2016-17 Champions League: auf den Spuren des verlorenen Henkelpotts

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by bvbSlash, Aug 2, 2016.

1. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You're too superstitious bro.

2. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    ^^ I hope Every team on the left to qualify..

3. PureEvil

PureEvil Member+

Jul 30, 2014
    California
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Remember when Real Madrid lost to Wolfsburg last year? Wolfsburg were like 8th or 9th in the Bundesliga at the time..they always tend to struggle against German teams. Real's defense has been a disaster this season so if Dortmund got Real i reckon you guys woulda done the same in 2013.

But I'm rooting for you guys against Monaco, the more german teams in the cl the better.

4. chewz

chewz Member+

Sep 13, 2012
    Toronto
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Not disagreeing but the year they won in 2014 they knocked out FC Scheisse, us and Bayern on the way. We're different from the 2014 and so is Madrid, and I like our chances but I would be satisfied with a semi final finish, anything beyond that is a nice bonus.

PureEvil repped this.
  5. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I fancy our chances against Real. Age is catching up to Penaldo; Benzema and Bale are streaky as ever and they always have a flair of inconsistency about them. Of course that penile papule Ramos is a PITA but we do need to be able to beat a strong team to become champs.

However, Kroos and Modric make a rather strong midfield. Without Dahoud we will be bossed.

6. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/news/newsid=1942332.html

z0mb1e and PureEvil repped this.
  7. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    So very true. The only worry I have facing Monaco is an injury crisis or Tuchel deciding to follow Pep and do something stupid. He has already copied idiotic tactics like a 6 and two 10s, playing a central midfielder in the midfield without possession and then having him run and play RCB in possession. Throw in the craziness of the LB playing as a LB without the ball, but having to run and LWB with the ball.

If Tuchel refrains from craziness we will kill them. It's great, because the general consensus is that it's a 50/50 game with Monaco as slight favourites, but we will destroy them and send a message.

Great draw concerning the other teams as well. I hope for Bayern and Barca to get knocked out, which would be best for Dortmund, but expect Bayern, Atletico and Dortmund to go through. I am not sure about Juve vs Barca.

8. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    As I stated earlier I want the Final to be us vs. Barca, so no I don't want Barca to be knocked out.

9. PureEvil

PureEvil Member+

Jul 30, 2014
    California
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Dortmund v Bayern final again :)

10. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hopefully Tuchel doesn't go too negative to try and contain that exceptional Monaco attack. With the momentum they have it'll be very difficult to contain them enough to move to the next round; but if you continue to play your best in the CL, it is an achievable goal.

11. Liquid1010

Liquid1010 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm really looking forward to the match-up! Both teams strengths are similar, and I get the feeling the tie will be very close..... I have images of our tie with Malaga going through my head.

12. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Isn't our defence significantly better than Monaco's? We've kept a clean sheet against Bayern in all competitive matches dating back to last year. But then again Madrid drilled us for 4 last year as well.

Dave46 repped this.
  13. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    I really don't see it that way. Unless Tuchel goes crazy, which he tends to do, I think we will just kill them.

Even with numbers back they can't defend, they can't play for more than 60 minutes and can't defend the spaces. There attack is not as good. In fact even if Tuchel does something stupid we probably still win.

Dave46 repped this.
  14. Liquid1010

Liquid1010 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I believe they are a better team than you give them credit for. Falcao is still capable of brilliant finishing, and our defense typically gives up a few golden opportunities every match.

15. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    If we play against them like we did against Ingolstadt then we have zero chance. No top club plays like that. It was embarrassing last night.

16. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'd say we're not an overwhelming favorite. I'd rate our chances to progress at 55-45, in that range.

17. Dave46

Dave46 Member+

Nov 30, 2013
    Las Vegas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Armenia
    80-20 for me. You give a French club too much respect.

18. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    And you give a dangerous team with some of the best young talent on the planet too little respect.

Liquid1010 repped this.
  19. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Bernardo-Falcao-Mbappe is a major problem. They're bad news. Underestimate them, as well as Fabinho and Lemar, at your own risk. They're fast, they're young, they're well-coached, and they're hungry. They are also topping Ligue 1 over PSG.

20. bumbleBeeVB

bumbleBeeVB Member+

Aug 6, 2014
    NYC
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I question how good PSG is after their whole collapse

21. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    They had their massive colllapse, but they also had a game where they put Barcelona through the shredder. At the end of the day they took Barça all the way and they barely lost by a last second goal. Regardless of how awful the one game was or whether Barça are the dominant team they used to be, Barcelona aren't scrubs. PSG deserves respect, and so does Monaco.

22. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    "Better?" Maybe.

"Significant?" I'm not so sure about that.

23. Dave46

Dave46 Member+

Nov 30, 2013
    Las Vegas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Armenia
    We have this.

24. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You said "maybe" in two different forms.

25. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    LOL...Perhaps.

By "Maybe", I mean that yes, we can be considered better than them. It would not be a push to say this in my book.

However, the statement, "Significant better"? Well, I have doubts about that though I am open to being wrong.

The difference between, "I think we are" and, "I don't think we are."

MatthausSammer repped this.