2015 U20 World Cup in New Zealand

Discussion in 'Oceania' started by msilverstein47, Aug 15, 2013.

1. AllWhitebeliever

AllWhitebeliever Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2006
    On the injury table
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    New Zealand
    Quite excited and looking forward to the tournament. Although somehow the youth buzz wouldn't start until the 2014 Brazil World Cup is finished in this nick of the woods. If the All Whites wins the playoffs and get though to Brazil then it would be a great introduction to the U20s in the following year. With the recent freeview Sommet Sport channel 14 showing the German and English Football leagues plus EPL game of the week and highlights on TV1, then the normal NZ public are getting plenty of satisfaction and football sport savy and would increase the gate sales in the long run. Rugby has to take the backseat with FIFA wanting the top venues in shipshape conditions. The Ruggers has to sit out in smaller venues and may have to fit in a break in their season while the Football takes priority. Details to iron out in due time . . .

2. AllWhitebeliever

AllWhitebeliever Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2006
    On the injury table
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    New Zealand
    May-June is the middle of the winter. Snow does not happen much in the South Island. Dunedin has a indoor stadium built to the same specifications as the Beijing Olympic Venues because it's the same company. Last time I heard is that after the Christchurch earthquake, they building toward another indoor stadium like Dunedin.

3. dinamo_zagreb

dinamo_zagreb Member+

Jun 27, 2010
    San Jose, CA / Zagreb, Croatia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    I can't wait to see NZL hosting major men's competition. I am sure it will be organized like never before.

I am in job quest and NZL is option so I might watch 2015 WC in NZL in person. :laugh: