2016 - 17 General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by bvbSlash, Jul 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    About Gotze have a look at what playing out of position has done to De Bruyne. He was terrible today and has been poor for months. Playing out of position has ruined De Bruyne's confidence and is making him look average. He is not a midfielder. Gotze obviously has other issues, but when he returns play him as a 10 where belongs.

2. thisisthelife

thisisthelife Member

Nov 1, 2015
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    Fair play to Monaco and Jardim. They managed to piece together a very lethal squad. A bit frail on the defensive side, but otherwise deadly in attack. With them eliminating a high profile team like City, interest towards their players is going to skyrocket. Sadly, I cannot see the likes of Fabinho, Bakayoko, Mbappe and Mendy there next season and Monaco will most probably be back to the drawing board for a year or two.

3. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

He maybe intelligent when it comes to tactics but is dumb as a fücking doorknob when it comes off pitch matters.

4. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

How the table might end if we continue our points haul since Jan.

Rosebud repped this.
  5. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  6. sanky

sanky Member

Dec 6, 2015
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    auba bought a new house besides reus and has put his child in school in dortmund so maybe he is not leaving as barca and real are not much interested in him due to his high transfer value and they already have world class strikers, only psg and china seems interested in him !

Liquid1010 and bvbSlash repped this.
  7. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    That's very promising. Also Atletico has made Lacazett an offer. He's denied it but he's definitely moving.

8. Bavarian Juggalo

Mar 10, 2017
    Sydney
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

don't mean shit broz....yeah dat right, he going to Citeh or PSG. Auba already been speakin to PSG, no secret. Word up ya'll, keep wid da times....he could also be smart and come to a club that likes to win, you know, like Bayern Munich roflrofl

9. Bavarian Juggalo

Mar 10, 2017
    Sydney
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    dam, never thought we would have our own version of slash as a bayern supporter

Dave46, Dhajj, P to the Wee and 2 others repped this.
  11. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Could it be the same person with an alter ego

Dhajj and Lahmfan repped this.
  12. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Why don't you ever see the moon and the sun out at the same time??

They're the same person!!!!!

13. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Their posting styles are radically different, and why in the world would Slash pose as a Bayern fan from Sydney and post on the Dortmund forums? That makes zero sense.

14. Majki 2111

Majki 2111 Member

Dec 19, 2015
    Zagreb,Croatia
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    I didn't watch many games from Bundesliga this year because MAXTV lost Eurosport2.
    But as far as I see. Many of you saying players play out of positions.

I think that era is over. All players need to know how to play any position in trained sistem. Sistem more important than position in which player feels most comfortable in. This will be football in a few years. So I will go on a limb and say, I want Tuchel to stay as much as he can. He is one of the new generation of coaches.

15. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    No it won't. A master of one trade is always superior to a jack of all trades. Xavi didn't go around playing different positions.

16. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It's completely possible TT is experimenting to get the best out of the players he has at hand. If he doesn't experiment how is he ever going to extract the best out of them?

We are 3rd and could make it to 2nd. We are in the 1/4 finals of the CL and 1/2 in the Pokal. All this after losing 3 key players, having an injury crisis and not having a central creator.

The grass is always greener on the other side. I want to keep TT for awhile longer.

chewz, Liquid1010 and MatthausSammer repped this.
  17. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    I am not too bothered either way if Tuchel stays or goes. I want to see what he does against Monaco and Bayern.

The achievements this season, are to be expected. He has an unbelievable squad of players.

Despite playing like a pub player today, Weigl is arguably (in my opinion easily) the best defensive midfielder in the world.
    Auba is arguably the best, certainly the most clinical top striker in the world.
    Reus, when fit is one of the best players in the world.
    Dembele is the most talented player young player since Messi.

This is not a bunch of scrubs he is managing.

Name me one player with the exception of LP, who still has not been great, who has played better due to the change of position? I can name you over half a dozen that have been substantially worse.

Nagelsmann and Hasenhuttl are the managers doing amazing things in the Bundesliga,

Luis Enrique is not a managing god, because he wins all the time with Barcelona. Loew is not the new Ferguson, because he won the world cup with Germany. As long as you don't alienate your players, they are going to reach a certain level. Pellegrini took City to top 4 and a narrow loss in the CL semi final, against the eventual winners, despite the team and even he himself not bothering for over half the season.

Beating Bayern and winning the cup would be impressive. Beating Madrid/Barca/Bayern in the CL even if the team don't win the CL is impressive. Defeating Monaco and beating every team until in the DFB is just par for this squad.

18. Bavarian Juggalo

Mar 10, 2017
    Sydney
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

bruh, i ain't from Sydney, I is ere on exchange...ya'll dig!? U right tho brez, i ain't Slash, i is Bavarian Juggalo, the OG juggalo gangsta hatchet devil clown.....WOOOOOOOOOOOT WOOOOOOOT

19. Bavarian Juggalo

Mar 10, 2017
    Sydney
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    <<<<< dis is me right ere

20. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Juggalos are who we thought they were...

z0mb1e repped this.
  21. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  22. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Pulisic seemed to be wrecking Honduras by the looks of the highlight reel. Three goals created and one goal scored in a 6-0 thrashing. Honduras looked pretty terrible, but two of Pulisic's assists were classy beauties. One was a perfectly-weighted diagonal that Dempsey chested down and vollleyed in, and the other a perfectly-weighted throughball sending Bedoya on a simple run past the GK and slot in.

Dave46 and eaglespark repped this.
  23. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was at the game and saw the first half goals up close. With the wet field Pulisic (and others) had a number of sloppy touches, but Honduras left the space in front of the CBs wide open and Christian absolutely devastated them. Sensational performance.

eaglespark and bvbSlash repped this.
  24. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kagawa also played a solid game in a tricky must-win away game against the UAE. He is becoming a tactical player in a deeper position for both club and country, but again he is rounding into form toward the tail end of the season.