2015 Gold Cup (R)

Discussion in 'Gold Cup' started by Sebsasour, Aug 11, 2014.

1. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Independent Republic of the Bronx, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    More class by Jamaica and Mexican players than you. Anyway, I notice you didn't comment on the post showing Concacaf admitting that the Ref got it wrong and ********ed up the game. Which is the least they can do or what you expect since they rigged it.

How is playing the Gold Cup home field advantage only for the the USA. The Mexican turnout for games is ridiculous. You act like Mexican fans don't flood these stadiums. Maybe if Mexican fans can show up to games that feature other countries not named Mexico in Mexico then maybe they would deserve to host one. Just saying.

artielange84 repped this.
  2. MK3owner

MK3owner Member

Jul 26, 2010
    Kissimmee FL.
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Yawn..

Didnt see any post about that, qoute it so I can give you my opinion on the matter, since youre so interested.

Do you have proof it was rigged? or are you speaking out of your ass?

"How is playing the Gold Cup home field advantage only for the the USA" Look at a map.

Awesome logic. So you agree with CCAF's corruption, in having the Gold cup in the Country that will generate the most profit? How classy of you:rolleyes::rolleyes:

moonrocks, lucas barton and JJV1994 repped this.
  3. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    Of course you know that the FMF absolutely LOVES having the tournament in the US because it not only has a decent home-field advantage, but they can make stacks upon stacks of cash from it. Crocodile tears about the US home-field advantage are just that - Mexico has at least as big of a home-field advantage.

Unak78 and moonrocks repped this.
  4. MK3owner

MK3owner Member

Jul 26, 2010
    Kissimmee FL.
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Ive never spoken to any of the FMF top dogs. Do they love money? of course, just like any other federation.
    I personally, couldnt care less if the FMF loses money, as long as the hosting of the cup is fair to ALL nations.

So what if Mexico can get a decent backing in the US? Its not the same as playing in Mexico. And of course all the other countries get screwed. Other teams can never have any sort of homefield advantage when they play the US or Mexico. And in turn the US and Mexico never face adverse support in the Cup.

Unak78 repped this.
  5. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Amazing that you can make a post and then the next post after that contradicting your argument, you amazingly forget to read or miss, its on page 31, if you don't believe me.

PabloSanDiego, Yesterday at 1:10 PM

Now as for your argument that
    Here are where mexico played its GC games
    Mexico [​IMG] 6–0 [​IMG] Cuba
    Soldier Field, Chicago - Chicago – Over 1.5 million of Mexican ancestry in the Chicago metropolitan area[66] and the fourth largest Mexican community in the USA
    Guatemala [​IMG] 0–0 [​IMG] Mexico
    University of Phoenix Stadium, Glendale. Glendale is 10 miles away from Phoenix, essentially a suburb of Phoenix, Arizona – fifth largest Mexican-American population.
    Mexico [​IMG] 4–4 [​IMG] Trinidad and Tobago
    Bank of America Stadium, Charlotte as per the Latino post http://www.latinpost.com/articles/4...-hispanic-emerging-markets-in-the-country.htm They made up about 5% of the population in 2010

Knockout stage were played in
    East Rutherford - Come on bro do you need the numbers?!? It is just outside of NYC and in North Jersey. Mexico has played friendlies there ffs.
    Atlanta - Mexican 314,351 6.0% higher percentage than Charlotte and this was in 2010
    Philadelphia -As of the 2010 census, there were 187,611 Latinos and Hispanics in Philadelphia, constituting over 12 percent of the city's population. 5th largest city in the US and a two hour drive from NYC for a Mexican team to see their team in the final.

All of my stuff is from Wiki so take from it what you will. The GC in the USA maybe not be in Canada's favor or Haiti but you are talking out of your ass to say it doesn't favor Mexico.

Wait now you say CCAF is corrupt but do you have proof because you can't just choose when to claim CCAF is corrupt since apparently they weren't corrupt in your second sentence.
    In the end, I know your trolling but I got time on my hands so proving you are a trolling seems worth my time for now.

6. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    The USA has the highest Jamaican and Haitian population outside of those countries. So Mexico doesn't have a 100 percent all Mexican crowd, such a shame.

7. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    Let's try to have the next one in the Cayman Islands, shall we?

If FMF thought it were unfair, they'd demand changes rather than actively participating in the "farce", no?

I didn't say it was. Mexico hosting was tried twice before. It's been abandoned since.

I would be curious to see who other than the US, Canada, Mexico, and MAYBE Costa Rica could credibly host the tournament.

The US nearly does, but that's nothing new.

8. MK3owner

MK3owner Member

Jul 26, 2010
    Kissimmee FL.
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I dont know what you are trying to say by posting that post, that has nothing to do with What were talking about. Could you make it more clear why you quoted a post In which Im calling out another poster about something totally unrelated to this issue.

Last time I checked the MNT wasnt based out of Chicago, Phoenix, Charlotte, NYC/New Jersey, Atlanta or Philly. Again you should pick up a map.

I didnt see the post, but just like the guy who posted that mentioned, They didnt say which calls they refer to. So you cant say with 100% certainty it was the PK.

It doesnt favor Mexico in a way a Gold cup in Mexico does, you know, a true home field advantage.

I never said CCAF wasnt corrupt, I asked you for proof that the cup was rigged. Smarty pants( and no I dont have proof CCAF is corrupt, just like you dont have proof the Cup was rigged.)

You think im trolling. Thats fine by me.
    Yup, thats my point.

9. MK3owner

MK3owner Member

Jul 26, 2010
    Kissimmee FL.
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

10. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    1) I am saying how do you miss the post right after your post. It seems a little convenient, like someone directly not addressing a point because they have no answer.

2) The MNT is not based out of those areas but they damn sure enjoy strong support, greater support than any other country.

3) They didn't say which calls. So are you being deliberately obtuse because if a game with controversial calls occured and the FA says mistakes were made, you want to say, it was the calls that didn't affect the outcome. In your whole sporting life as a player and as a fan, have you ever know a Governing body to throw a ref under the bus. Seriously, you are just shameful.

4) So it should be 100 percent mexican and no fans from anywhere else because that is what you get. The USA is the most Multi-cultural (read nations with people from all over) nation out of all the CCAF nations giving each nation a chance to draw a decent attendance and has the facilities to host. The only other nations that have the facilities to host are Mexico, which is not multi-cultural and as we have seen the clashes between fans in the US makes for a dangerous mix. Canada is the only other nation that has the facilities and is diverse enough to host. The question would be turnout.

5) I know you don't have proof that is my point. You call CCAF corrupt for only hosting it in Mexico with no proof but then you demand proof when I say the fix was in. So take a pick.

6) See point 4. and Furthermore, have you seen the fields at these other nations?? Common to not host in the USA would take a combined effort of three small nations. Say what you will but at least holding it in America gives every nation some legit fan support as oppose to none, if it was held in Mexico. Actually maybe Guatemala and Honduras could get some good fans.

11. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
  12. PabloSanDiego

PabloSanDiego Member+

West Ham United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well I'm the guy who posted it, and this is what I said:

The CONCACAF quote includes this: "officiating errors had been made during Wednesday’s match and that these impacted the outcome of the game."

obviously they're referring to the red card and/or PK calls. CONCACAF is not going to go to this truly extraordinary step of making a statement like this (when have you ever seen this before?) about any other calls. They're not going to make a statement like this about some foul or yellow card that didn't affect the match, it was the major calls. And note in the CONCACAF statement they say "errors" not "an error", as in plural, they admit there was more than one bad call that "impacted the outcome of the game".

13. JohnnyFutbol

JohnnyFutbol Member+

Nov 5, 2009
    Haddonfield
    Club:
    Club Tigres de la UANL
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    So much salt.

Mexico could have won every game 10-0 and yinz would still complain

sore losers much?

christ

lul

JJV1994 and MK3owner repped this.
  14. MK3owner

MK3owner Member

Jul 26, 2010
    Kissimmee FL.
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Maybe, you cant be certain though.

