2016-17 Bundesliga Matchday 27: Borussia Dortmund vs. Hamburger SV

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by BVBFNM, Apr 3, 2017.

1. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Sombedy injure Castro already, I think it's the only way Tuchel won't play him.

2. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I saw Mor feature a fair bit in the highlights and there were a couple positive comments about him during the game. How did he do?

3. z0mb1e

z0mb1e Member

May 31, 2007
    Twilight Zone
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Not bad, definitely added his own spark once he got in.

4. swit0539

swit0539 Member+

Aug 13, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Kagawa MOTM. He must not be sold, he is fantastic.

astrophyz repped this.
  5. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was working and need to rewatch the game but I saw them playing 4-2-3-1 today, at least in terms of how the midfield functioned in attack. Kagawa was playing closest to Auba, doing most of his work in the attacking third in and around the 18 - did you see things differently?

6. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Kagawa is understandably a divisive player. He's been excellent the last few matches and will likely be the difference on Saturday. But it's hard to forget his poor performances all season. He was awful, right down there with Castro. However, if his injuries are behind him we should extend. Apart from Gotze he is the only natural no 10 in the squad. Of all the glorifying we do of average players who have been with us, Kagawa is at least one of the more deserving ones.

Also by extending Castro, the club has set a rather low standard. Granted it was just HSV, but even Ginter looked solid as well. Should we hold onto him for another season? Or is it too risky to have more average CB like Toprak in the squad?

7. ahmamunaaa

ahmamunaaa New Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Germany
    Apr 5, 2017

8. ahmamunaaa

ahmamunaaa New Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Germany
    Apr 5, 2017
  9. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Did OK. He had some decent dribbles, but it nearly always came to nothing. Had a lot of the ball thanks to Raphael.
    Yep it was definitely a 4-1-4-1 and it didn't work. Kagawa and Castro both left Weigl isolated. Castro had a very poor game despite scoring. Kagawa was brilliant when he got the ball in the 10 role, but he didn't do the other things he was meant too. He can't be blamed for that he is not an 8/10. The blame goes to Tuchel.
    Ginter was as bad as usual.

There's only a reason to keep Kagawa if we are going to play a 4-2-3-1, which Tuchel refuses to do. If Tuchel goes and we get a more pragmatic coach, or he is forced to play 4-2-3-1, then Kagawa can stay, but depending on Gotze's fitness, he should start next season on the bench.

10. Fordemonk

Fordemonk Member

Feb 7, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Kagawa was obviously told to support auba when possible. There really is no pleasing some of you. Kagawa has been the best player on the pitch over his last four games. Cant wait til he has an average game and you all savage him for it. The nature of his game is like this. If the passes come off he is top class. If not he can look average. For his sake he should go to a club that values his talents. There will be suitors on his current form.

11. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think anyone is denying this point.

12. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    You are so obsessed and blinded by Kagawa, you can't see the forest for the trees. I am actually praising Kagawa and saying he is brilliant, despite Tuchel playing him out of position.

The team needs to play 4-2-3-1 to get the best out of Kagawa, because he is in such good form.