2015 Illinois State Cup

Discussion in 'Girls Youth Soccer' started by VolklP19, May 1, 2015.

1. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    Weekest ever???

Check out these brackets

This is like looking at a Watermelon Schedule!

What's going on here - Eclipse sends a WHITE team in???

Lyons Township?

2. illinisoccer

illinisoccer Member

Aug 15, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Many of the boys team do US Club since that organization has few rules about adding players to your roster and moving players around amongst your player pool.

Recently the eclipse has been stacking one location after the draw. One year their NW Indiana group had the easiest draw so the put all the best u13 players on that roster for State Cup.

Lyons Township has a very good u15 boys team. State semifinal at u13 and finalists at u14. Thy play in the top mrl division along with Libertyville. The u14 won the state premiership in the fall. Not a great team but when you remove the sockers, magic, inferno, downers grove completely from most ages of state cup it allows typically middle of the road clubs to fill in the gaps.

3. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    Got it... I've only been at USClub regionals - so I am not keeping up. I will have to.

Good to hear about Lyons!

Thanks

4. illinisoccer

illinisoccer Member

Aug 15, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    LTSC u15 is into the semifinals getting past whatever the Magic preacademy is. Huge under dogs vs Chicago Fire Raiders thing

5. VolklP19

VolklP19 Member+

Jun 23, 2010
    Illinois
    did you see the game thanks for posting

6. illinisoccer

illinisoccer Member

Aug 15, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Did not. Heard LTSC probably should have won. They are pretty good for a community club. They tied the Sporting KC academy a few weeks ago