2016/2017 Bundesliga Thread: Hinrunde

Discussion in 'Borussia Moenchengladbach' started by kgilbert78, Aug 18, 2016.

1. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  2. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #177 HANS-GUNTER BRUNS, Nov 4, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
    330354c6caf1aabba375df81b460985b.jpg
    Just watching the game..not even thru half time and 2-0 down and reduced to 10 men with a referee that seems a bit if not a whole lot in favour of Berlin cause his riding our ass pretty hard!!!!!!

3. Borussia1900MG

Jul 16, 2014
    Sligo
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Two gifts from Elvedi, and a daft Kramer sums up a below par performance.

4. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So far so good. Dominating performance in the Rhein-Derby, I hope the lads come concentrated out of the locker room. It's not over yet.

5. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    We created a good enough storm in the first half.But we should have added more goals while we where creating that storm and winning all our 1 on 1's and our Mid Field was firing on all cylinders...i have noticed we are not a team that can defend a one goal lead anymore...and we drop quality significantly.
    That Hammer by Rise...WOOOOOOOOOOHHHHH...it first nose dived to the right then bowed out and away to the left...sommer was absolutly destroyed he even got a few fingers on the ball..but that kind of ball is something only Bonhof used to score week in and week out...am sure Rise knows he was more lucky than anything else and he is nowhere near that kind of footballing quality...no goalie in the world most likely could have saved this.
    And modest scoring off a reflection by vestergaard's head..oh well home field record gone as well...and the drop continues ..even after a much needed NATIONAL VIRUS of 2 weeks and a well rested team.:confused::speechless::speechless::speechless::(:thumbsdown::mad:

6. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    [​IMG]

panicfc repped this.
  7. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    +1

8. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had to work today. Left and it was 1-0, phone buzzed... 1-1... then thinking, well I'll take a point... freak! I can't work when we are on tv.

9. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Scheherazade repped this.
  10. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, that's usually a bad sign.

11. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #186 HANS-GUNTER BRUNS, Nov 21, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2016
    In other words ..i ( MAX E ) have reached my limit's or close to that area ( and since the new world order demands this from us all humans to be politically correct at all times..as club director i have only one duty in front of camera's & the press..and thats to support my coach 100%. and wear that fake smile..and for now am stuck with my head coach..but I've issued an APB for a new head coach already)
    CL realistically is out of the window.A EL spot will be good for honour and club colors and lets face it some extra millions that come along with it ( but will be extra load we no longer need considereing our league form)...but our bread and butter past few years has been the CL bonus money....so pretty soon it will be impossible to climb that Buli table..which am sure right now is all that Max Eberl is thinking of and whether or not realistically we can finish among the top 4 clubs???of course we are still somewhat at safe distance from the panic button...but looking at the squad and the mysterious disease thats been taking over...am not sure if the signs and symptoms have been ID'd or can be anytime soon...i expect us to struggle heavily till winter pause..if so Schubert is good as gone...but there is something with the players that worries me the most??Schubert getting fired is just the typical remedy administered by the club to shut up the fans...this time its more on the players if not all of it...not scoring clear cut situations inside the box..not our poor coach..i don't buy it anymore blaming it all on injuries and the load on the team ...winning back to back games is one thing and performing below min and sudddenly letting all wheels fall off regularly is a whole other story...but whats missing from the quality of play btw our players is a much bigger beast...they just seem kinda like whatever ...:mad::mad::mad::devilish::mad::mad::mad:

12. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Favorite club? a German one..........
    Apr 14, 2010
    in exile-Statute of Limitations yet to expire
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Distilled for Truth. It's on all of them. What disturbs me most is how little of it falls at Eberl's feet. He's been a colossal failure-and everything else flows from that reality. Spent more time chasing the Dane's tail than fortifying the club. Knew he had so many broken players and foresight demanded change, didn't do enough. Content with mediocrity on the world stage, settled for a dead-cat bounce caretaker instead of somebody who could forge a new identity for the challenges ahead .

You get what you pay for. What Max is willing to pay for won't keep him afloat. Shame. I thought he was the one ray of competency they had............

13. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I basically think the problem here is simple. This is a tired team. Bayern, for example, has world class players that haven't played much. Mueller for one. Because they can afford it. And that's how you stay in CL contention year after year. You essentially have enough players for two full, good teams. We can't do that. Add to that some injuries and a fair amount of national team callups (Johnson having to cross the pond regularly for one), and this team is tired. I'd wait and see how we look after the break--which cannot come too soon.

panicfc repped this.
  14. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Bunch'a spineless jokers.How many time during a 90 min game would u get clear cut chances in the box??Hah??...lead by Fabian J...has gone from bad to worse...earn your money for a change boy or go back to America:confused::mad:U can't score a 1 on 1's in the box???really!!!!! He looks like a turtle recently..head deep inside his truck and sleeves grabbed by his fingers ( like teenage girls) slow and uninspired.Typical Alibi player:speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless:
    Not to mention Stindle,Hazard Wendt and a few others had enough chances ...to win this 3-1 .You gotto feel for Schubert:whistling::thumbsdown:o_O

15. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  16. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #191 HANS-GUNTER BRUNS, Dec 3, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
    Beginning of the end my friends best xmas present ever ....its coming earlier than expected by boxing day i think we would be pummelled into a pulp .A season that promised lots of great moments with a squad that seemed ready to take up the challenge in style and even push to higher places both domestic and internationally is sinking worse than the Doria & Titanic combined .
    Oh well as an old timer at least i can sit back and take comfort in whats it been like being a Borusse and this kind of feelings is part of being a citizen of the Black Green and White!
    Last but not least, i don't put the blame on Schubert that much...the boys just seem out of sorts flat and uninspired and perhaps ready to pack and leave for other destinations.I just hope Max gets his head out of his ass and instead of putting so much effort in securing the # 3 dane ...notices how obvious we are lacking quality in so many other areas.The injuries did also hurt us very much...but coulda shoulda woulda....the gap is too huge to fill and i don't see us anywhere close to the single digit buli table ranks..unless we start winning back to back games week in and week out..which is less likely than seeing flying pigs in the air:confused::(:confused::(:confused::(
    And is it only me here?? Are we not much stable in the back line and even midfield when Vestergaard is in the mix???
    We where out classed and schooled..like elementary kids!

