News: 2016-2017 Honors

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by CometsFan, Apr 3, 2017.

1. CometsFan

CometsFan Member

Nov 15, 2010
    The first set of awards have been announced, including referees, rookies and All-MASL Honorable Mention

Click here: http://bit.ly/2nwtaXh

Feel free to weigh in here!

2. Scott717257

Scott717257 Member

Nov 28, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    Donatelli only making honorable mention is puzzling to me.

3. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not it you look at the stat sheets it would not be

4. Kit

Kit Member+

Aug 30, 1999
    Herkimer, NY, USA
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's interesting that Ryan Cigich, the MASL referee coordinator, makes the 1st team Referee of the Year Award.

5. CometsFan

CometsFan Member

Nov 15, 2010
  6. Midwest Ref

Midwest Ref Member

Jul 25, 2002
    The award is voted on by the teams and by the officials. Please don't suggest that there is anything inappropriate here.

7. Venerable

Venerable Member

Jun 26, 2016
    We boo the refs when a call, play, or non-call goes against our favorite team. That's just natural. It's the nature of the beast.
    I have probably shouted at Shane Butler more than other refs. Maybe just the way his schedule falls, I don't know. I do know there were a couple of instances at our arena where a fan or two has run down and cursed the refs. That's going way too far. That hurts fan support and is nothing but abussive.
    So, I have to say overall the refs are doing a really good job - Shane Butler included. ✌ I would never be rude before or after a game either. That's just stupid.
    Next season if you see the refs talk to them (other than during play). I've never had a single one not be friendly and converse a little.

SteveCo repped this.
  8. the shelts

the shelts Member+

Jun 30, 2005
    Providence RI
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    I was wondering who/how they came up with the names. Not that I dug around to find out but thanks for the information.

9. Scott717257

Scott717257 Member

Nov 28, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    Lewis, I am guessing you miss-read my comment but incase you did not...

Donatelli was #1 in asst, #6 in goals and #2 in points in the league. How does he not make 1st or 2nd team? How is a guy with those stats only make honorable mention?

10. Kit

Kit Member+

Aug 30, 1999
    Herkimer, NY, USA
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am not suggesting anything other then shouldn't the MASL Director of Officials be one of the best officials in the game.

11. Scott717257

Scott717257 Member

Nov 28, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    Correction on my post, Donatelli had those numbers in the Eastern Conference, not league wide.

12. Scooge

Scooge Member+

Jun 20, 2007
    Big Sky Country
    Club:
    Portland MLS
  13. Scott717257

Scott717257 Member

Nov 28, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    At what point does the league look at how many games a player has played compared to another? Questionable call giving Toth the nod above Vanzela. Toth certainly had a good regular season, however it was over only 11 games and missed games against Sonora, Tacoma and others that probably lower his statistics overall a bit if he had played.

SteveCo and Scooge repped this.
  14. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because he is in the Eastern Division thats why. All year the eastern division got screwed over for players making team of the week. Vanzella recorded a shutout and did not make team of the week. LOL

15. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think it should be a mandatory 75% of your team's games for a Veteran or a goalkeeper 60% of the games for Rookie of the year candidate.

16. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    Was Donatelli also playing for Milwaukee under the name Max Ferdinand when this happened?

cardshopmd repped this.