(2016.06.03) Kirin Challenge Cup : Japan vs Bulgaria

Discussion in 'Japan' started by naopon, Jun 3, 2016.

1. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    It takes 20 seconds to type that you know...

Not anymore

Interesting theory (which I wish was true also for those who sack coaches after few results, and in general those who have power in football) but how do the changes a coach makes ultimately matter (for the fans, especially) if not by doing well in the competitions\matches you're tasked? Genuine question.

teioh repped this.
  2. Drew1404

Drew1404 Member

Aug 25, 2014
    True but like I said they recently went to Portugal and got a 1-0 win, a team which is in the Euro's and has a great history. They are no mugs, they had a lot of the ball, Japan were just too strong for them.

gamban98 and seolseol repped this.
  3. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    There's a correlation between internet use and libido I heard (I feel it). Either way the argument was so ridiculous that, eh.

OneiroPhobia repped this.
  4. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  5. Interiores

Interiores Member

East Tokyo United
    Japan
    Jun 3, 2016
    Japan
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    #55 Interiores, Jun 3, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
    I like at how we make a certain vertical pass today, one moment when Yoshida was being pressed, and his body angle is at disadvantage, he still manage to make a pass that resulting in our counter attack, not simply make some no-nonsense clearence, that's improvement, i'm happy that we didn't concedes possession that easily in those condition. And they also used half-space efficiently. But still one or two lousy defending that need to be adressed quickly. BIH are certainly tougher opponents, but their team are not that cohesive anyway, but still Pjanic is a great Footballers, so...:)

Yes, but, a certain Italia and Croatia who did managed to qualify for euros didn't manage o tore Bulgaria apart like we did today. Sure, jetlag or certain impending sunbathing maybe did have a certain impact, but surely, they are not that bad as you suggesting though.

Drew1404 and gamban98 repped this.
  6. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Don't know, I don't see any correlation apart from the fact that one can't have sex in a office but I can have internet haha. The argument was ridiculous, which is why I had fun posting in rhymes instead of pointing it out directly. ;)

Has Vahid said anything post-match? I had to cut after the last goal

Ah, so like Zac with the 3-4-3. Guess both experiments failed lol

7. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    Okada was experimenting before the WC, that was why he had the result that he had in 2010.

8. faiyez

faiyez Member

Feb 16, 2010
    Costa Rica
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    So our defense is still garbage.

Samurai Warrior, teioh and gamban98 repped this.
  9. Interiores

Interiores Member

East Tokyo United
    Japan
    Jun 3, 2016
    Japan
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Unfortunately yes. Conceding cheap goals not one but two and one more PK, surely not a good sign

10. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    Being jet lagged is a key factor, about Italy struggling with Bulgaria you are right, but that is not a surprise to me; we always struggle against mediocre teams when we faced them in the beginning of the season, cause the players are rusty. Bulgaria can give you trouble in their homeland, not when they play away...expecially playing in Japan.

11. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    great, we used up all our goals again...
    And as mentioned, Eiji made another PK stop to disguise the 2 easy ones he let in.

12. Drew1404

Drew1404 Member

Aug 25, 2014
    I'm not sure, you often see huge scorelines like 7-1. 6-1 etc. For example the South Korea Spain match the other day,a consolation goal making it 6-1. The second goal was scored when Japan's team was completely changed and it was poor defending by the substitute Endo.

gamban98 repped this.
  13. Interiores

Interiores Member

East Tokyo United
    Japan
    Jun 3, 2016
    Japan
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    #63 Interiores, Jun 3, 2016
    Yes, South Korea been raped by Spain is certainly mainly because they were being jet lagged. If they didn't, they should've not been beaten by such an embarassing score, because surely they're not that bad, no?

Yes, maybe i'm just being greedy, afterall. But there's definitely room for improvement. Their pressing is still inconsistant that lead to some easy diagonal switch that luckily were badly executed by the Bulgarians.

14. HomokHarcos

HomokHarcos Member+

Jul 2, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #TeamKawaguchi

15. Interiores

Interiores Member

East Tokyo United
    Japan
    Jun 3, 2016
    Japan
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    #TeamNarazaki

O yes, and how did everyone in here rate Kobayashi Yu's debut today?

HomokHarcos repped this.
  16. HomokHarcos

HomokHarcos Member+

Jul 2, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't like it when this team gets my hopes up.

Drew1404 repped this.
  17. Interiores

Interiores Member

East Tokyo United
    Japan
    Jun 3, 2016
    Japan
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Haha, yes, certain things happened when we outplayed the Dutch in a neutral place and beaten Belgium away from home in a Mondiali 2014 prep. But fingers crossed that it does end well this time. Hey, it's just Bulgaria, afterall. We shouldn't dwelling with some overjoyment just because of this.

HomokHarcos repped this.
  18. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    No reason to be worried until the world cup comes anyway.
    Even the next qualifiers are, sadly, not a big indicator (unless we 7-2 everyone haha), especially given the low quality of the opponents, compared to the world cup. And at the same time, even a bad performance prior to it wouldn't necessarily reflect on the world cup itself (Costa Rica didn't exactly look too good before...)

At the moment I'd just like to see how the team will evolve in the next 2 years even though sadly there's no Conf. Cup to play. Hope the JFA starts scheduling "big" friendlies soon =)

Drew1404 and takeuchi repped this.
  19. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    Spain vs South Korea did indeed turn ugly for the koreans, but has to be said that the 1 a 0 was a superb freekick by David Silva and the 2 a 0 an embarassing mistake,everything in a few minutes. I bet that if Japan, Iran and other asian powers would have come to play european top national teams in europe...the result would be very, very similar to the korean one.

20. Drew1404

Drew1404 Member

Aug 25, 2014
    Aside from Spain, since I've never seen the two play, I think Japan is capable of beating any team in the world, aside from Brazil, who I think they have a mental weakness against and just get overpowered. But the problem is belief and being mentally strong, these top teams have over 100 years of history and depth, Japan have been playing catch up since they took things seriously in the 1990's but boy are they catching up fast.

21. Kenbi

Kenbi Member

Nov 10, 2011
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  22. faiyez

faiyez Member

Feb 16, 2010
    Costa Rica
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    #72 faiyez, Jun 3, 2016
    The Spain result came down to that goalkeeper being rubbish. Once again, you keep pushing this narrative of Asian teams being utterly inept and hapless to European opposition, when that is simply not the case.

As for me, Japan's 7-2 drubbing is really of very little significance, and I suggest you don't give friendly results so much weight.

Samurai Warrior and takeuchi repped this.
  23. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    France - Japan 0-1
    Netherlands - Japan 2-2
    Belgium - Japan 2-3
    all played in their nations

So no, not necessarily. Japan seems to do better against European sides than South americans

maybe that's a stretch, but I can agree that the potential for an upset is there when everything clicks, I'm thinking about the infamous match against Italy.

Drew1404 repped this.
  24. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    The result in France was impressive, as the other two... when did Japan played them? Recently netherlands is not a top team, while Belgium its just a potential big team. To me, in europe, the big teams are Germany, Spain and France.

25. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    They were played at the end of 2013, just a bit before the last world cup. Ned wasn't a shitty as now yet :)

Btw, nobody has mentioned that Honda was missing today... he's always been fundamental but I wonder. Good old 4-2-3-1 lookin' good so as usual if Kagawa plays he has to be moved somewhere else