LuckyStriker repped this.
  17. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  18. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Watched all the highlights from this week...something i rarely do and one thing really stood out.Pretty much every team is on fire and out of minimal scoring opportunities their offensive players score goals.And i mean minimal scoring opportunities nothing more nothing less...we have been somewhat jinxed cause looking back at the past 7-8 weeks each and every game we have had at least half dozen scoring opportunities in our opponents box...yet we have managed to gracefully not even guide it towards the keeper/goal posts!!!!!! Whats with that?? Is it a skill-set issue or the drive is lost or altogether the team just can't be bothered? The only shining point has been Raffa and his clean cut breaks and ball retention...poor guy even helps with defensive formations.
    And then there is the never ending story of Herrmann and Ibo...combined with the new version of Fabian Johnson which looks like an old turtle these days holding tight to the edge of his base layer sleeves ....I don't buy this self confidence crap and how it has vanished...these guys are Pro footballers.Also hate to think Schubert shell-life has ran its course and soon we will call 'Arie Van Lent " to guide us into battle...even tho he used to be a full on complete player.
    Is todays game our make or break point of the season ??? We desperately need all 3 points...a loss most likely will not danger Schuberts position up to winter pause but there's not many good coaches out there when i think about??
    Our youngsters and new signings also have not been used whatsoever? Will Josip Drmic be our surprise package...while Herrmann and Ibo continue to enjoy the rehab center?? It was a terrible idea watching these highlights and how inform all other Buli teams look at the moment even Mr.Plastic with Gomez despite their heavy loss looked better than us...and finally Mr.Max Eberl...king of his little castle..not sure whats going on in his mind and the master class he has assembled.Most likely no players will be coming to Borussia Park during winter break.
    o_O:whistling::unsure::(:oops::rolleyes::laugh::p:alien::notworthy::ROFLMAO::sick::speechless::confused::cool::eek:

19. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    EASY WIN !!!!!
    :)

P to the Wee repped this.
  20. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Christensen has been an inportant defensive presence so far in the first half, stopping Mainz's Onisiwo cleanly on two big chances.

21. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Not too bad either from Christensen on the offensive side. ;)

22. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #197 HANS-GUNTER BRUNS, Dec 11, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
    Am i complaining "NOPE" ! In a game we really truly immensely needed to win we just managed to do so...against a team that tactically was superior and was comfortably controlling us.Once again we displayed sloppy passing...limited tackling..no hard nose fighting..and we just could not create quality pressure at all...and we had no plan B ( shocker)...and once again the opponents seemed to like have 2 extra players on the pitch.Again we were the team chasing the ball around...looking tired and uninspired.....and one of our older players in attack had to track back during the entire game..Raffa really carried us thru...its amazing what superior class can bring to the table and a team which raises another question what would it have been like for Gladbach we had a few of them on this team ( Kramer also has failed miserably and hasn't delivered what we had all imagined & hoped for )...and of course his possession game...but sadly the rest of the team had no answer to MAINZ.To me at the moment they look like a complete mess and the play like its end season and they have battled out a very long one and just wanna secure a top spot in the table...reality tho is far from that...we are not even into winter break and sitting at the lower ends of the Buli Table:speechless::sick:

And truth be told Mainz got "ROBBED" tonight.A round of applause is in order for lady luck, she decided to be on our side tonight...that was a clean cut goal scored by 05 and the referee's once again managed to perfectly ruin another teams fortunes.This was like winning the lottery for Eberl Schubert and Co.

As for Christensen i like him he plays safe and has discipline but i only like his style when someone like Vestergaard is playing next to him.He can't break out or deliver long balls and be effective in ball distribution to the center and flanks...i think Eberl is a bit obsessed with the guy.And for the price tag he is wearing...am sorry i don't think its a good deal for BMG.
    Was also great to see Josip game ready...i have a feeling he wants to prove himself this time around to Gladbach and the fans..and his timing could have not been more perfect..during these troubled times struggling down the table with a team that really looks low on character and any sort of answer to the huge challenges waiting ahead of it.

:whistling::eek::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::cautious::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling:

23. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Only happens once in a blue moon sadly! if he wants to be the rare breed of the long gone "sweepers" this boy needs to get in there and really mix it up.I pref Vestergaard over him :devilish::alien::devilish:

24. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    we looked bad.

Kramer - oh man, he's a pile of poo right now.

Bad call gets us the points, I'll take it, as I think bad calls cost us a few earlier.

HANS-GUNTER BRUNS and LuckyStriker repped this.
  25. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think Schubert will be on his way out soon...but honestly the boys are also gone soft and too gutless...and we all know btwn the players and coach who gets his marching orders.
    Tonight was some kind of luck and miracle that happened to us...but your right we did deserve this break :)

For some reason i have a good gut feeling about Josip getting back on the saddle....would be interesting to see how much he is willing to push and what kind of load he can handle.I have a feeling his back to prove something!