2016-17 DFB Pokal thread

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by bvbSlash, Aug 12, 2017.

1. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    1st round match today. We won 4-0. Bartra with the winner followed by PEA hattrick.

I'll try and do ratings from now on for those that don't watch the match.

Burki 7: didn't really have much to do. But was there to make the saves when called upon

LP 6: He's gotten too slow. He is a creative player and you need pace. Against better opposition he just cannot keep up.

Bartra 8; Excellent. Definitely improving.

Sokratis 6: Can't get better. Cannot get worse. We can improve on him but I'm fine keeping him. His performance under 3 different coaches has not changed one bit.

Beste 7: Decent. He's a better backup to Raphael than Schmelzer.

Nuri 5: If only he still had his pace. Was invisible but not in a bad way. His decision-making is still fine.

Dahoud 8: I wish we had signed him last year. He shows all the attributes we would have needed to not only secure a 2nd spot but also compete with Bayern last year.

Castro 3: Utter garbage. He looked more like he belonged to the 6. BL than the opposition. Except for a few moments I don't see how else he could have fooled people into thinking he's a pro footballer.

Max 5: He was fine. Needs to build more chemistry.

Schurrle 4: Worst player in yellow not named Castro.

PEA 9: Clinical and still the striker from the last 3 years.

Kagawa 5: First game back. One practice session and still showed his class.

Passlack: Just got a few min.

PB 6: Decent possession, chance creation was decent but am not sure why he has no idea how to use width. And I hope he doesn't play Castro once Weigl is fit to play next to Dahoud.

2. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Appreciate the update, Slash. I didn't even know there was a Pokal match this early. Glad we won though.

3. Berchtesgaden

Berchtesgaden Member+

May 18, 2011
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Thanks for the thread

I only followed with the BVB match tracker - thought Max got subbed out with an injury- was it serious?

4. Jiri Havran

Jiri Havran Member

Apr 8, 2016
    Oslo
    Club:
    Shanxi Baorong
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Have to comment that your rating is colored by your hating Castro and loving Dahoud. There wasn't that great difference between those two. Otherwise OK. Personally, I didn't especially like the match, moving was slow and some odd substitutes, so I'd give PB 5
    You forgot Isak, also he got few minuttes only and didn't contribute much, but 5 is OK

5. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Dahoud had an assist though IIRC.

6. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'm pointing out that he's utter crap. Doesn't belong in this team. His performance speaks for itself. If it sounds like I hate him, it's a by-product of his performance. I have nothing against him on a personal level. He's probably a decent guy off of the pitch.

I wasn't actually going to mention Passlack either. But I figure people might be interested in his first appearance of the season. Like him Isak didn't have many touches and was a nonfactor.

7. Jiri Havran

Jiri Havran Member

Apr 8, 2016
    Oslo
    Club:
    Shanxi Baorong
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    He's not exactly my favorit either, don't misunderstand me, but since he's playing all the time, also under TT, maybe he has some function that we don't understand, however strange it might sound.
    By the way I agree with you on Schürrle, and I still don't understand why the füück we bought Philipp and let Mor go

8. swit0539

swit0539 Member+

Aug 13, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Castro wasn't that bad and Dahoud, while pretty good, wasn't that great. I agree though, Schurrle was poor. He is a very costly fehleinkauf

9. swit0539

swit0539 Member+

Aug 13, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Mor is not that good, has a poor attitude and requested to leave. Remember, according to Mor himself he only came to Dortmund because of TT.
    I like Phillip much more

10. Jiri Havran

Jiri Havran Member

Apr 8, 2016
    Oslo
    Club:
    Shanxi Baorong
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    What kind of appel could TT have on both Mor and Dembele? Isn't that only something they say? Anyway, there's no room for them on the pitch at the same time. Now that the latter is probably lost, might be the time to make a star of Mor. What he showed in Japan was great, and I don't remember him playing since

11. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    It is great to see Auba continue his scoring streak. 4 goals alreayd, let's hope he can get 10 times as much. I don't understand the criticism about him missing chances. He is the most clinical top striker out there. The only exception is Belotti who I have not seen.

Dahoud is going to be fantastic. He and Gotze have the intelligence, technique and quick passing to be incredible together. Sadly Reus not likely to be a factor this year at all, because the three of them would be brilliant.

12. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Pokal first round for HSV. Against 3. BL side. Up a man around the 70 min mark. Loses 1-3.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

13. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina