Alert: 2016/17 Manchester United injury report

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Ashur, Aug 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LA. MAN UNITED

LA. MAN UNITED Member+

May 22, 2006
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Substitute scoring with (eating/drinking/pouting) and we will definitely have possibilities..

2. gatekeeper2

gatekeeper2 Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Perhaps, but one thing that cannot be denied is that Wayne has not pouted this season. He's put on a brave face since he was dropped after Watford.

jnielsen repped this.
  3. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Riding off into the sunset
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Still awaiting official confirmation on the status of both Rojo and Zlatan, but when Shaw was asked about Zlatan, he said that he looked fine and was walking around the dressing room normally.
    Perhaps he might have dodged a bullet and might be back at some point before the end of the season.

4. Red Jeph

Red Jeph Member+

Aug 26, 2006
    Chicago
    With an ACL, a lot of times you can still walk even if it's torn. If the premilinary news is that's it's torn, it probably is. It's a simple test, they probably knew on the field but are doing an MRI to confirm.

5. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sky is reporting that Zlatan will indeed be out for the remainder of the season. It stands to reason he might have played his last game for United.

6. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    That's true, but usually not right after. Because the tear causes so much trauma and swelling in the knee, walking immediately after is usually a no go. After I tore my ACL I couldn't walk at all for the first week after. But by the week or so mark I was walking around completely normal.

7. Red Jeph

Red Jeph Member+

Aug 26, 2006
    Chicago
  8. jeff070

jeff070 Member+

Dec 31, 2004
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    I hate to have him injured but in hindsight it could be a blessing for a couple of guys to get involved and he could always get involved on the sidelines. if the injury is serious enough, I think we should offer him a coaching gig here. His confidence by itself has helped the team out.

9. Gnome

Gnome Member+

Nov 5, 2013
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Looks like Rojo is out for the remainder of the season as well. He's been pretty good this season. Hope Jones and Smalling don't return

10. Chaz Striker

Chaz Striker Member+

Jul 26, 2005
    Denver
    This only good for us. We get rid of our biggest hindrance on offense, and we get to shop folks like Ashley Young, and HOPEFULLY play some youth.

jeff070 repped this.
  11. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Someone mentioned it already, but the odds on AY being at the club next season, are pretty high. Especially if he keeps performing the way he has this season. He'll still be a squad player at best, but there is no way Jose will look to get rid of a player who can fill in at so many positions pretty effectively the way he does.

12. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #312 Ashur, Apr 21, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
    He'll be out until September according to reports. In our current situation that is just a big loss. The ideal situation now would be for Tuanzebe to start this weekend and put in a solid enough display, to convince Jose to use him the rest of the way. Hard to see how he has a choice at this point anyway with Bailly himself having played so much as of late. He'll be in need of a break at some point.
    Just like with Zlatan's injury, this should change nothing in terms of our transfer plans and the need for a new CB this summer.

13. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Not starting Tuanzebe on Sunday should be considered a sackable offence. The same should apply to Fosu-Mensah.

Gilma1990 repped this.
  14. Chaz Striker

Chaz Striker Member+

Jul 26, 2005
    Denver
    He will play Blind or Carrick.

15. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Would you sit Bailly for this weekend? Burnley at home will be tough, but City is next and having played 6gms in a row, he must be close to being in the red himself.

16. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    I'm waiting for Fellaini to be used there.

Gilma1990 repped this.
  17. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    I would give him a half next to Tuanzebe to ease him in.

Gilma1990 repped this.
  18. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've been thinking personally he might be tempted to play Darmian there myself. If push came to shove, I'd prefer that option over the 3 mentioned above. Far from ideal of course, but at least he's a defender by trade and probably would be far more effective than midfielders. Blind, without one of Bailly, Rojo, Smalling or Jones, looks like a recipe for disaster.

19. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can buy that. Who takes over the rest of the way then?

20. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    As you mentioned above Darmian. He was originally a central defender. The only other option is Fosu-Mensah. I would rather avoid an inexperienced central defence but it is on paper the best game to try it in if forced.

Gilma1990 and Ashur repped this.
  21. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Knee ligament injury for Rojo as well? ******** me we're in bad shape not only for this season but the start of next.

As far as the rest of this season goes, Jose will play Tuanzebe ahead of Carrick, TFM, and Darmian. He talks about him often and seems to rage him highly. Sadly though, I think he'll ride Bailly and Blind until the wheels fall off.

jnielsen repped this.
  22. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
  23. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Mourinho brought this on himself.

Gilma1990 repped this.
  24. Futbol_Head

Futbol_Head Member+

Manchester United
    Aug 18, 2007
    Bay Area, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Piss poor management of his players.

25. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yep. Now he'll be forced to play youth guys that he's given little or no experience to this far.

Although I think the rest of the season is going to live and die by our ability to score goals. Lots of pressure on Marcus.

jnielsen repped this.