2015 AFC Club Competition Rankings

Discussion in 'AFC: Tournaments' started by fridge46, Apr 24, 2014.

1. fridge46

fridge46 Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Great news!!! AFC read their emails!!!! (well for the most part!)

Today, the 3rd version of their club ranking was uploaded to afc.com. They have corrected all but 3 errors I found in previous lists (I emailed them details of 30+ mistakes!)

The errors that still remain are:

1) Lekhwiya [#18]: 2014 should be 14.50, not 14.00. Hence, their total should be 52.77, ranking them #17;
    2) Pakhtakor [#52]: 2012 total still missing!!! should be 10.00. Hence, their total should be 35.12, ranking them #34.
    Because of this, those ranked #34 to #51 are actually ranked 1 place lower;
    3) Regar-Tadaz [#138]: MA points are incorrect, they should get 0.06, not 0.05 (FC Ravshan [#134] is actually correct!)

El Chuma, Edgar, artml and 2 others repped this.
  2. fridge46

fridge46 Member

Oct 23, 2011
    A new season, a new opportunity for MA's to improve their ranking to gain ACL group stage slots. For those further down the list, the chance to gain ACL qualifier spots by reaching the magical ranking of 24!!

As was announced in November/December, the MA ranking list at the end of 2014 was used determine allocations for 2015 and 2016. With that, it is fairly safe to assume that the rankings at the end of this year will be used for 2017 (ie, a 1 year delay - a la UEFA).

With that, here are how the MA's stand currently (for comparison, the rankings at the end of 2014 is here):
    upload_2015-2-17_22-14-10.png

KEY: Blue = East; Green = West (based on assignment given by AFC). On the 2015 column, those figures in pink show that MA has clubs participating ACL, light blue for those in AFC Cup.

A lot will change between now and November: new MAs taking part in AFC Cup, and with 40 MAs playing at least 6 FIFA World Cup qualifiers, this is a great opportunity for those lower down the list to leap up to hopefully get AFC Cup group stage places! Time will tell!

I will update the list sporadically throughout the year

3. AlleXyS

AlleXyS Member

Steaua Bucureşti
    Apr 22, 2014
    Bucharest
    Club:
    FC Steaua Bucuresti
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    This is a stupid think by afc. How can Afghanistan get slot im AFC Cup groups, when they hane not a national league. The coefficient must be dome only from clubs performance... not combined clubs with nationals

4. edrees

edrees Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Yes should be club performance based, however it is a starting point and will allow clubs to move up the ranking with positive results.

5. AlleXyS

AlleXyS Member

Steaua Bucureşti
    Apr 22, 2014
    Bucharest
    Club:
    FC Steaua Bucuresti
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    yah, but this system don't let any chance for countries like Kuwait, Jordan, Iraq, Bahrain to qualify in ACL groups stage.
    Anyway, is a good start because AFC let them to play ACL play off and hope that in future, the system will be changed like in Europe

6. fridge46

fridge46 Member

Oct 23, 2011
    1) You have some what contradicted yourself here. You state the said MAs don't have any chance to make ACL group stage, yet you acknowledge that the system currently in place gives them the opportunity to make the group stage...

2) If the rankings in post #52 stay the same come the end of the year, Kuwait will have an automatic group stage spot in addition to a play off slot for 2017 (assuming AFC don't change the allocation procedures).

7. AlleXyS

AlleXyS Member

Steaua Bucureşti
    Apr 22, 2014
    Bucharest
    Club:
    FC Steaua Bucuresti
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    I tell that play off don't give chances for small countries to qualify in ACL groups.

So, all these small countries ... is too much to say small ... Kuwait, Jordan or Iraq, Syria must stay in AFC Cup 3, 4 years and collect many points to defeat countries which give teams in ACL groups, like UAE or Qatar. So, they will give a team in ACL groups (see Vietnam or Thailand), with big chances to go back in AFC Cup for next year.

Anyway, until 2017 we have 2 years ... much can happening :D

another problem is that the ranking is divided in 2 : West and East ... So, If Kuweit is 9th in general ranking, but is 5th in West, they will give 1 team in group stage, and China, wich can be 10th in general ranking, but 4th in East, can give 2 or 3 dirrect clubs. This is just an assumption, but can happening in reality.

8. Md. Arefin Haider

Jan 11, 2015
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bangladesh
    Hello! I'm confused. Then what is it? http://www.football-rankings.info/2015/02/afc-member-association-ranking-update.html

9. fridge46

fridge46 Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Those are "projected" rankings for October 2015.

I wouldnt pay too much attention to it - they assume that clubs and national teams will lose all their matches between March and October!

The rankings I have provided in #52 are up-to-date rankings (well, on February 15th!) taking into account latest club results and FIFA rankings.

If you are lucky, I might upload rankings to include the first 3 group stage rounds and Aprils FIFA points at the end of next week!

10. Md. Arefin Haider

Jan 11, 2015
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bangladesh
    Oh that's great! That means Bangladesh currently stands at 33rd position (as of 15th February, 2015). I'll be waiting for your next upload. I really want to be lucky! One more question. October, 2015 MA ranking will be used for 2017 club competitions seeding. How do you calculate all these? I mean I don't have clear idea. If you could please write some points here. I really appreciate your hard works.....

11. fridge46

fridge46 Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Please see the attached document

Attached Files:

mdhm and AlleXyS repped this.
  12. Md. Arefin Haider

Jan 11, 2015
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bangladesh
    That's really fantastic! Thanks! Do you have a facebook ID?

