2016/17 Transfer Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Sporting CP' started by CDPontaDelgada, Apr 1, 2016.

1. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    That's my story and I'm sticking by it. ;)

2. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So you folks think a big squad overhaul is likely this summer? Not sure what the rumors are currently but it would seem like a few major players could leave after such a disappointing season.

Did see a rumor that JJ wants Coentrao, which seemed intriguing but still don't buy it.

3. AlexJones19

AlexJones19 Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Personally I don't think we need a massive overhaul. We need t get rid of a few players Zeegelar, Jefferson, B Ruiz and sign a new left back and right back.

However I honestly believe the way forward is to promote from within. Don't go around splashing the cash when we've got the likes of Medeiros, Podence, Geraldes and Matheus all looking to hold down more regular places in the team

OndaVerde repped this.
  4. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Adrien and William are as good as gone. Massive holes to fill. As long as we keep Gelson I'm good. Oh yea, and sack JJ.

5. AlexJones19

AlexJones19 Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    We've signed a full back!!!

Cristiano Piccini, a right Back, from real bétis who I don't know too much about other than he's good going forward

natenate101 repped this.
  6. cro.sporting.cp

Jan 25, 2010
    Zadar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
  7. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Good stuff. Been needing a CAM since Mario left. Mattheus is cheap and plays that role well. He looks to play relatively deeper in the midfield.

Piccini is a big dude for a full back, but looks to be a solid depth addition at RB.

8. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great. The less we see of Schelotto the better. Can't say I remember this guy from watching Madrid matches vs Betis but maybe since he is a defender that's a good thing.

9. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Schelotto was doing way better toward the end of the season. But yea, he still sucks. We need LBs. I want Zeegalaar as far away from this team as possible.

10. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Hey guys, disappeared for a bit (like most I pretty much checked out this season) but since we're already signing players lets get back into it.

First of all, I think the fact we're actively signing players means JJ will stay one more season.

Secondly, I love that we're already signing players, particularly players already in Portugal.

So 3 signings so far:

CB (Andre Pinto, Braga) - has Primeira Liga experience, was one of Braga's best until he was cast aside due to contract negotiations falling apart, good CB option, should mean Douglas is gone
    RB (Cristiano Piccini, Betis) - honestly can't say I know much of him, comes with a 3M euro price tag. From what I've read he's great going forward but questionable defending, kind of like Schelotto, but he seems to be more unpredictable and dangerous offensively, whereas Schelotto usually just runs straight down field and crosses. Likely means Esgaio is gone.
    MF (Mattheus, Estoril) - 22 year old attacking midfielder (son of former Brazil striker Bebeto), also familiar with our Liga (rumours that Benfica were interested), I see him battling for Alan Ruiz's spot behind the striker. This could mean Bryan Ruiz is leaving. However I've also seen Mattheus play deeper - JJ may decide to have him fighting for Adrien's spot.

What we still need:

LB - The biggest rumour is Fabio Coentrão, if he can stay injury free he would obviously be a massive upgrade, but his salary would be a stumbling block. Assuming both Zeegelaar and Jefferson leave, Jonathan Silva can be the alternative (currently on loan to Boca Juniors, still young with potential)
    ST - Bas Dost needs a good alternative. And to be honest, I don't think he'll have another season like this one. If a big offer came for him we might sell. Castaignos is gone
    DM - I think William's time at SCP is over - it would be best for everyone involved to sell him and get some good money back. In his place we could get a really good DM who has stamina, strength and can totally and dependably cover the defense, allowing Adrien(?) the freedom to press higher and spread the play.

11. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Benfica trying to hijack the Coentrao deal. Just the 100th time they've tried to hijack us (Cervi, Mitroglou). If BDC let's this happen...

12. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    They got money.

13. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    You really dont think that Coentrao (HUGE Benfica fan) would not approach Benfica before making any decision about another team in Portugal do you ?

14. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    So he can sit behind Grimaldo and Eliseu? He'd be a bonafide starter on SCP.

What reason would he have to approach Benfica about anything? Don't the agents and clubs handle that? What does him allegedly being a "Benfica Fan" (not sure where you came up with that assumption) have to do with his career?

15. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    What does his being a huge Benfica fan have to do with his career ? LOL He only tried a couple of times to get loaned back to Benfica. Only did not happen because of his wages.

He would not approach himself, he would instruct the agent, of course . I did not imply that he would do the work that his agent is well paid to do.

He would not play behind Eliseu, not to mention, we dont know who will even be on Benfica next year. We sell players every year.

Having said all that, I did not say that he will sign for Benfica. Im just giving you reasons why Benfica are now talking to him. You automatically think we chase all your players, Im saying that in this case it could and more than likely was initiated by the players instructions.

16. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly. This rumor doesn't make much sense.

17. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I had no idea that you were so tight wit Coeantrao and knew all this insider information. He "tried" to get loaned to SLB, LOL. His wages? You mean he wasn't willing to take a pay-cut to go back to his almighty club of infatuation? Please dude, stop reaching. If anything, he would prefer to go to the coach that jump-started his career before it went to shit.

I know you and your Lampiao buddies are high and mighty on your corrupt club, but let's keep in mind that not everyone is dying to go back and very rarely do athletes move clubs because they might be fans growing up. SCP gives him the opportunity for more playing time under a coach he is familiar with.

Yes, I automatically think that Benfica chases our players because that's what they do. I've already provided a couple of examples. They're also pathetic enough to pay Carrillo ridiculous wages to sit the bench just to stick one to us.

"it and more than likely was initiated by the player's instructions". LMAO. SMH.

18. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    #818 eurodad, May 18, 2017
    Last edited: May 18, 2017
    So many angles I could approach your response but Im not even going to bother.

19. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    You shouldn't bother. In fact, not sure why you bother so much in this forum, Mr. Coentrao's Agent.

20. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    Not saying that it didn't happen, but I never heard anything about it.

I see it like that too, especially when it came to Eusebio. Stolen from Sporting.

21. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    We're being linked to 23 year old PSV's dutch midfielder Adam Maher (in case Adrien leaves)

Also being linked to promising 20 year old Argentinian midfielder Emanuel Cecchini from Banfield in Argentina

22. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Iuri Medeiros with 8 goals and 8 assists against Benfica. Sell Gelson if we can. Iuri is the ********ing real deal.

23. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    ^^ he deserves a chance to prove himself with us for sure, all he needs is to be consistent for us.

24. OndaVerde

OndaVerde Member+

Sporting
    Portugal
    Feb 18, 2016
    Eu vou lá estar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Do you guys think Iuri can play up front with Dost? Boavista played him up in a RF role a bit in the middle of the season and I believe he had like 2 goals and 2 assists in a span of a few weeks. He would give us a threat from outside the box like A. Ruiz and obviously on set pieces as well. Then we could keep Gelson where he is and have Podence as depth for both positions and Ruiz when a goal is do or die.

Though I know JJ usually prefers a left foot up in that position.

25. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Sporting should be doing everything in their power to sign Bruno Gaspar. Give them Jefferson, give them Oliveira, I don't care. Make it happen.