[2015 FIFA U-17 World Cup: Group Stages] Korea vs Guinea 2015/10/20 [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Jitevra, Oct 19, 2015.

1. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Oh Se-Hun's goal was a creamer.

Sons of Thunder and jessypjs repped this.
  2. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    .......................................................unreal

3. wrecklesssoldier

Feb 20, 2005
    What a fantastic display of Korea's defensive prowess (can you believe this?)

Shit passing aside, the Koreans did a formidable job defending the Guineans

EDIT: Lol, Korean players bowing to Chileans who are obviously K-pop fangirls

4. gunitinug

gunitinug Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    wuts the score? is it FT?

5. HojuSaram

HojuSaram Member

Jan 22, 2011
    Melbourne
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Should really have been 3-0 had it not been for the missed opportunities but the amount of physical effort these guys put into the last two matches is seriously amazing.. even the senior KNT can learn from performances like this.

With passage into the knockout stage secure I hope we can rest some of our key players against England. I want to see how the bench players will perform too.

6. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  7. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Our physical coach needs a pat on the back. The players were still running around while the Guinea players were out of battery. How the heck is it that they were able to run around like that especially after Brazil match only few days ago???? amazing.

8. Sons of Thunder

Sons of Thunder Member+

Jun 27, 2009
    NY State of Mind
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Our ticket to the R16 has been punched. Awwww yiss.

I'll admit that this is the first U-17 WC I've watched actual full matches. Have our teams at this level ever been so defensively solid and individually comfortable with the ball at their feet? It's amazing to watch.

9. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    1:0 for us ATE

10. Sons of Thunder

Sons of Thunder Member+

Jun 27, 2009
    NY State of Mind
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    투혼

Seol Korea and brood915 repped this.
  11. jessypjs

jessypjs Member+

May 3, 2010
    Club:
    AS Monaco FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Korea fought like warriors against a tough opponent to reach the round of 16, so proud of them !

12. 12th Player

12th Player Member+

Nov 3, 2009
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    images.duckduckgo.jpg

13. Bom23

Bom23 Member

Jun 19, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    A pretty bad performance. Nothing like the fluid performance against Brazil, instead the players resorted to crappy long balls and got lucky on exploiting a Guinea defensive error. Choi Jin Cheul is still a poor manager and definitely not a genius just because he subbed on a fetus Kim Shinwook meant to facilitate 뻥축구 and got lucky somehow.

Pleased for the win though.

14. wrecklesssoldier

Feb 20, 2005
    The fcking senior team should be taking lessons from these kids... such a good defensive team.

TigersOfAsia and jinseokyang repped this.
  15. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    Now we get to rest the starters against England. A blessing to get much needed rest. But a missed scouting opportunity for our starters unfortunately. Hopefully we use the rest to go deep in this tournament to get exposure for our kids. They've been playing brilliantly.

And as I had feared before the tournament, Guinea were physically remarkable side. So relieved we got past them in the end. Hopefully, we don't have to meet another African side during this tournament. They just drain all our energy.

16. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Over the past two games, we had a decent amount of rebounds that we could have scored. Really need to work on finishing those easy chances.

17. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  18. Chaminator

Chaminator Member+

Sep 7, 2010
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Again, our U-17 kids salvage my night after Jays got totally embarrassed out there earlier.

Gotta say I'm very, very impressed with what Choi JC has done with organization of the defensive line. They know exactly how to cover each other in any situation, whether we're pressured with possession or threatened by a quick counter... someone always seems to be there to cover in time. Also huge kudos for getting these kids into ridiculous shape stamina wise... Guinea def tired out before we did and we controlled that mid/late second half. Should have had a few more actually, we've been denied twice now on a rebound after a strong middle shot.

Now we can afford to rest our starters for the England game. This is not throwing the game but rather playing smart; these kids ran heck of a lot out there the first few games and they get very little rest in between games... it would be silly to throw out the same starting 11 again, we need a lot of them to recover for the round of 16. If we somehow fall into second place by losing to England, then be it, we actually get a more favourable match in all likelihood. But I'm sure our backups would have none of that, I know they'll be gunning for a win no matter what the situation is, they won't be going out there to lose. And seeing how Choi JC has trained this team, I have a feeling our backups will be just as disciplined and organized as our starters.

Goalkeeper Ahn JS has nice stable hands and I've been impressed with his goalkeeping overall. The CB Lee SM is very solid back there. Kim Jinya is a keeper on that right side it looks like and Park SH is a very neat tidy player, he links up best with Lee SW most of the time. Lee SW was still somewhat off with his passes and touches but showed enough of his class out there to show why he's getting all that praise.

Great team win. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but this might be the first time in Men's team history in a World tournament that we confirmed the trip to round of 16 after first two games?

jessypjs repped this.
  19. heyheyhe11

heyheyhe11 Member+

Oct 1, 2009
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    chaminator, i know the jays lost so you're down. but we all wait for your assessment

edit: just read your post. thanks

20. Chaminator

Chaminator Member+

Sep 7, 2010
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    To be fair I thought they were taken well enough, on both instances the Brazilian and Guinean goalkeepers did very, very well to just barely block the ball with his back foot.

21. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #121 Seol Korea, Oct 20, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2015
    Awwww yeah baby!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Senior NT: 2015 AFC Asian Cup Australia Runner-up (After 27 years)
    Women's NT: 2015 FIFA Women's World Cup Canada Round of 16 (First ever)
    And now our U-17 NT's third U-17 World Cup Knockout stages.

2015 is turning out to be a great start and a great year for Korean Football. :thumbsup:

Hyok repped this.
  22. heyheyhe11

heyheyhe11 Member+

Oct 1, 2009
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic

a point against england, we would top the group.

edit: oh yeah, murphy homered.

23. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    we say that all the time....lol

24. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  25. Chaminator

Chaminator Member+

Sep 7, 2010
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    It's going to be an extremely tough game against the English as they'll be throwing everything but the kitchen sink at us in that final game so that they can sneak into the last 16 as the best third place team. We need to use that urgency on their part to our advantage and hit them on the counter, just like how we did against Guinea mid-late in the game tonight. I'd actually consider using Lee SW as a sub in the second half or something if it's still a close game, maybe.