15. MK3owner

MK3owner Member

Jul 26, 2010
    Kissimmee FL.
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I've yet to see a Panamanian, cry about this Cup, half as much as so many USMT supporters. Kind of hard to take their false sense of indignation seriously.
    Sourgrapes.

16. PabloSanDiego

PabloSanDiego Member+

West Ham United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    gimme a break, just google panama football gold cup officiating and you'll get dozens of hits. here's just a few off the first page from my google search.

http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/...s-gold-cup-refereeing-embarrassing-insulting/

http://www.espnfc.us/concacaf-gold-...ma-mexico-game-was-fixed-says-panama-fa-chief

http://www.sportingnews.com/soccer/...-corruption-investigation-mexico-fifa-fepafut

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/25/sports/soccer/gold-cup-match-fixed-panama-official-says.html?_r=0

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/s...cup-refereeing-embarrassing-article-1.2302204

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/spor...up-semi-final-refereeing--insulting-_19220254

if you mean here on Big Soccer....well this is hardly the primary place that Panamanians come to post and discuss things! Come to think of it, I've never seen a single Panamanian post anything on here.

and this picture?

[​IMG]

Unak78 and nfiniti repped this.
  17. MK3owner

MK3owner Member

Jul 26, 2010
    Kissimmee FL.
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Yes, I meant on Bigsoccer. The last thing I want to do is lookup what a bunch of Panamanians, are bitching about, on the net.

JJV1994 repped this.
  18. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I'll just leave this here...

[​IMG]

@mv670

JJV1994 repped this.
  19. icybauer

icybauer Member+

Aug 8, 2011
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
  20. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Absolutely making those 3 PKs was huge. Now whether the calls made to put him on the spot had to be made is another.

Unak78 and artielange84 repped this.
  21. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    We are certain. As I posted before what sporting body do you has ever hung a ref out to dry and said specifically these calls made here changed the game. In baseball, basketball, hockey, American football, rugby and so on. Never have I seen it nor will you see it. The only time I saw it was in American football and that was the ref writing a public apology for getting it wrong. Fox sports' former FIFA ref analyser said, he could see the red card as justifiable and the 2nd PK in the Panama game but the first PK was a bad call.

Dr. Joe Machnik analyzes controversial calls from Panama vs. Mexico -2015 CONCACAF Gold Cup
    • 4 days ago

artielange84 repped this.
  22. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Mexico may not be as diverse as USA is, but they still have expatriates and immigrants from the rest of North and Central America, as well as the Caribbean. I'm sure fans from outside Mexico would make the effort to fly to Mexico and watch the games. I mean, the other confederations all rotates hosts and can still get the numbers they need ffs.

It's so frustrating to see how much of a joke the Gold Cup is, having it every 2 years only in USA. Football in CONCACAF cannot improve with the way things are right now. :mad:

Playing in Mexico isn't remotely the same as playing in USA. I bet USMNT would have a harder time playing Mexico in playing in Estadio Azteca compared to, say, RFK Stadium. Heck, USMNT and Mexico have both struggled in the past to defeat El Salvador at Estadio Cuscatlan.

As for Mexican fans showing up to games that feature other countries not named Mexico in Mexico, how can we know for sure unless Mexico ACTUALLY gets to host?

23. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    As said before, there are 3 countries that can host the GC alone. When you take Mexico out the mix since their fans even flood doubleheaders in the US, here is the attendence of other nations. Can you guarantee such diversity

[​IMG]

24. Sakuragi

Sakuragi Member+

Mar 23, 2005
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    The best team of the tournament won, simple as that.

25. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    Learn to quote better.

So who of the "entire Caribbean" gets left out as a playing participant? How do you ensure that there are sufficient stadiums capable of handling a major, monthlong tournament?

The FMF is your footballing representative on the international stage, whether you like it or not. They DO speak to the competition and financial aspects of Mexican football. They realize they have a huge expatriate community to cater to.

You'll have to ask the major players in that. I'm guessing it's because they didn't find it worth it.

I'm guessing that all but two and a half fail a cost-benefit analysis.