2016-17 Bundesliga Matchday 28: Bayern München vs. Borussia Dortmund

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by BVBFNM, Apr 7, 2017.

1. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Finally some good news, Castro was taken out due to abductor problems. On the flipside Rode is back so we all know who the tactical genius will use as Weigl's partner.

2. swit0539

swit0539 Member+

Aug 13, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    #152 swit0539, Apr 8, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
    unsurprised by the loss. But the performance was mostly poor.Yep, Castro and Rode are not good enough. But, Bayern also simply played better and used their chances, they are the better side. I think with Weigl, Pisczek and Kagawa BVB would have done better, we had our moments

3. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    We simply can't afford to be this defensively naïve if we want to win trophies.

4. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I don't think this was about defensive tactics. Tuchel set up defensively in the same formation we stifled Bayern with last time. This was just about Bayern being a much better, healthier team and us failing to match them.

Liquid1010 and swit0539 repped this.
  5. swit0539

swit0539 Member+

Aug 13, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    we can't forget that we have a whole bunch of very young players under 22.

Dave46 repped this.
  6. ToBlockIdiots

ToBlockIdiots Member+

Feb 18, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Why are you surprised? This is who you are as a team. You aren't a destination club; established world class players from abroad and Bayern won't be going to Dortmund. I've seen you blaming Watzke, but he's brought in young talents who have already contributed at this stage in their careers. But you can't just field a team with promising U-21s, and that's why he's still reinforcing it with Bundesliga veterans like Shirley, Rode, Toprak, Castro, etc. I've seen you hilariously suggest to go after Boateng and Kroos before, but being completely honest with yourself and taking your Dortmund goggles off, who are better, more talented, and established options that would readily transfer to Dortmund given the chance?

At the end of the day, you're a very good club who can make runs in the competitions you're in. You make the best of your situation by buying potential talents and the best the Bundesliga (outside of Bayern) has to offer. It's just too bad that you'll inevitably lose your potential world class players in 2-3 players in Dembele and Weigl. But you reload with new ones and the cycle goes on and maybe win a Pokal or two.

7. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Today was about lack of quality. This Bayern squad is not a normal squad, I have always said it's the best I have ever seen. Luckily for the rest of the world Ancelotti has come when it's at it's end.

Today we were killed on the wings and the blame for this goes to Tuchel. We were losing the midfield battle as expected with the terrible midfield we had. Tuchel should have switched to a 4-4-1-1. Our wingbacks could not cope.

However, look at Bayern's best players.

Lahm retiring next season.
    Robben 33
    Ribery 34

Bayern haven't replaced those players with guys of equal quality. It's not unrealistic to assume that by next year Dembele and Passlack are better than their opposite numbers.

One thing this match has made my mind up on is Schurrle. He is never fit and when you have so many young players and an injury prone Reus, you need a fit older player.

Rode and Schurrle can both be sold in the summer.

8. thisisthelife

thisisthelife Member

Nov 1, 2015
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    Bad time to have a injury crisis. Even worse to have scrubs like Castro and Rode fill in for the injured. It is what it is. At the end of the day Bayern were just miles better than us. I hope Weigl is back for Monaco. Same goes for Reus.

9. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Weigl and Kagawa are back in training. Now I feel like they would have made the trip to Munich if the Bundesliga was within reach. Time for Monaco.

10. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Marco Reus trained with the squad as well. Julian Weigl and Shinji just had individual training.