2016/20 Takashi Usami @ FC Augsburg (GER)

Discussion in 'Japanese Abroad' started by Majster2, Jun 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    Who do you think Usami Should replace? Koo and Ji are a no no, especially Ji is in great form right now.

2. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    At this moment I guess we all just want him to be on the ********ing bench.

3. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    Well, the fact that he doesn't even make the bench is very worrisome.

seolseol repped this.
  4. Interiores

Interiores Member

East Tokyo United
    Japan
    Jun 3, 2016
    Japan
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I presume it is more than he couldn't integrated to the team tactically than anything else. The talent is there, but Maybe his playing is just too........... well, one dimensional. Korean, hard to admit, is generally more dynamic tactically.

5. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I really thought he would succeed this time. It is not over but it's worrying.

6. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Not even on the bench in the fkcing cup...

7. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    LOL.
    Takashi 'Kiyotakesque" Usami is back!

8. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Still injured, I think.

Samurai Warrior repped this.
  9. NaohiroTakahara

NaohiroTakahara Member+

Nov 12, 2013
    He is back in normal training I think.

Samurai Warrior and seolseol repped this.
  10. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    He is on the bench today against Bayern.

seolseol and datschge repped this.
  11. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Some years ago he was on the bench of the other side.

12. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Usami is on the bench against Ingolstadt. Baby steps..

takeuchi repped this.
  13. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
  14. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    not surprising. Hopefully he trains professionally, thus earning his chance.

15. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    They should have done their homework better. They bought Takashi Usami, with his qualities and his flaws. Asking him to dead lift 300 pounds before making the squad is stupid. He was probably even more lightweight at Hoffenheim, yet he was doing that :

though he's probably regressed in terms of dribbling and velocity since then (I love this video too much).

16. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Saku, not to be that guy, but that Usami went back to Gamba after that season. There were several moments of absolute brilliance but that highlight video doesn't include all the matches where he didn't left a mark, and he scored just a couple of goals.
    Yes, I know you tend to place the blam on that Hoffenheim squad but this is his third move and he still struggles for game time.
    I think it's fair that the club asks him to build up, not to lift 300 pounds. Even Vahid contested his physical preparation.
    He's still 24 and Augsburg paid quite some money. I think there is not much to say until this season is over to understand deserves some blame here

17. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    I'll never compromise with this, and I'm probably the toughest critic of Japanese players in Europe on this forum, he was clearly mistreated at Hoffenheim and they ended up having a terrible season for their efforts. What he does in that video, Kagawa dreams about it at night.
    I'll never forget how he got subbed out at halftime against Bayern when he put Lahm in his pocket a few times, what more can you ask from him ? especially with such awful teammates around (at that time).

He had a physical, he took his shirt off, they still went on with the signing. So if they want to waste their money, that's on them.

Drew1404 repped this.
  18. mushu21

mushu21 Member

May 18, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Talking about Hoffenheim, one of Usami's teammates at that time, Firmino, is doing incredible well in Liverpool. I read some statics and he is among the most hard workers in Kloop side, average 11.2 km per game.
    Maybe that's what Ausburg wants when they told Usami to build up. He and Firmino have somewhat similar playing style.

19. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Maybe the wrong contest?
    Maybe it's Bundesliga where Usami doesn't fit.

20. NaohiroTakahara

NaohiroTakahara Member+

Nov 12, 2013
    You can talk what you want but this is not Usamis fault doenst matter how bad he is in traing ( so bad he cant be by the way). The coach was genius at Darmstadt,true but horrible at Augsburg cause you can see he has no plan B or C. Of course Augsburg won yesterday but they playing a desastrouse season. Usami is a good player and often you have to give them some credit with a starting spot or subbed in him to show him some respect....then his self confidence grows and better training and playing performences. Sometimes its not that hard...this is all the magic by a bunch of players and dont come with the spech of " he is a professional he need to deliever in every situation"...thats bullshit some players are a little more "soft" then others and thats no shame,thats human.

Schuster has no idea what a great player he has there and its a shame Augsburg, especially the midlefield plays sooooooo bad and he doenst get a chance.
    Usami is by far the best player there beside Koo.

21. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He finally played, for the last 15 minutes of a 0-0 draw at Köln. Not too eventful, but notably showed a good deal of toughness on the ball, making several well-timed tackles to initiate counterattacks. Maybe the light at the end of the tunnel is approaching...

datschge, seolseol and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  22. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    Hopefully, we need some players who are individualistic in their plays other than Haraguchi,etc.

23. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Schuster says that Usami has improved and showed in training, as well as in his cameo against Köln, that he is a legitimate option for the squad.

24. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    coach fired

25. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Probably cuz of what he said about Usami :(

Drew1404, Dax and Samurai Warrior repped this.