2016-17 Coaches HotSeat Thread

Discussion in 'College & Amateur Soccer' started by WatzBruin, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    They love Rast at Santa Clara because he was on the national title team and was an Olympian and basically spent his whole adult life there. But they also take soccer fairly serious at Santa Clara and, barring a miraculous turn around, this will be his third losing season the past 4 years.

Remember, when took over in 2001, SCU had been to the Final Four/College Cup 4 times between 89 and 2000, played in two national titles and won a share of a national title. They were an elite program.

Now the are a 0-7-0.

Other than his history with the program, there is nothing to suggest Rast has the program going in the right direction and deserves to stay. But, that history is real and will probably allow Rast to keep his job.

2. OverseasView

OverseasView Member+

Olympique Lyonnais
    France
    Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I just noticed this week-end that St Francis (PA) has an interim coach since this summer: Anthony Moore, five year assistant, has replaced Paulo Canineu Neto.
    I made some web research, but found no news, no article, no press release about this change. Nothing, nada. It looks like it was done by stealth.....
    Did I miss a post in this thread? Is my research bad?
    Does someone know what happened and whether Paulo Neto "netted" a new jig? I only found a web site of a soccer camps company he founded: http://www.brazilianwaysoccer.com/

ThePonchat repped this.
  3. jiggaman123

jiggaman123 Member

Jul 2, 2008
    Almost that time again ! Let the rumors begin !!

4. OverseasView

OverseasView Member+

Olympique Lyonnais
    France
    Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Yeeees, buzzzzz, we want blood, sweat and tears (metaphorically speaking......)

5. WatzBruin

WatzBruin Member

Aug 23, 2011
    LA - SF Valley
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    #205 WatzBruin, Nov 3, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
    LMU- Paul Krumpe?

UCLA - Jorge Salcedo?

6. WatzBruin

WatzBruin Member

Aug 23, 2011
    LA - SF Valley
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    The 2017 Season hasn't gotten any better for Rast and Santa Clara at 2-12-1!

7. ksc7

ksc7 Member

Aug 17, 2008
    Club:
    Karlsruher SC
    Saint Louis - 8th in conference - first round knockout in a10 tourney - Mike McGinty.

Sandon Mibut repped this.
  8. ratmalph

ratmalph Member

Oct 26, 2016
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
  9. CaptainD

CaptainD Member

Oct 20, 2014
  10. espola

espola Member+

Feb 12, 2006
  11. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    So should we presume by its silence that UCLA is keeping Jorge Salcedo despite going 28-27-4 with a very talented roster the past three seasons?

12. DMVSoccer

DMVSoccer New Member

United States
    Feb 12, 2018
    How about Tim O'Donohue at the Naval Academy? He came in with a good-looking pedigree, but has had two horrible years, including going 2-13-2 in 2017 with not a single conference win. He's lost at least one recruit already. Thoughts on whether it's too soon to cut him loose?