2016 - 17 General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by bvbSlash, Jul 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    At least you've finally answered the question.

21/22 year old Gotze without regular games, playing out of position just had to be better than Ribery, Robben or the Bayern golden boy Muller. Ribery and Robben being two of 5 or so best players in the world at the time, many people arguing that Ribery deserved to be world player of the year. Yep definitely sounds like they bought Gotze to address a need and not to stockpile talent.

We can leave it there.

bvbSlash repped this.
  2. swit0539

swit0539 Member+

Aug 13, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Dahoud is criminally over rated.

3. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Care to explain?

4. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    A more logical and interesting conversation would be whether or not Götze can return to his old form. He himself said that the old Mario is gone.

Well my thinking is that he was never a speedster. I mean with regular game time, injury reduction measures and confidence, I am sure he can get his old physical form back. But he needs a personal trainer and the clubs support. Kind of what Reus got this past summer.

5. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    More interesting for you perhaps, but understanding why he failed at Bayern is important in getting him back to his old form.

6. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He's not a machine. Reversing what ruined him, isn't necessarily going to bring back the Mario of old.

Besides your question is easy to answer. You had a 20 year old kid driving around in a Porsche, making almost 5M a year, is seen as the jewel of the 2nd largest club in Germany, is sought after by almost every big club, including what was purportedly his favourite club where the senile honorary president calls him the German Lionel Messi. He swaps colours and gets to more than double his salary.

Meanwhile the coach there is an eccentric one who is done dealing with developing talent and just wants to obssess about winning. Götze is not given the same time that Lio, Busquets and Gerard Pique got, let alone the positional freedom he himself enjoyed under Jürgen Klopp. He's hardly friends with anybody in that squad so things just get worse year after year. Add injuries and it was no brainer time. And his confidence and performance dropped into a deep abyss.

He returned because he saw how TT revitalized Miki. But he's got to work hard and work on his speed and stamina. Miki always worked hard and kept himself in peak shape.

7. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Götze out for the rest of the season due to a metabolism disorder.

8. Liquid1010

Liquid1010 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #958 Liquid1010, Feb 27, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
    Just read that now as well. Honestly it explains a lot given his material weight gain/fluctuations.

He seemed to be training hard.... but you can tell he's not "right".

9. Peter DFB

Peter DFB New Member

Jun 30, 2014
    Just seeing if anyone knows how to get 2 tickets for the Sud Tribune ! I am from Canada and taking my son to a few Bundsliga matches. He is a big BVB fan and I would like to go to the Friday March 17th game against Inglostadt. Thanks in advance for information.

Dage repped this.
  10. Scheherazade

Scheherazade Member

Jun 4, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund

I hope he can recover and manage the disorder. Awful news. It explains the constant weight fluctuation. I wish the club kept it discreet because I am certain Götze does not want it to affect his national team career and transfer prospects in the future.

11. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I only saw that Götze is out indefinitely. Hopefully not for the entire remainder of the season!

12. Liquid1010

Liquid1010 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Welcome - another fellow Canadian. I went to a match back in 2014 (Ruhr Derby), and the only way I was able to get match tickets was through viagogo.

13. Scheherazade

Scheherazade Member

Jun 4, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Indefinitely may be worse than the rest of the season since it's just three months to the end of May.

14. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Hopefully they get to the bottom to what's wrong with him and sort things out. He is lucky he came back to Dortmund.

15. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Am I wrong to think the club would be required to disclose that to any potential suitors? I would think he would either have to be stabilized on some sort of a management plan, or get a clean bill of health before National team prospects enter into play. I can't see how DFB would even want him if he isn't playing regular for BVB.

16. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't see why the condition would be treated any differently from other medical issues/injuries. Hopefully they can manage, if not resolve it.

17. Dave46

Dave46 Member+

Nov 30, 2013
    Las Vegas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Armenia
    I wish Gotze the best. Hopefully, he comes back strong next season.

18. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  19. bumbleBeeVB

bumbleBeeVB Member+

Aug 6, 2014
    NYC
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This, while clearly not great news, at least gives some context for his struggles. We've all noted his body shape and maybe this doesn't completely change that, but him figuring this out and becoming healthier and in better shape to play probably offers the most likely way for him to improve to where we all want him to be.

Dave46 repped this.
  20. Peter DFB

Peter DFB New Member

Jun 30, 2014
    Well I was lucky to go last fall and bought tics on Viagogo for the Freiburg game- when I got there I ahd take off my BVB shirt since I was in the visitor section !! Lucky they screwed up my Real tic for the Champions game and I got a tic off a fan outside the stadium at a very good price! The Football Gods where on my side that day. Viagogo is a big scam, I refuse to use them ever again ! Trying ebay, it looks like prices are not to bad. Thanks for your story

Dave46 and Liquid1010 repped this.
  21. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  22. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    They could just play it at Westfalenstadion. They'd earn more money.

I love how almost nobody gives a fùck. It's as though a win is expected.

Dave46 repped this.
  23. Liquid1010

Liquid1010 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Their pitch is a disaster and has drawn some criticism (typical for 3rd tier).... this should have been played at the Westfalenstadion.

24. Scheherazade

Scheherazade Member

Jun 4, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    The pitch condition is expected considering they were only recently promoted to the 3. Liga. A postponement is good, the squad needs to save energy for Leverkusen and Benfica!

25. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Don't small 3rd tier and below clubs normally prefer to play their DFB Pokal matches in BL1 stadiums for the revenue boost?

Dave46 repped this.