2016-17 Offseason Roster Thread

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by hardhead, Oct 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TRUJDUB

TRUJDUB Member+

Nov 22, 2015
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I think Meram should have been named captain and he took the high road on the announcement that Will was named to that role.

2. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's what I was thinking.

3. west ham sandwich

Feb 26, 2007
    C-bus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't. As mentioned, Trapp was captain of the Olympic Qualifying team. So clearly, someone besides just Gregg does look at Trapp and thinks he's captain material.

Just because he doesn't run up and down the field pumping his fists and yelling before kickoff or because he doesn't get in peoples faces in the middle of a game doesn't mean he's not a leader and therefor not a good pick for captain.

As much as I've also been inclined, sometimes, to think/say that he's getting special treatment because he's a homegrown guy, when you think about it, this team has been very shrewd when handling homegrown players and really hasn't kept them around past their usefulness. I don't see why Trapp would be any different.

4. west ham sandwich

Feb 26, 2007
    C-bus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, I, for one, think that the person selected as captain I clearly huge. It will be the difference between winning the double* and not even making the playoffs

*MLS Cup and Supporters Shield - because we all know the team hates the Lamar Hunt Open Cup, so the treble is right out the window
    [/sarcasm]

5. hardhead

hardhead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 2008
    NEO
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    That's a wrap for the offseason roster. New thread is up.