Rumor: 2015 Viola Summer Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Fiorentina' started by MutuILFenomeno, May 18, 2015.

1. fightingswans

fightingswans Member

May 31, 2007
    vermont
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    A couple of quotes from incoming players caught my eye.

Don't know much about Verdu but this was pretty cool:
    "Four or five years ago I was here in Coverciano during pre-season with Espanyol when my team-mate Daniel Jarque was suddenly struck by illness. So I decided to pay homage to him by choosing his number, 21"

I didn't even realize that Jarque died in Firenze. Then there was this from Kuba:

“I’ll work to learn Italian, for now all I know is ‘buona sera’ and ‘forza Viola’.”

panicfc and MutuILFenomeno repped this.
  2. MutuILFenomeno

MutuILFenomeno Member+

Jan 25, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    According to reports, Paulo Sousa is specifically asking for Benfica defender Lisandro Lopez. I asked my Benfica supporting friend about him and he says he's a good defender and would start more if Jardel wasn't playing so well.

3. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Fiorentina defender Davide Astori admits he was “too cautious” during his loan spell at Roma last year.

The centre-back was on loan to the Giallorossi from Cagliari, but the capital club opted not to make the move permanent this summer.

The 28-year-old then joined the Viola, and admits he could have done more during his time with the Lupi.

“Could I have stayed?” Astori considered in an interview with Sky.

“That’s a question for the club, I’m sure if I’d stayed I could have given more. Adapting to a club like Roma isn’t easy, the mistake I made was being too cautious.

“I had to be more assertive and authoritative. It’s a mistake I didn’t make this year.”
    Football-Italia

MutuILFenomeno repped this.
  4. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Astori new what he was doing. He was like fck the bullshit I need to go to a real team lol