13. AlleXyS

AlleXyS Member

Steaua Bucureşti
    Apr 22, 2014
    Bucharest
    Club:
    FC Steaua Bucuresti
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    perfect explanation :p just a question ... you are the owner of football-ranking? :D

14. SJJ

SJJ Member

Sep 20, 1999
    Royal Oak, MI, USA
    Club:
    Michigan Bucks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I should have looked for a post like this before I did my own assessment (since I had become very confused trying to figure out the new allocations):

EastMember AssociationACL GroupACL PlayoffAFC Cup GroupAFC Cup PlayoffAFC Cup Qualifying
    1Korea Republic31
    2Japan31
    3Australia21
    4China22
    5Thailand12
    6Vietnam11
    7Indonesia1 *1
    8Hong Kong1 *1
    9Myanmar1 *1
    10Malaysia1 *1
    11India1 *1
    12Singapore1 *1
    13Maldives11
    14Philippines11
    15DPR Korea11
    16Laos11
    17Guam1
    18Timor-Leste1
    19Macau1
    20Cambodia1
    21Chinese Taipei1
    22Mongolia1
    23Brunei Darussalam1
    Total12146 + (up to 6)87
    * to AFC Cup Group, if club doesn't qualify for ACL Group
    WestMember AssociationACL GroupACL PlayoffAFC Cup GroupAFC Cup PlayoffAFC Cup Qualifying
    1Saudi Arabia31
    2Iran31
    3Uzbekistan31
    4UAE22
    5Qatar12
    6Iraq2
    7Kuwait1 *1
    8Jordan1 *1
    9Oman1 *1
    10Bahrain1 *1
    11Lebanon1 *1
    12Syria1 *1
    13Palestine11
    14Tajikistan11
    15Afghanistan11
    16Turkmenistan11
    17Kyrgyzstan1
    18Yemen1
    19Sri Lanka1
    20Bangladesh1
    21Nepal1
    22Pakistan1
    23Bhutan1
    Total12156 + (up to 6)87
    * to AFC Cup Group, if club doesn't qualify for ACL Group

15. dinamo_zagreb

dinamo_zagreb Member+

Jun 27, 2010
    San Jose, CA / Zagreb, Croatia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    They should take away two berths (at least!) from Uzbekistan's allocation. Disgraceful performance.

16. AlleXyS

AlleXyS Member

Steaua Bucureşti
    Apr 22, 2014
    Bucharest
    Club:
    FC Steaua Bucuresti
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    Just a question.. why in east is used 3 3 2 2 1 1 dirrect qualify, and in west is 3 3 3 2 1 ... with only top5 countries in group stage? This is a shit acl rule... must be same for each country. Due of this rule uzbekistan have one more place, where iraq must have 1 dirrect slot in acl

17. fridge46

fridge46 Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I would ignore that table. That is what AFC are planning to use for 2016 tournaments. It was copied directly from 2015 competition allocation which was altered to reflect MAs failing/withdrawing.

One obvious "error" is that if qualifying goes to seeding - Iraq will have zero teams in either ACL or AFC Cup group stages!!

The actual allocation should be: UZB - 2 ACL Group + 2 ACL PO; IRQ - 1 ACL Group + 1 ACL PO.

Unfortunately Uzbekistan will keep 4 teams next year (whether it is 3+1 or 2+2 is still to be seen, see above).

However, they will finish behind U.A.E. and Qatar in the 2012-2015 AFC MA Rankings, so they should only have 3 representatives in 2017 ACL (1 automatically qualifies for the group stage, 2 in the play-offs) [of course, this based on current FIFA rankings; if UZB perform well, or QAT unwell between now and November, things could change]

18. dinamo_zagreb

dinamo_zagreb Member+

Jun 27, 2010
    San Jose, CA / Zagreb, Croatia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    I know about that (AFC's slots allocation concept), but I stressed this after elimination of their each representative. 0/4 is distastrous showing, absoulte embarrassment. :laugh:

19. almango

almango Member+

Sydney FC
    Australia
    Nov 29, 2004
    Bulli, Australia
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Australia is the 3rd ranked nation and there is also a rule which says only 1/3 of teams in the top division can qualify. Since we only have 10 teams and the AFC doesn't count Wellington as one since its based in New Zealand that limits us to 3 total. The other spot gets allocated to another nation.

20. AlleXyS

AlleXyS Member

Steaua Bucureşti
    Apr 22, 2014
    Bucharest
    Club:
    FC Steaua Bucuresti
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    So vietnam can say thanks to australia. I hope aleague willexpand at 12 teams soon ( some years)

21. fridge46

fridge46 Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Negative. The spot is not reallocated - it goes unused.

22. fridge46

fridge46 Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Provisional rankings after the ACL and AFC Cup group stage taking into account latest FIFA rankings. Bonus points for reaching Last 16 have also been added:

upload_2015-5-13_18-41-45.png

Green = West; Blue = East (based on AFC assignments)
    in 2015 column, pink = teams still in ACL; blue = teams still in AFC Cup
    in FIFA points column, pink = national team in WCQR2.

23. AlleXyS

AlleXyS Member

Steaua Bucureşti
    Apr 22, 2014
    Bucharest
    Club:
    FC Steaua Bucuresti
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    Maldive in ACL :D

24. MOHD RAZIP

MOHD RAZIP New Member

Jun 2, 2015
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Is there any chance for a champion in AFC Cup 2015 automatically given a place in ACL 2016 ?

25. AlleXyS

AlleXyS Member

Steaua Bucureşti
    Apr 22, 2014
    Bucharest
    Club:
    FC Steaua Bucuresti
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    no. The formula is same as 2015. For 2017 will be used a new system ranking for both ACL and AFC Cup