[2015 FIFA U-17 World Cup: Round of 16] Korea vs Belgium 2015/10/28 [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Jitevra, Oct 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KyopoOhNo

KyopoOhNo Member+

Aug 3, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Reminds me of this:

[​IMG]

2. KyopoOhNo

KyopoOhNo Member+

Aug 3, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  3. soccerboy37

soccerboy37 Member+

Jan 17, 2009
    Maryland
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    BSH current is and will be levels above LSW in the future. LSW's poor attitude and mentality will continue to bring him down. Also was not impressive at all throughout the tournament

4. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    For further perspective, Germany just went out weakly too. S*** happens in tournaments with KIDS.

Some of the moaning in this thread is just unreal.

komina12345, Kanuck, HojuSaram and 6 others repped this.
  5. heyheyhe11

heyheyhe11 Member+

Oct 1, 2009
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Great learning experience for the young players to the coaching staffs. When u-20 World Cup rolls around in two yrs, this should help them. And help when the players reach the u-23, full senior team. Get emotional, let everything come out, and start anew tomorrow.

6. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    once he gets back to club level, he will shine.

7. wrecklesssoldier

Feb 20, 2005
    I wish Lee Seungwoo
    As much as I hate Lee Seungwoo's petulant tactics and behavior, you're grossly exaggerating.
    The kid has been banned for 2+ years and has only been playing during friendly tournaments.

Truth is, no one knows what will happen to Lee Seungwoo. Only time will tell.

brood915, The Hyphen and 12th Player repped this.
  8. doraemon

doraemon Member+

Jan 9, 2010
    LSW touch and shot were clearly far from 100% but he still found ways to contribute to the team. In my opinion, that's really all we need to know about him as far as this tournament goes.

His cockiness might be off-putting, but you have to understand that he's just a kid who's trying to become a man, in the public eye no less. Judging from how he interacts with other players on the pitch, he doesn't seem like a bad kid. I think you should go a little easier on him.

brood915, The Hyphen and 12th Player repped this.
  9. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    He's head and shoulders above with ball skills holding ball in tight space passing defenders... All the stuff that k players lack so desperately. He's doing fine.

10. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    Based on what?

11. LDG20

LDG20 Member

Chelsea
    South Korea
    Jul 2, 2007
    Toronto
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    The biggest problem is that they were so inconsistent in stringing a couple of passes together and some passes were so telegraphic... That should not be a problem at the u17 national level.

12. G0ALL

G0ALL Member

Dec 13, 2005
    U.S.
    Bsh never really stood out to me but idk that much about him.

Lsw had a mediocre tournament but I think most people kind of expected it. If you ban Messi or ronaldo from playing for 2 years and then have them play in the world cup, they would probably look like a shadow of their selves. And were talking about a teenager who is still learning the game here.

nmssis repped this.
  13. G0ALL

G0ALL Member

Dec 13, 2005
    U.S.
    #263 G0ALL, Oct 30, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2015
    i thought in this tournament he was pretty good. i remember when a player got in his face, lsw tried to placate him. The whole tournament, he tried to play a team game..he shot less, defended alot. THink his 'poor sttitude' thing is an exaggeration

Btw good guy messi has thrown tantrums before too in training. so do most other top level athletes. i love to be in your fantasy world where good guys prevail and bad guys dont in sports no offense

The Hyphen repped this.
  14. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Beckham seems like a genuinely nice guy, so does Scholes. They excelled.

15. G0ALL

G0ALL Member

Dec 13, 2005
    U.S.
    I remember when Beckham threw a tantrum and got into it with lcy once. This means he has an attitude problem and will never succeed in football

16. wrecklesssoldier

Feb 20, 2005
    Let's not forget that Lee's hype train was strong and most teams probably kept an eye or two on the kid, adding even more pressure to his game.

17. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    yeah...lol i remember that. but iirc that was during a friendly and LCY tackled him from behind

18. TaegukRedDevil

Jan 30, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    That's true, but disappointment is warranted even if it was a youth tournament because expectations are going to be higher if there are great performances in the group stages.

19. The Hyphen

The Hyphen Member+

Jun 29, 2014
    If he's going to stay a small dude, it's the right kind of small for this position. Bigger lower half then top half. He's going to be a rock of a midget when he's 25 to 30 yo.

20. The Hyphen

The Hyphen Member+

Jun 29, 2014
    Especially for this crowd

21. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Of course people can be disappointed but moaning without any sense of perspective is not. If you had said before this tournament that we'd win our group, beat Brazil, and lose to a reasonable opponent in Belgium despite losing JGH pre tourney and an out of form LSW, I'd think everyone would say that was a good outcome.

Germany scored 9 goals in group stages. We struggled to score 2. Expectations?!

Our performance vs Belgium was not too dissimilar from that vs Guinea, but without the luck. Had a penalty been called as it probably should have been prior to our goal vs Guinea, we'd all be signing a different tune about expectations for the exact same performance no?

The factors of our loss were all visible in earlier matches and our performances in group stage were all the more impressive to overcome those hurdles. But expectations should be realistic and disappointment tempered the same.

That's not to say that there weren't things that we couldn't have done better (ugh in particular the lack of offensive plan B besides countering was far too similar to HMB) and disappointment is fine but some of the complaining out here is acting like we were favorites to win it all.

22. komina12345

komina12345 Member+

Sep 1, 2008
    Club:
    Incheon United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Because you were a completely mature and rational individual when you were 17 years old? Come on, you're forgetting this guy isn't even college aged yet.

23. Seonoopy

Seonoopy Member

Nov 14, 2006
    Lost Angels
    If u you want to watch the game again.

wetcrispy repped this.