs have messed up this year god knows what is going on there

benni... and os_mutante repped this.
  24. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    benni... and dark knight repped this.
  25. Haole

Haole Member

Feb 14, 2005
    costa mesa, ca
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For real.

In other news, Ingram is now 6'11. So say Mychal T.

Last time Clips & Lakers went at it the local Clip network was dogging Laker fans about CP3 sitting out the 4th qtr. with his kid on the bench with him. No calls. No one cares anymore.

All we get is P.George stories and Fultz or Ball scenarios. Watch we screw the lottery tank and miss for next two years on a top pick.

I still see upside in Ball (who is now 6'7") and too much of a Mudiaye in Fultz. Otherwise, some smart guys saying Dennis Smith is the best fit.