2016-17 CCL Alianza Dragon edition

Discussion in 'El Salvador' started by slaminsams, May 29, 2016.

1. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    I don't have high hopes for our representatives

Grimmjow316 repped this.
  2. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Same here I was really hoping Aguila would have made it they were playing so well. Dragon's counter attack style isn't going to do jack...

As for Alianza time for Fito to showcase his amazing goalscoring skills so he can make his case for the NT. /sarcasm.

3. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

4. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I know you're being sarcastic, but Fito is the only reason I'm happy Alianza qualified. I just want to see how Fito performs in the CCL.

Other than that, I don't care for Alianza or Dragon.

5. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    Group B
    Dragon
    Saprissa (Costa Rica)
    Portland (USA)

Group F
    Alianza
    Antigua (Guatemala)
    NY Red Bulls (USA)

Rough draw for poor Dragon I hope they don't just mail it in or it could get embarrassing for them

Grimmjow316, Willsant87 and Chul0 repped this.
  6. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Honestly I would be looking at Sosa and especially Portillo who low key has been the most consistent player for Alianza these last few seasons.

7. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Look at the bright side, as shitty as the clubs in CA tend to be (bar the Costa Rican ones and maybe Olimpia), you didn't get Mexican teams. And never underestimate the ability of American clubs, and by extension their NT, to self combust in central america. Especially when their schedule should at least in theory affect their group stage games.

How's Alianza doing nowadays?

8. mczh

mczh Member

Jul 30, 2015
    Dallas, TX
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Rodrigo Rivera too (if he can actually stay healthy)

Grimmjow316 repped this.
  9. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Ah yes our Salvadorian David Luiz. It's funny how one of adds for the NT has him featured despite not getting one iota of time. I do think he deserves a chance.

10. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    Alianza is about upper middle in the league so basically really crap relative the other teams in the tournament

Chul0 repped this.
  11. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    So I Guess NYRB's group should be a cakewalk then :'(

12. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    Yup even if they mess up on the road I can't see anyone making them pay for it

13. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    I think Antigua is capable of beating them at home (even if they play at the Mateo), but they're just as capable of losing/ drawing against Alianza or getting slaughtered in NY

14. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    I wanna agree but I have to see which players Aliamza and Dragon Recruit before making a final decision, Aliamza have two foreign spot to fill (since teams are allowed to have four foreign players). Who knows they could find themselves another bladmiir diaz

15. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Man, i gotta say im pretty mad. Whoever that Midfielder was who played the ball TO THE TIMBER ST, should get benched and not play a couple of games. You have 30 seconds left on the clock until its the 90th min, and u give it away like THAT?? I mean, how could u do that to your team??

Other than that stupid mistake, Dragon played a good game. Yeah, they sat back and defended, but they did it damn well. Good goal as well, if a little lucky (hey, Lizama is a good player, i knlw his brother is out of the NT until 2018 [that should be removed] but he is pushing his way onto a higher spot, wether it be NT or a bigger LMF team)

William Flores repped this.
  16. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    Considering Dragon six players that were starters in last year grand final, they played outstanding sadly fitness (fatigue means we will continue to give away ball or goals like that ), but this is the first time in a long time a lot of people on social media praising their effort and the coaching of omar sevilla.

Blue_nation724 repped this.
  17. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Man he couldve just taken a random shot at the goalie. Felt their fitness was much better though tbh

18. William Flores

United States
    Apr 17, 2013
    Garland, Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So alianza ties at home 1-1 to the red bulls. :notworthy: better than being blown out i suppose

19. halfnhalf89

halfnhalf89 Member+

Aug 19, 2008
    Did you watch the game? I see that New York played their first team..how did Zelaya do?

20. William Flores

United States
    Apr 17, 2013
    Garland, Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Didn't watch the game as it was shown on a 2 hr tape delay

21. mczh

mczh Member

Jul 30, 2015
    Dallas, TX
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    He was actually decent. Was left isolated up top since they went out with 5 midfielders and played very conservatively, but he had a couple of good moments. As expected though, he got gassed and wasn't much of a factor after NY tied.

halfnhalf89 repped this.
  22. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    After two decent performance (Dragon v portland timber and Alianza v New York Redbull), we took a giant step back with Dragon getting spanked, hammered, smashed, humilated..running out words to describe what occured , the final 6-0 and that was because saprissa took the pedal of in the second half.
    [​IMG]

William Flores repped this.
  23. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    We never not sucked tbh :(

Mago Cuscatleco repped this.
  24. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    Alianza 1-1 Antigua, Once again Alianza dominated but then lost steam and antigua took full advantage, seriously watching our team gas so easily and lack the mental fortitude to defend in high pressure societ will always confuse me.

Willsant87 and EvanJ repped this.
  25. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Alianza trip to the Red Bulls is important. Here are the scenarios:

If the Red Bulls win, Alianza would be eliminated. Antigua could win the group if they won their last two games.

If the game is a scoreless draw, the Red Bulls would have the head-to-head away goals tiebreaker. Alianza would need the Red Bulls to lose at Antigua and then for Alianza to beat Antigua.

If the game is a draw with goals, Alianza win the group if the Red Bulls lost at Antigua and then Alianza beat Antigua. Alianza could also win the group on goal differential if they got a 1:1 draw at the Red Bulls and the Red Bulls played a draw at Antigua. If Alianza got a draw of 2:2 or higher at the Red Bulls, Alianza would have the head-to-head away goals tiebreaker and would win the group if the Red Bulls lost or drew at Antigua and Alianza won at Antigua.

If Alianza wins, they would lead the group by 1 point and have the head-to-head record tiebreaker over the Red Bulls. In that case, Alianza would win the group with a win at Antigua, a Red Bulls loss at Antigua, or a draw or loss at Antigua and a Red Bulls draw at Antigua. The Red Bulls would need a win at Antigua and a draw or loss for Alianza at Antigua.

Blue_nation724 and edcalvi repped this.