2015 AFC Champions League

Discussion in 'AFC: Tournaments' started by greenlion, Nov 25, 2014.

1. MVP#3

MVP#3 Member

Mar 1, 2012
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United Arab Emirates
    Assaidi is still on a 3 years deal with Al Ahli he is not registered in domestic league because Al Ahli recently signed Mousa Sow, and the only Lima replaced Jimenez in AFC CL the other foreigners all started the tournament with the team :coffee:

2. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    I am not aware of the technical details, may be Al Ittihadi or anyone from Saudi Arabia who is watching Arabic Channel "MBC Pro Sports 1" right now can translate into English and inform us.

3. MVP#3

MVP#3 Member

Mar 1, 2012
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United Arab Emirates
    here is what Al Ahli support their position with

4. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    So what r the chances?

5. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
  6. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    So now, Al Hilal have appealed against the rejection of the protest... Al Hilal is really giving it a go ... let's see what AFC decides now, I don't think that AFC will overturn their already taken decision so appeal now at this stage is useless and waste of time IMO.

http://www.alhilal.com/en/news4205.html

7. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    My understanding (based on Hilal's complaint) is that for a foreign player to be eligible to participate in ACL, he must be registered in the domestic league (at the time of the Asian game). Apparently Ousamah Assaidi's name was dropped by Al-Ahli in the UAE's league and was replaced by Mousa Sow, therefore Hilal think he was ineligible to play.
    I think this is what's all about.
    It doesn't matter if Ousamah played with Ahli before or not, what is important is that was he registered in the domestic league when Ahli played vs. Hilal?

I don't know the exact details, therefore I'm not choosing any side. I'm just stating my interpretation of Hilal's view on this issue.

8. fridge46

fridge46 Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Having a quick look at the regulations, Article 26.1 reads:

upload_2015-10-26_23-45-25.png

So Hilal seems to have a point that if Assaidi was not registered with the UAE FA (I do not know exactly what their registration procedures are, but Assaidi does not appear to have played in the UAE League this season).

However, registration for the QF/SF/F closed on July 25th 2015:

upload_2015-10-26_23-54-23.png

This I believe was before Sow was signed, as he played a match for Fenerbahce on August 23rd 2015 (Sow has not played in any ACL QF/SF match). Teams can not change the list of players submitted after this date unless he is "unfit to play" (Article 31.4.1)

So from what I can gather, as Assaidi has been correctly registered with the AFC, and that the regulations do not allow a replacement to be named, Ahli is not in violation to the regulations.

9. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Actually Assaidi played for Ahli in their first league game vs. Fujairah, but it doesn't matter since he was dropped after that game from the list for Mousa Sow, which seems the element that Hilal is basing their protest on.
    I don't think the process of registering Assaidi for ACL was wrong in itself, but rather dropping him from the UAE FA's list before an Asian CL game is what makes his participation in the game ineligible. (Hilal are referring to section 26.1.2 of the regulations for this point).

Again, I don't know if Hilal are right but I think that sums their protest.

10. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    I dont know how relevant it is , but last time Ittihad played in ACL, Fouzi Abdul Ghani ( Morrocan ) played in ACL only and not in the league. I dont know how was it possible. And I think thats the same case with Ahli too..

11. Atlas 51

Atlas 51 Red Card

Oct 25, 2015
    Tarzana
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Hi everyone, I got a question are arabs the most loyal fans in AFC? They bring lots of fans to away games
    in the AFC league from what I seen in youtube. Im pretty impress from the attendance, cheers!

12. Diego Aguirre

Diego Aguirre Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Tashkent
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    you got wrong impression, they are the most passive fans, except of Saudi Arabia

13. TheShowStealer

Jan 15, 2011
    i dont think gulf players have any european dreams
    beside europ life style does not fit the gulfis
    and most importantly keeping your best players inside your continent helps raise the game not lower it

14. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
  15. Diego Aguirre

Diego Aguirre Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Tashkent
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    here i wasn't talking about gulf players, i meant our Uzbek players like Rashidov, Khaydarov or Khasanov who destroyed their career playing in Gulf countries

16. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Rashidov went there very cheap. I was looking for an Iranian team to sign him. Average Iranian players are paid 400k-500k. Rashidov should have consulted with few other Uzbeks playing in Iran like Fozel Musayev of Sepahan, Nasimov and another player who I forgot his name. Rashidov should join a team in CPL, IPL, A league, J league or K league. QSL is a waste of time and talent. He will regret it later.

Even "fake titled" Emirati league is better than QSL.

17. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nothing really new about the case..

-Hilal appealed The AFC Disciplinary Committee's decision, which was rejecting Hilal's protest.
    -Hilal asked AFC to delay the first game of the final, since it's around 10 days from now, and if Hilal's appeal is rejected (as expected), they will take it to CAS, so the whole process will take sometime, and the result can cause more than a headache for the AFC. :D
    -Hilal's protest wasn't composed of "111" papers as rumored, but it was around 10 papers. The AFC asked for some documents, then Hilal sent them back, so that's where the number 111 is coming from.

18. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    What is next? UN? Security Council? Hilalis should learn they are not exception from the law.

19. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Personally, I've moved on and I think the club shouldn't be too distracted by this matter to play for the other competitions, but if Hilal (or Ahli, or any club) think the rules were broken, then they have every right to seek justice by legal ways, which is the path they are taking now by this protest/appeal/CAS... this is not called "exception from the law".

By the way, let's not forget that Al-Sadd qualified to Semi-final a few years ago after overturning their first leg 0-1 defeat into 3-0 win when they proved that Sepahan fielded an ineligible player. So again, if Hilal feels the player is ineligible to play, they should prove it. It's that simple.

MVP#3 repped this.
  20. Diego Aguirre

Diego Aguirre Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Tashkent
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    Rashidov went to Qatar for 2,1 mln. euros

21. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    CAS will take ages to decide on the matter i.e., months if not weeks. CAS is not robust that it will decide within 10 days. If the decision goes in Al Hilal's favour (which is highly unlikely and Al Ahli has 95% chance if not 100% that the decision will be in her favour) then AFC will do have an headache provided that the final is played and we have a champion. So, it will be wise to delay the final till the final outcome from CAS.

22. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'm not sure, but I think this case (if it reached the CAS) will be dealt with differently (and I expect quicker) than the usual players-clubs contracts where it can take some time to resolve while both parties (clubs and players ) can carry on with their footballing schedule, but in Hilal-Ahli's case we are talking about which side is going to play in the final of one of the biggest continents, which is scheduled a little over a week from now.

You can't imagine the embarrassment AFC is going to feel if (even though it's unlikely) CAS ruled for Hilal then the AFC is saying: "sorry guys, we need to re-play the final". :D delaying the final is never an easy choice, but IMO it's the safer one, unless they are 110% sure Hilal have no chance to win their case...

23. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    But again if CAS rules out case in favour of Ahli , will Hilal be not tempted to go FIFA??

24. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Personally, I don't think so, but I don't really know if the club thinks in that way too.

25. MVP#3

MVP#3 Member

Mar 1, 2012
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United Arab Emirates
    why dont you talk about Iraninan players who moved from the UAE league to Europe like Nekounam, Shojaei or Karimi who won the Asian players of the year while playing for Al Ahli, I dont know if Farhad Majidi ever played in Europe but he played in UAE and still performed better than all the Uzbeks signed by Emirati clubs, I dont mean to offend you but thats just the truth :coffee: