(2016.09.06) FIFA World Cup Qualifier: Thailand vs Japan

Discussion in 'Japan' started by Dax, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Interiores

Interiores Member

East Tokyo United
    Japan
    Jun 3, 2016
    Japan
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    The pitch was crap though. Wonder if this is Mourinho-esque treat from the host for us.

2. Drew1404

Drew1404 Member

Aug 25, 2014
    Yeah, another uninspiring performance so far. Kagawa once again failing to turn up. I think Gotoku sakai has been Japans best player, he's made some serious improvements to his game! :O

3. Interiores

Interiores Member

East Tokyo United
    Japan
    Jun 3, 2016
    Japan
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Watching Japan NT played these days. i can help but think that we need to scrutinize our coaching manual at youth level. We shouldn't do a meaningless short passing game modelled after Spanish NT anymore. Instead we should improve our positional play. That's why i'm excited hearing Bielsa's name swirling around after dismal World Cup campaign. We should put a hold on producing Iniestas, Silvas, or Kagawas and start producing Busquets, Weigls, Kimmichs, and Mkhitaryans. We need player that can produce connection to improve our spacing and structure.

Samurai Warrior repped this.
  4. Interiores

Interiores Member

East Tokyo United
    Japan
    Jun 3, 2016
    Japan
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Asano's diagonal run from DF blindspot was joy to watch

5. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Good game, but what's with the poor finishing? Its worse than usual!

seolseol repped this.
  6. Drew1404

Drew1404 Member

Aug 25, 2014
    Where are the substitutes? This is hard to watch, and look Thailand nearly scored! If that had went in...

7. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Finally! Asano!

8. Interiores

Interiores Member

East Tokyo United
    Japan
    Jun 3, 2016
    Japan
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  9. Interiores

Interiores Member

East Tokyo United
    Japan
    Jun 3, 2016
    Japan
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Defence collapse for no obvious reason:ROFLMAO:

10. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I'm yet to see the match but 2-0 seems just in line with my expectation

11. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yamato Damashii repped this.
  12. gamban98

gamban98 Member

Dec 7, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    GET RID OF KAGAWA

Whispered11 repped this.
  13. Drew1404

Drew1404 Member

Aug 25, 2014
    good result but the performances of the last two games leaves a lot to be desired.

seolseol repped this.
  14. Yamato Damashii

Urawa Red Diamonds
    Japan
    Jun 17, 2015
    Australia
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Hahaha couldn't have said it better myself. Yap Japan NT not much different from a J2 team.

15. Yamato Damashii

Urawa Red Diamonds
    Japan
    Jun 17, 2015
    Australia
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    They have been good at winning PK this campaign with all 3 goals from the 2 games coming from the spot. Hmmm

16. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    part of me laughs but at the same time, it looks like there are still a good bunch of guys with unrealistic expectations over Japan. A win is a win and a 2-0 win away is a solid win. You can't always play like Brazil.
    South Korea just drew 0-0 with Syria.

teioh and Drew1404 repped this.
  17. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The result is fine but the performance was pretty bad IMO. Maybe the awful field conditions and the fear of being caught on the counter were factors - attacks through the center were nonexistent, and they never got enough bodies in the 18. I was hoping for a more belligerent team and never saw it. MOM Haraguchi.

18. Interiores

Interiores Member

East Tokyo United
    Japan
    Jun 3, 2016
    Japan
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    #43 Interiores, Sep 6, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
    Is it that unrealistic for Japan to improve their positional play?

Surely better connections across the pitch wouldn't hurt as it will lead to less hoofing cross across the box, only for the ball reaching no man's land and finally it will be more nice to watch than disjointed team like this. We surely capable of that, as we've played close to that before. problem is, we didn't manage to bring that sort of play into the next level, sadly it got worse, we regressed.

I'd be satisfied if we win 2-0 but with more cohesiveness in the team. This 2-0 while it would be the same result with same outcome, 3 points in the bag, is just didn't feel satisfying, considering how we played our match. And unless we win convincingly against this kind of team, it will be hard to imagine, how we can perform well at the world stage.

Just watch the game Dax, and let's see your verdict after that.

19. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    More of the same - horrible finishing and absurd refereeing. I think they said it was the same ref from that famous Syria match (2011 asian cup)..

20. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    This should be preserved

[​IMG]

21. Drew1404

Drew1404 Member

Aug 25, 2014
    I really think Japan need a shibisaki type player in there in the midfield, someone to string things together. Endo was the best Japan had in this position, and he was a cornerstone to a lot of Japans free flowing play. Right now in those positions it's Hasebe, who is dogged, but going forward I always see him lobbing rushed poor quality crosses into the box. Yamaguchi is at j2 level but I think oshima will improve in time, otherwise who is there?

I think a player like that brings the best out of the forward players who right now are playing well under their level. I love Kagawa but he represents nothing of Japans kagawa from a few years ago.

22. Drew1404

Drew1404 Member

Aug 25, 2014
    Seriously, what happened to this guy?

Whispered11 and seolseol repped this.
  23. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    He was great when he started his carrer in JNT. But yes, there's a level difference in his performances on the club and international level. This could be said after his 6 years in the blue shirt. And unfortunately no one knows why that's happening.

Drew1404 repped this.
  24. NaohiroTakahara

NaohiroTakahara Member+

Nov 12, 2013
    A really important question....why a Shibasaki Type player ? Why not Shibasaki himself ? He was every game great i watched him for JNT and this season, his stats are reading awesome. Dont know why he is not even in the stands ? I remember him at the asian cup, he was soo great and even Japan was loosing in quarter finals against UAE...the football Japan plays under Aguiere was very cool. So agressiv and offensifely, the were playing like a angry dog with heart ! This was one of Japans coolest styles ever !

Shibasaki is what JNT needs, is he ? He and Hasebe togehter in central/def midlefield would be awesome or am I wrong ? This would soluse many problem

Drew1404 repped this.
  25. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    If you cut off Kagawa nothing will improve. Kiyotake was poor, Usami is barely a supersub. The point is there's no alternative to Kagawa who can be in the good day and play an awesome match, as we expect since 2011.

The new Endo is a more problematic and important point. I think Valhid will try a lot of players from now till 2018, Shibasaki (or the old Nakamura Kengo?) will have his chance, hope he does not waste that call.