2015 CONCACAF U17 Championship

Discussion in 'CONCACAF' started by Sebsasour, Jan 25, 2015.

1. jagum

jagum Member

CF Montreal
    Venezuela
    Jun 20, 2007
    Panama City, Panama
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Venezuela
    Mexico can already book a flight to Chile

2. deejay

deejay Member+

Feb 14, 2000
    Tarpon Springs, FL
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    #27 deejay, Mar 3, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2015
    Group A looked so predictable but it seems that T&T are a mirage that made Guatemala look better than they are.

Jamaica is now alive in group A. Honduras also with a big mis-step.

All in all looking like USA, Honduras, Jamaica now.

3. deejay

deejay Member+

Feb 14, 2000
    Tarpon Springs, FL
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    #28 deejay, Mar 3, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2015
    In group B, Canada completely outshot Haiti in a come from behind win. Haiti was the class of the Caribbean qualifiers so this is no mean accomplishment. It will be interesting to see how Canada do against Costa Rica.

4. Gerardo Silva

Gerardo Silva Member+

Jan 23, 2013
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I hope Aguirre makes a Hat Trick today :3

5. deejay

deejay Member+

Feb 14, 2000
    Tarpon Springs, FL
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Canada 3-2 over Ticos. Panama demolish Haiti 7-0.

Suddenly, Costa Rica in serious danger. It's probably over for Haiti.

6. deejay

deejay Member+

Feb 14, 2000
    Tarpon Springs, FL
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    #31 deejay, Mar 5, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
    The US convinced me against Guatemala. That and the fact that Cuba, who they beat 5-0, has been a very tough nut for all the other teams.

Looks like a Mexico-US final unless Honduras wins the next two games or Canada upsets Mexico.

Meanwhile, Jamaica drops their chance by tying Cuba. Honduras seized the opportunity with a victory over T&T.

7. deejay

deejay Member+

Feb 14, 2000
    Tarpon Springs, FL
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Canada is for real! :eek:

8. deejay

deejay Member+

Feb 14, 2000
    Tarpon Springs, FL
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    So group A has US, Honduras and Jamaica qualifying to the next round. Actual places are still in the air but I think we can all guess who are the favorites. Jamaica is just clearly weaker.

Group B also has Mexico, Canada and Costa Rica qualifying but things are a lot tighter.

9. ja2ny

ja2ny Member

Aug 5, 2008
    long Island,N.Y.

Clearly right genius?

10. deejay

deejay Member+

Feb 14, 2000
    Tarpon Springs, FL
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    That's soccer! :D

Yes they are clearly weaker. Anyone can see that. That doesn't mean that the weaker can't beat the favorite. It happens. The result always sucks for one team and is great for the other. Oh well. :)

11. deejay

deejay Member+

Feb 14, 2000
    Tarpon Springs, FL
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Strangely enough, I believe that it is likely that Jamaica and the US play again. If Costa Rica loses to Mexico and Canada gets a point then USA and Jamaica will face off in the playoffs.

12. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    Oh Panama! I thought they had this.

13. dna77054

dna77054 Member+

Jun 28, 2003
    houston
    can anybody suggest a stream or link for Costa Rica-Canada playoff today. Not listed on rojadirecta.

14. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    Si gana Jamaica ahorita, no son mas debil.

15. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After no goals were scored in 90 minutes, USA beat Jamaica 5-4 in penalty kicks.

16. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
  17. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Problem solved.

18. deejay

deejay Member+

Feb 14, 2000
    Tarpon Springs, FL
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    There's not much point in responding specifically to you, your avatar says it all. However, in interest of the rest of the thread let me say that I completely disagree with that. In a developmental tournament, good football should be above good results for the simple fact that these players are in development. By no means is Jamaica a bad team but I have no qualms in saying that if they had managed to go through that they wouldn't have been the best team and I don't think it would have helped their development at all to win that way or to go to the youth WC. I say this because I coach the youth level but also because in the US we have for too long had teams play for the result instead of the development. I'll go even as far to say that I don't give a damn if the US didn't go through as long as their game plan was for technical, balanced soccer. The results oriented soccer can start after the U-20s IMO.

I also have no qualms in saying that the four best teams advanced to the World Cup.

Gerardo Silva repped this.
  19. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    Ok, your point stands that at this level, development>results. However, missing shots is not good football. You can't hang your hat on outpossessing. If Jam did go through, then they would have proven to be better even if their development may not make them better in the long run.

By qualifying, these 4 teams have proven to be the 4 best. They wouldn't have proven it if they stayed home. Being results-orientated at the youth ranks is not necessarily a hindrance. Aiming for goals other than results at this level is fine, but it doesn't make you better. It may in the long run, but that remains to be seen.

Idk why you brought up my avi, if yours was the same with a Bolivian flag, I'd have no problem with that.

Majin repped this.
  20. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Our results in this tournament, except for against Jamaica, were not bad. Jamaica battered around our small and technical attackers with their tremendous strength and athleticism in both games. They posed absolutely no threat to our goal in either game. Their goal in the first game came off a non-dangerous cross that was pinged into the arm of one of our CB's, resulting in a PK.

We were decent in every other game during qualifying and this cycle we have had really good results, winning most of the tournaments we entered. Jamaica was not better than us. To suggest that shows an utter lack of knowledge about the two teams. They were a terrible match up for the way we play and our coach's lack of tactical flexibility. Thats why they played us well in both games, but they were far from the better team.

deejay repped this.
  21. LaMascara

LaMascara Member+

Apr 11, 2013
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Overachiever repped this.
  22. Gerardo Silva

Gerardo Silva Member+

Jan 23, 2013
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Mexico: Equipo promedio (Average Team) = campeones
    Nads: Mejor equipo de la historia (Best generation ever) = califican dando lastima

23. deejay

deejay Member+

Feb 14, 2000
    Tarpon Springs, FL
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Every damn thread in this forum and we can't talk about the football or the teams clearly and without partisanship. SMH. The reason why this region is laughable is that most of the fans from most of the countries are too insecure to talk about the actual ups and downs of football and provide honest praise and/or criticism.

Orlandinho repped this.
  24. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    Well, deej, you're quite partisan yourself. Look at this post:
    There is a reason. The reason is that the usmnt was not good enough to win in regulation.

25. deejay

deejay Member+

Feb 14, 2000
    Tarpon Springs, FL
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I rest my case. :rolleyes: