2015 USC

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by Glove Stinks, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Glove Stinks

Glove Stinks Member+

Jan 20, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Okay...best as I can see, there has never really been a USC Season thread. With the transfer of Morgan Andrews and a few other noteworthy additions, I think it may be worthy of some discussion.
    It has been mentioned in other general threads, but I think it is time to give proper credit to Coach McAlpine for what he has accomplished in basically 12 months. Hired at the first of the year 2014, he got to work immediately. Faced with a semi dysfunctional squad that was packed with walk ons, he made it clear in spring that everyone was competing to keep their locker. Add on a couple of high quality transfers (Sammy Prudome..GK from Oregon State who had to sit) and another in Reilly Parker from North Carolina, who, when healthy, was one of their best on the pitch. The dysfunction seemed to melt away through a great turnaround season for the program.
    On the recruiting trail, KM and his staff seem to be locking in some excellent talent. The 2016 class in particular is dotted with some of the countries standouts with 5 of the 7 recruits having been into the YNT system. This class is also rumored to have an international YNT player coming in as well.
    All in all, KM has, in a very short time, revitalized a former National Champion and brought USC back to relevance...Congrats to him and his staff

2. LockDownD

LockDownD Red Card

Jan 26, 2015
    Their 2016 class is top 5 quality in my opinion. KM is doing a great job.