2016/2017 Bundesliga Thread: Hinrunde

Discussion in 'Borussia Moenchengladbach' started by kgilbert78, Aug 18, 2016.

1. dips82

dips82 Member+

Oct 11, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The obsession about Christiansen needs to stop for the betterment of Gladbach...Vestergaard at this moment is much experienced and reliable defender than him...he should be Gladbach's #1 CB

2. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Lets just say i didn't wanna open that can of worms.I like #3 and he has developed a lot....but he is not the kind to orchestrate the team in build game/schemes..and thats what seperates a CB from the rest to be world class...for his age he is great and he plays safe...but it stops there am still waiting to see him penetrate and move more up and down the field..i don't think he has that or ever will... he started shining for Gladbach during our crisis under far and our transition to Schubert gave him momentum and no other really was there to compete nor fill that spot like him.But i like Westergaard much better just a gut feeling and the swagger he brings to the line and gets in your face and how he gets involved in attack and midfield...he has that attitude you need for a CB to carry the load..not only defensively but offensively as well ....also the price Eberl is willing to pay for Christensen seems way too much for the quality he offers ...unless very soon Christensen transforms into a CB that can really guide the fleet in and out of storms...and he is far from that imo.I would like to see him a bit further out in D midfield perhaps in front of a solid strong CB and see what he can do??? Vestergaard has the attitude to be like the sweeper of the old days...sort of a linchpin.
    His look was devastating on the bench..almost like a kid ...upset shy and embarrassed covering his face in his sweat jacket next to Steffes.
    Of course that weird PK gave away the entire game...then S04 rode on the back of the stadium and his fans and once again we acted like a 2nd tier outfit...3 goals in 6 min.
    I would have pulled out Mo for Korb kept Vesterggard in...and most likely it would have ended 0-0.I thought we did pretty well in the first half and we had the game under control.
    :confused:

3. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  4. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    borderland, Maas drainage basin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    yes!

Schubert wanted more than a 0-0, he wanted to take a risk and that's why he chose otherwise:
    http://www.borussia.de/english/team...=18964&cHash=d00a688e290fed1f61981ecdf8fc9274
    the attitude is fine to me but the overall balance is the most important (and the most difficult) thing
    in the moment the offense seemed to come into bloom the defense got exposed and then it can go both ways..
    I certainly wouldn't have started with that line up and would have continued with Vestergaard but all Schubert says sounds true or at least plausible to me... very interesting to see what's happening the next away matches

5. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Perhaps I am reading too much into this, but when asked about the reasons for yet another away defeat, Schubert immediately starts to redirect blame on the referee for giving Schalke04 an imo fair penalty call. This looks to me like his nerves are a bit on edge on this particular topic.

What is the core issue for BMG's weakness away from home?

6. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well truth be told we played football and they took the result.Actually the first half was impressing..we looked smooth and solid and with a plan and just waited for the right moment to outfox them...and then we all saw how the wheels came off:speechless::speechless: Schubert should understand being aggressive is great..but only if you are very very confident with whats the missing piece to compliment that confidence to the max...and STINDL was not the answer...specially when u had a BEAST in Vestergaard dominating in the D and also driving forward to score goals...and his long balls are great and physical presence...something christensen so far has not shown..am not blaming # 3 ..but if Vestergaard gets more playing time and if he has more to show ( which i think he has) i like him better for the CB position because his a defensive player with offensive appetite and quality...thats what GREAT teams have in their D-Line..like those old school sweepers.Anyways we are sitting mid table with a truck loads of other teams with 10 points...for me i would have been happy with a draw and kept things in that direction.Seems like now that we have more talent and depth Schubert can't take the heat and find proper integration...its a process and we can't totally blame him either.But at this point when u have come such long way...some mistakes should not repeat over and over again.
    :mad::confused::whistling::speechless::thumbsdown:

7. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well the PK seemed a bit Vanilla to me..but its part of the game..one thing tho is for certain..in todays football a PK can go a very very long way...prime example how Pique got special treatment when FCB came to Borussia Park..am most certain if we had been awarded the kick and gone into the catacombs 2-0...things would have been different.
    I don't think its about away vs at home..maybe its just plain coincidence..i think the root is consistency we play normally one great game and then blow everything away in the next one..it just so happens the rhythm has started at home...so we have been normally winning at home and immediately losing the next one..which is obviously away..then you have those off draws that could happen anywhere...i agree we have 50+ supporters at home pushing us...but we also have many fans that travel with the team.
    At this point this away form has turned into an issue...an issue that i don't think its as complicated as most do...as i said except a few spells under favre and then the 5 wins when Schubert took over...we have just lacked winning streaks ...plain and simple..we simply can't put a series together.Its more obvious now b/c its Schuberts send season with a lot of talent..my biggest question is why is he still sticking to the same players and same substitution patterns?? Why are we not mixing it up with so many other players/talent we have...thats my question not so much the away form...i have said this thru the years...and the fact that we simply can't get back to back results and engineer series that can leave major impact in the table....it could have been all wins at away games and draws and losses at home...we own the rights to this Yo Yo style of game....Schubert shouldn't blame it all on the PK by Ibo tho...but that PK as well as the Barcelona game...suddenly sank the ship..we are great like that..and those flood gates that open each and every time we conceive goals...i don't think any other Buli team has our meltdown record...we have done it many times..2-3 goals in less than 7-8 min.He must somehow be going mad...but is it all on Schubert???
    Am the kind of guy ( and even as a player back in the day) that put a lot on the shoulder of the players as well..he can do all the coaching in the world 24/7..but the game is played by the players...and to me its more on the MENTAL mind set of our players than Schubert's coaching / tactics...we are a bit to soft and can't keep it together..plain and simple...most new players are like that...but in BMG there is an influx...ist all about WHO WANTS IT MORE..and most times ..we just suddenly melt like cheap ice cream in the middle of winter:speechless::mad::speechless:

8. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  9. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #159 HANS-GUNTER BRUNS, Oct 15, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2016
    70 Plus minutes and 2 PK's awarded to collect 3 points at home against a 1 man down struggling HSV !
    Even more strange & a rare occasion am extremly happy we didn't lose this one and hand over everything in a silver plater :confused::(:speechless::speechless::speechless:

Next stop AA....ill let you fill in the blanks nuff said:whistling:
    This team is toothless like a 5 months old babe without Raffa.We still owe Favre BIG TIME..for convincing Eberl to purchase him.Not that it matters at this point but Hazard's absence just exposes us that much more and our lack of scoring skills:ROFLMAO::cautious:o_O:rolleyes::(

10. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Talk about fatigue and massively tired and uninspired !!!! And it was obvious from the very 1st min...i saw their body language and that was it.Of course with some luck Fabian should have scored that early deep ball..and we could have perhaps somehow controlled this game better but...:speechless::speechless:
    These guys poured everything into the Glasgow game...talk about being FLAT.Seems like they are just acting and pretending like they are playing.Have zero gallons in the fuel tank.Our injuries finally did take a tool on us if not in the CL but here in the Buli.Cant blame the boys they delivered a very high intenisyt machine-like performance on Wednesday so its no shame to play like this in AA.I just hope the goals don't pile up...because they are just chasing the ball on half an engine...this can easily turn into a 4/5-0 in Hollywoods favore ...we haven't even been able to use our new signings yet this season.Before the season seemed like we are pretty beefed up depth wise...but we are seeing our shortcomings clearly now.VFB game will be no easy task either.Only person that can do some running and fight so far has been HAHN...but this is not tennis and needs 11 fresh players:mad::(:confused:

11. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bayern's second team could probably win the BL. You almost need two whole teams of good quality to win in both the CL and BL. We've come a long way--but with the injuries etc., we're just not on Bayern's level. Playing in the CL is good and brings in money, but our roster is not quite deep enough to handle that. We'd need another 4-5 players at the proper level for that.

LuckyStriker repped this.
  12. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    This game could not have come in a worse time for us.The boys are tired and as u said we aint got that kind of depth.But looking back at the whole picture we have come a very long way and you got to praise them all.And the money from CL will certainly give us much needed help and perhaps give us a constant stability to compete at high level.We certainly are holding our own much better in the 2nd half.Might have been even 2-1 right now.
    :thumbsup:

13. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I like Vestergaard much better in our D Line tho...thats how i feel and he can get very good and effective.Maybe its time to push Christensen further up the field and see what he can do as a distributor and Defensive MF??o_O:ninja::whistling::cautious:

14. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Notice how Schubi already did that with Johnson? He was essentially an attacker today.

15. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yes.But somehow Fabian has lost a bit of his intensity..seems a bit physically out of sorts no???. Herrmann is not 100% fit for games yet and his a shadow of his past at the moment.I think his speed could have been better of an asset today..but must have been not game ready to pull such a load at the moment.We are not also a team to park the buss...perhaps we should have played dirty a bit today and just gone for a draw and only rely on some counters.All in all this defeat even tho it was against hollywood didn't hurt that much....which normally drives me crazy.After that flawless game away to Glasgow...ive got nothing to complain.And i had a feeling the boys could not handle Hollywood how we have managed to in the past couple of seasons.
    If we somehow make it thru our CL group stage ( which seems possible)...do you know how much $$$$ will come flying in??? Even EL qualification will bring a big chunk:sneaky:
    As much as the Buli table is our target but those bonus cheques from UEFA can keep us investing in our squad which nobody can complain...even tho we don't want that on the expense of not finishing in the top 4.Hertha is on fire so is the Goat Herders...this season may not be one that Hollywood would cruise thru it as always and thats a fresh breath of air...but its still too early to assume the likes of the above mentioned teams can keep up with BVB & Hollywood.Ive also liked Jonas in the past two games as well as N.Schulz..those guys can give us much needed help.
    As always Dominguez topic surfaces...what a blow that has been.I really liked the guy and his quality of play.
    I really hope Vestergaard does not get promoted back on the bench once # 3 is back.The guy really gives us much need air security plus he contributes a lot to attack and midfield:ninja::alien::devilish:

16. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not expecting Dominguez back. No knowledge--just a feeling.

LuckyStriker repped this.
  17. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Same here :(

18. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    What do ya know??? That Austrian bizzaro abomination of a Buli team is the new Hollywood Hunter..and the Goat Herders are an arm and a leg ahead of us in the table...even tho its too early into the season...it may turn into a very interesting one indeed...RBL reminds me of Hoffenheim and its emergence ..but with more cash to nourish its needs..but i just can't see them turning into a solid club...unless they decide to insanely spend money like Real and Barca and the fruit cake-like EPL...and lets face it the last thing we need in the Buli is another plastic club ...specially one that is an undercover Austrian team!!!

19. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So thats that....another 2 points lost and at home not to mention.Seems like we are losing the home field magik as well:confused::mad:
    They never gave us a chance to build our rhythm and dictate our game-plan and did a fine job of controlling us all thru the 90.We seemed too frustrated and rushed...our passing game was nowhere to be found and at points if we tried it was woful and full of mistakes..no precision and patience.
    Only clear chance came thru oscar wendt...top players would have killed that shot instead of sending it straight in the middle oscar should have kept the ball on the ground...i guess thats why the likes of Ronaldo and Messi make so many millions per year eh???
    Anyway next up is Glasgow..not sure if we will see the same deadly BMG that showed up against them in Scotland...we also look tired and a bit out of it and you can't blame the lads either its too much of a load for us and the sudden injuries to key players are effecting us more and more each game....cant see Raffa and Hazard game ready either..Ibo seems out as well.
    We need some miracle and luck combined to handle the storm thats blowing our and secure our place both in the Buli and in the CL...or we can all join up and sing "Dust in the Wind":ROFLMAO::eek::whistling::speechless::thumbsdown::sick::(

20. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Oh wow that was really bad. We need a break asap

21. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not getting one this side of January....

22. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Exactly my thought....if anything it will just get worse due to the fact that the load will only grow and we still got a long ways till winter pause...plus there is always a chance of losing more players to injuries etc.Would be interesting to see if any of the new younger players & signings can step up and get utilized in the mix?
    :whistling::unsure::thumbsdown:

23. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The next international break in novembre will help a bit though.

24. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    For now my heart is beating in my mouth over Celtic coming to town soon...lets hope the boys can deliver another masterclass FOHLEN STYLE! :D:devilish::devilish::D

Little I've seen from N Schulz seems promising tho...i like to see more of him:alien::ninja:;)

25. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A number of our players will be active. I'm sure Johnson will be here in Columbus on the 11th (and no, I'm not going, as you have to have a mobile device to get in).