2016-17 Roster Movement Thread

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by vividox, Oct 28, 2016.

1. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    He was hellishly fun to watch, and a reason to head to the see the royals after work back then. This wasn't much of a surprise, though. At Auburn, besides winning the Heisman, he was known for launching monster shots out of the park.
    In the end, it really was a shame he decided to also play football. He would have had a very nice 20 year baseball career. I remember the play on which he was injured, and it was actually OJ who noted, "his career might be over" after he struggled to get up on what looked like a pretty meh tackle. OTOH, freakishly unlucky, and he was a spectacular running back.

2. Blong

Blong Member+

Oct 29, 2002
    Midwest, the real one.
    Such a unique personality, too. There was just this aura of "What's he gonna do today?" that followed him.

mschofield repped this.
  3. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We're apparently signing the guy that scored twice vs the US in this year's Gold Cup

IASocFan and mschofield repped this.
  4. Inca Roads

Inca Roads Member+

Nov 22, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Good! Depth. Just has to outperform Soony.

mschofield repped this.
  5. Soccer7947

Soccer7947 Member

Aug 15, 2005
    Kansas
    So the bar is pretty low...

BenDover and mschofield repped this.
  6. BenDover

BenDover BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 4, 2010
    Rio Verde, AZ
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder if Parsemain will get into any of the remaining MLS season or post season action. It's kind of late in the season to get the hang of PV ball. Still, I would like to see what the guy can do against MLS defenders.

mschofield repped this.
  7. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    All we know about how he performs against MLS defenders is the very small sample from the Gold Cup and the similarly small schedule before he was injured with the Sounders.
    From MLS: "Parsemain arrived in Seattle as something of an enigma, but quickly established a propensity for scoring highlight-reel goals in team scrimmages. In continued when the preseason started, where he scored twice in 105 minutes, including an absurd first-time volley from distance in a February 2014 exhibition against the Vancouver Whitecaps."

He tore his ACL in 2014, and is now working his way back into MLS. He has really quick feet, but I don't think he's particularly fast. Very nice on the dribble and a really good eye for a pass. If he can make it with SKC, it would be a really nice feel good story, guy thinks he's done and gets a last chance.
    Long way of saying I think you're probably right, he doesn't look like a PV in his play before now, so maybe this is his time to break in. but in the right situation he can score. I am hoping this is a good situation for him

IASocFan repped this.
  8. drhoades00

drhoades00 Member

Aug 13, 2010
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Could loan him out to SPR for some minutes to learn PV ball as well maybe.

mschofield repped this.
  9. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. Sachsen

Sachsen Member+

Aug 8, 2003
    Broken Arrow, Okla.
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. BenDover

BenDover BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 4, 2010
    Rio Verde, AZ
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think SKC is going to get anything out of this deal since EPB is out of contract.

13. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    sigh. extremely unsurprising. rejected transfer fees for him and then failed to re-sign him. now he's going on a free.

and for him, it's hard to blame him picking up what's sure to be a chunk of change, but i think it's a terrible decision for his career. he's just gonna get loaned out to new clubs every year, never get settled. he's just gonna get lost in all the other players there.

14. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I agree he will be loaned out but my guess is his first stop will be nycfc or Australia He will benefit from this arrangement

15. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    correct.

I don't believe it can be NYC, KC will still hold his MLS rights since he's leaving on a free. (and rumors are either Breda in the Dutch league or Girona in Spain(a CFG holding)).

vividox and mschofield repped this.
  16. kcfooty

kcfooty Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ooh... that's a question to which I've not seen an answer. If we hold his MLS transfer rights, can he be "loaned" to a different club in MLS if we object?

mschofield repped this.
  17. hartley

hartley Member

Prediction.

EPB will never ever see the field for Man City. Don't get me wrong. The kid is good. But he most likely won't even get a look in the EPL — and that's a shame.

I really think his best bet would be trying to get loaned to a Championship level team in England. Going to the Dutch league for any defender is a waste of time. They don't play much defense there. Giron in La Liga would be better than Holland since they are in the top flight. But let's see where they are in the table in January.

In the next two years [or whatever] he will play for everyone but Man City. His contract will run out. He will return to Kansas City.

18. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The problem with breaking into the ManCity lineup is that it really doesn't matter if EPB shows himself to be better than the other young CBs on their first team (all elite players). It's that he can't just be the best among their reserves (all talented), or their other 28 loanees around the world (again, all talented and some like Danayer thought to be the next big thing, but in another couple years), because as history shows just about zero of those players will get a chance with the first team.
    To get onto the field for City, he has to be and remain better than just about everyone on Earth who isn't playing for a superclub, as well as being better than those who actually are playing for his super club. We tend to look at their roster and say, well Kompany is slipping, but that doesn't matter, because they will go buy the next big deal CB to replace Kompany when he has finally slipped too far.
    Beyond that, to play for City, he would first need an english work permit, which would require him to be getting most of the games for the USMNT (not the U version), but more than that, the City defenders are a big step up from the US defenders, he'd have to be a dominant CB for the US.
    I believe he's quite good, but I believe you are correct, and playing for City is very unlikely, playing at all in the Prem is not now allowed, and the lower leagues have the same rules, so he really can't play in England for at least another year or three, until he starts earning full caps.
    I think it's a shame he didn't play more for SKC, but I'm not sure he's a better option that Besler or Opara (better now than Ellis, but that's now his role).
    I wish him all the best, but I think holding on to his rights was a smart move.

19. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed, when the Porto loan-to-buy fell through, this was always the likely option. Any offer in the last year of his contract would have been rock bottom.

mschofield repped this.
  20. siskoeva

siskoeva Member

Oct 31, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
  21. Sachsen

Sachsen Member+

Aug 8, 2003
    Broken Arrow, Okla.
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Another kid from North Carolina. Gotta love those "homegrowns" from halfway across the country.

Does @AndyMead have something to do with this pipeline??

Blando13 repped this.
  22. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's not on the roster til 2018 though. He's very likely to be with the u17s at the World Cup in India

Blando13 and IASocFan repped this.
  23. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Belmar and Oliveira signed from SPR

Anderson11, Blando13 and IASocFan repped this.
  24. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Was coming in here to ask about this. That would be insane if we retained his rights then he could still be loaned to NYCFC.

This one still hurts, though. EPB was always about the big payout; no one ever expected him to stay here. I guess we can always hang our hat on the possibility that he'll potentially make his way back to KC eventually.

25. Sachsen

Sachsen Member+

Aug 8, 2003
    Broken Arrow, Okla.
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think this is probably pretty likely. My only concern is how much longer Besler and Opara can go. Probably not until EPB is ready to return.

vividox repped this.