2015 AFC Asian Cup Final -- South Korea vs. Australia Discussion

Discussion in 'AFC: Tournaments' started by Kutsuit, Jan 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

Who do you think will win?

Poll closed Jan 31, 2015.
  1. South Korea

61.0%
  2. Australia

39.0%
  1. theFOOTBALLlover

FC Porto, SC Freamunde & Fraser Park FC
    Jan 17, 2015
    Sydney
    It was also happening on Instagram. I didn't realise there were more Iranian fans like SOME of the ones on BS. Pathetic really.

2. Loyalty

Loyalty Member

Jun 25, 2006
    Australia
    A number of people from a number of different countries have also said they thought this was one of the best run Asian Cups, ended up 3rd highest ever attended which is great considering the distance from other countries and Aust is an expensive place to come, especially this time of the year.

Are you serious, i cannot handle the Aust commentators. They give me headaches at times. You can have them :)

On paper this is one of the weakest teams Aust has fielded for quite a while but it's how a team gels that matters. I have wondered what our Golden generation of 2007 and 2011 think about this as they should have won something with the teams they had. 2007 were too cocky, 2011 were just plain unlucky and lost the final more than Japan won it with 1 on 1 misses with their keeper.

Thanks for your Posts, Kutsuit. :thumbsup:

Kutsuit repped this.
  3. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    #303 Mussab86, Feb 1, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2015
    AFC Asian Cup Best 11
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422790196.455401.jpg

4. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They should try and get Russia and Turkey to join AFC... now that would make things interesting... :D

+PL+, MVP#3 and PersianLegion repped this.
  5. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    #305 Mani, Feb 1, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2015
    Tournament MVP Benjamin Williams is missing from "AC2015 Dream Team". He was the best Australian player.

Idham3, Navid1337, Avesta and 2 others repped this.
  6. GoYoungrokba

GoYoungrokba Member+

May 21, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    As frustrating as the result was, I am very pleased with how this Korean side has been redeemed themselves from the disastrous World Cup campaign.

This team still has a lot of rooms to improve. But I am sure Stieleke and co will take care of their business.

Korea will set another AFC-record in two years: 9th Consecutive World Cup Qualification.

7. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah I was just thinking - to many neutrals, Korea were starting to look like a bit of a sinking ship prior to this tournament... they stumbled over the finishing line to the world cup qualifications, then flopped in the tournament themselves, and there were many posters here, even Koreans themselves predicting that S.Korea wouldn't even get out of the group stages.. but ah well, so much for that! Was a great tournament from S.Korea, who most definitely played their part in what was a very thrilling final... good to see S.Korea are back...

GoYoungrokba and killaorca repped this.
  8. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Except it would have been a lot better if we had seen S.Korea and Australia against Japan and/or Iran as well, two teams that were eliminated without a loss by the penalty lottery and frankly in unfortunate circumstances. Not that I think either weren't deserving of making the final. S.Korea might have defeated Iran in the semis regardless and Australia might have won against Japan. But we didn't get to see either of these anticipated match ups, in the case of Iran in particular because of a controversial and undeserved red card in a match we were winning before then and would have won without the red card.

9. theFOOTBALLlover

FC Porto, SC Freamunde & Fraser Park FC
    Jan 17, 2015
    Sydney
    Zzzz. Broken record.

rooboy91 repped this.
  10. Txtriathlete

Txtriathlete Member

Aug 6, 2004
    The American Empire
    I'm closing this thread down, with one note;
    It is pretty damn pathetic to down play someones victory. The team that won it, won it fair and square, show a little class and respect for the game and yourself.

+PL+, Ze Boy, MVP#3 and 8 others repped this.