2016-17 Bundesliga matchday 20: Darmstadt - Dortmund

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by Arlo, Feb 11, 2017.

1. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Now if only Bayern would concede ffs this MD wouldn't be so awful.

2. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    90+4 starting now

3. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Fück! Those bastards scored.

4. bumbleBeeVB

bumbleBeeVB Member+

Aug 6, 2014
    NYC
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This looks like a game from klopps last season.

5. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Apart from the table position, this season looks like his last season.

6. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Result confirmed... Easy fixture, lazy and weak mental/physical display. Totally deserved lost.

7. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Long live long ball BVB.

8. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    The bad results are pilling on for TT's record. I haven't seen anything special with TT at the helm. Not saying he should go (yet?), just saying I don't see a mastermind at work or in development here.

kbvb repped this.
  9. chewz

chewz Member+

Sep 13, 2012
    Toronto
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Honestly looked like we missed Schmelzer on the left flank, Burnic looked lost.

10. Arlo

Arlo Member

Nov 9, 2005
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    if tuchel stays for another season after this summer i dont know if ill be able to cope watching this team play

astrophyz repped this.
  11. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Agreed he rotated all season + injury. But my point is he didn't in the last 8 days. We got away with it against Hertha but not today.

12. thisisthelife

thisisthelife Member

Nov 1, 2015
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    Pathetic display from us. We are playing like a relegation team. Persistent meddling with formations and personnel, lack of any consistency and this is the result. Why was Burnic even playing? Abysmal throughout the whole match. And yet, Merino is not given a proper chance. Madness. Auba's mind is clearly miles away from Dortmund. Reus needs serious work on his finishing. RG is still being played as a CM - another idiotic decision from TT. When will he realize that he is not a №8, but a LB? When will we buy a proper one? When will we buy a good CB, instead of scrubs like Bartra, Ginter and Toprak from next season? No sense of urgency, nothing whatsoever. Inexcusable behaviour from everybody involved and all of that with the very real threat of missing out on the CL next season looming over our heads...

13. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Of course... Good teams always find a way

14. DortmundXXX

DortmundXXX Member

Mar 15, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I just don't understand.

15. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    What a disgrace. This defense is just unreal. Was their really a need for this setup with these players?
    Falling behind a second time totally deflated the team. There wasn't much creativity after that and without someone pulling the strings, it was awful to watch.
    Kagawa did his best but we can add this game to the large pile of games lost because of an awful defense and the lack of an 8 or whatever would help this team to actually follow a gameplan.

16. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I want to bash Tuchel's head.

17. iversteins93

iversteins93 Member

Oct 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Vietnam
    Me right now. :)

[​IMG]

18. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    IMO Tuchel should definitely be in the hot seat as of right now. A Champions League spot is at stake and missing out would be catastrophic.

astrophyz and MatthausSammer repped this.
  19. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Terrible day of football for me. This is another loss solely on Tuchel's head. He doesn't know how to manage a big team. I think he should go in the summer.

20. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Here's hoping TT leaves for Arsenal so we can get a more practical coach like Nagelsmann. If you can't buy good players nor improve the the squad you've got then you need to go.

21. Dave46

Dave46 Member+

Nov 30, 2013
    Las Vegas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Armenia
    Well, dunno what to say. I like Tuchel, but he needs to get results. I blame Watzke. Being cheap on tge market for 8.

Liquid1010, chewz and bvbSlash repped this.
  22. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I like Tuchel too, and I don't think the blame falls entirely on him either for this season, but if Dortmund doesn't achieve top four again it may be time to evaluate the direction of the club and it may mean more than just Tuchel needs to go.

23. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    They went and splashed out 30 million euros because Tuchel demanded him. Then Tuchel places Schurrle behind Pulisic and sometimes even Durm in the pecking order.

It was Tuchel that wanted Rode for 14 million. Enough said about that.

It's Tuchel who actually wasn't bothered about an 8, because he wanted to copy his mate Pep and play 2/3 of Kagawa/Castro/Gotze, because playing two 10s in a 4-1-4-1 is such a great formation.

He has rotated tactics and the team stupidly all season and today is actually a day he should have rotated and he plays exhausted players. What the hell was he doing play Burnic? Why play the 3-4-3? Pulisic at wing back? Raphael in midfield?

24. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I am so sick and tired of blaming the coach and the players. So we've changed coaches, we've changed players and the guys at the top who make the decisions are still there and so are these disappointing results. Why is BVB, a club that's expected to compete perennially in the CL, compete with the best in the BL for titles struggling to make the top 4? We've got the biggest brand in Germany, an excellent brand internationally, attracting the best youngsters, amongst the top 11 in revenues and yet we suck. None of the clubs we compete with have such an awful transfer and player retention policy. Two of the last 3 seasons have been a struggle to reach top 4 and we failed the last time around.

We had an incredible season last year. Watzke should have been the first one on his knees to kiss Hummels and Miki's asses to keep them at BVB. He failed. His budgeting and salary allocation is flawed. Last summer we should have have kept those 2 and replaced Gundogan with Tielemans, Dahoud etc. Demebele, Mor, Merino, Gurreiro and Isak are all fine purchases but Rode, Schurrle, Castro and now Toprak are all terrible and expensive mistakes.

Watzke needs to go. Let him find a club that's bankrupt and help them out. But a top club needs a top chief and this guy, despite being a local, is not upto scratch.

25. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    TT is certainly at fault but let's not forget that we have a technical director who needs to keep in mind that should TT leave, we are stuck with the player and contract for years. You can get rid of TT but we've still got these average squad players like Castro who should be playing for clubs like Augsburg. That's purely on Zorc. We didn't start buying inadequate players since we hired TT. This has been going on for quite some time. Jojic, Kampl, Persisic, Schieber, Immobile, Zidan, Valdez were all bought way before TT.