2015 AFC Asian Cup Australia - Group D Discussion

Discussion in 'AFC: Tournaments' started by Suren01, Jun 1, 2014.

1. aLi.W

aLi.W Red Card

Jul 23, 2007
    If Japan win or draw they would still be in first position because they have already 6p while Iraq/Jordan have 3p

2. BUDOKAN

BUDOKAN Member

May 31, 2006
    Tokyo
    Club:
    Yokohama F Marinos
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    ???
    For Japan side, draw(+1) is enough to secure the top spot of this group.

Saku² repped this.
  3. BUDOKAN

BUDOKAN Member

May 31, 2006
    Tokyo
    Club:
    Yokohama F Marinos
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I have arrived at Melbourne yesterday.
    Much cooler than Brisbane. Even felt cold in the evening but good for playing football.

It looks like a cricket international match between Australia and India held last night in Melbourne.
    Most of sports bar TV was cricket, not asian cup.:(

Mussab86 and Majster2 repped this.
  4. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Now lets talk about our match against Palestine.
    What do you guys think? should we play our subs and rest our players or should we play with our starters to win the 5-0 just to avoid any surprises ?

5. Kutsuit

Kutsuit Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Kuwait City
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Kuwait
    Resting players would be a foolish decision, in my opinion.

What if Jordan narrowly defeat Japan? Iraq would then be required to win against Palestine by at least a four-goal margin in order to advance to the knockout stages.

6. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    I'm expecting Japan to have a hard time because the way Jordan play a rough football, But I think Japan is winning. And you are right we should take all possibilities.
    I'm Concerned about Yaser Kasim he has a Yellow card probably we should rest him or sub him in in the second half if we needed.

7. Coach2007

Coach2007 Member

Jun 29, 2012
    Rio (Rehab)
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You always have a few bad apples but believe me compared to many others- Japan is still overall regarded highly

tako repped this.
  8. Coach2007

Coach2007 Member

Jun 29, 2012
    Rio (Rehab)
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'm just giving a general feel for what I'm sure many people here also agree with. I'll take it you are neither from Japan nor support them. This could just be me but I've observed a lot of their games and they almost always display good sportsmanship i.e.- no sore losers, they don't avoid shaking hands at the end and make allow less experienced players to be entered when their team is winning.... just saying.

9. Coach2007

Coach2007 Member

Jun 29, 2012
    Rio (Rehab)
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I say rest most of the vital players. Allow the coach to test and motivate some of the other players. Iraq just needs a win and a one goal margin will be enough. I can guarantee you Japan will win Jordan.

Mussab86 repped this.
  10. Chaminator

Chaminator Member+

Sep 7, 2010
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    While I could maybe see Jordan vs. Japan ending up in a tie (like in the last AC), I just can't see a Jordan win happening either...

I think Iraq should probably go easy and rest the players you need to because the very likely Iran match would be a very demanding match in regards to stamina and strength.

Mussab86 repped this.
  11. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    I don't expect Jordan to beat or even tie Japan. They managed to beat the mighty Palestine and all of a sudden everyone thinks they are good enough to beat the defending champions.

We are strong enough to beat Palestine with an heavy margin. Palestine are much weaker than Jordan. And reports that their captain GK Ramzi Saleh is injured.

12. Coach2007

Coach2007 Member

Jun 29, 2012
    Rio (Rehab)
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Good point- I agree besides Palestine don't have anything realistic to pay for, and I'm sure Japan will still take their final game serious.... and I'm sure they'll play for top qualifier just to stay on the safest side.

13. Dejagah93

Dejagah93 Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    That´s why I hate it when AFC Challenge Cup teams play in the Asian Cup. Iraq can just rest their players on the last matchday and then use their strongest line up against Iran while Iran had to give 100% to beat a strong emarati team. We will have a big disadvantage against Iraq.
    Still I hope they will use their A-team against Palestine..They can´t take any risks. Jordan nearly beat Japan at the last Asian Cup and don´t forget the 2-1 victory in the WC qualifier!
    The iraqi coach shouldn´t make stupid decisions.

Zandi360 and glennaldo_sf repped this.
  14. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Iran could have rested players, too ;)

15. Dejagah93

Dejagah93 Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    No they couldn´t because UAE was very hard to beat and the first place was important to avoid Japan.

16. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Actually, while we couldn't rest as many players as we might have wished, we did rest a few against the UAE. Some of the expected starters, like Dejagah, Ghaffari, and Ghoochannejad, came in as subs instead. Others, such as Hajsafi and Shojaie, didn't play at all.

17. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Look at Jordan's form now. They are a different animal away from Amman, and on top of that out of form (they only managed to beat Palestine since March). They will never beat Japan.

Iraq should beat Palestine comfortably with some of the reserve players (because we can't afford to get yellow cards in this game or to get injuries ahead of Iran).

The quarterfinal will be a very tough one against Iran..

Dejagah93 repped this.
  18. Zandi360

Zandi360 Member+

Dec 10, 2013
    Club:
    Sepahan
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Iran rested their key players vs UAE.

"The changes reflected two yellow cards in the squad and one injury, as well as the chance to use some players with fresh legs especially in the front line," Queiroz said."
    "Now we have a full squad ready to play, both tactically and mentally, as the young boys gained some experience and did very well. My plan was also to use some aces later on if it was necessary, and the experience of the players that came on played a big role in the match."

http://www.afcasiancup.com/news/en/-queiroz-joy-as-iran-gather-momentum/vixxkr7t19g71ro22u1afd91o

Everyone will be fit and ready for the QF ;)

Dejagah93 repped this.
  19. Dejagah93

Dejagah93 Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Still I would´ve liked Ando to be rested because he is the one who runs the most.

20. Dejagah93

Dejagah93 Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    How many of your players got yellow cards? Are they very important players?

21. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They could have more than Iraq - Iran were already guaranteed a place in the final 8, but of course the top spot was up for grabs, so it's a trade off for Iran, Iraq still need a result against Palestine though to progress... if Jordan do manage to beat Japan, and Iraq draw with Palestine, they're out... as well if Jordan manage to bunker and get a draw with Japan, if Iraq's B-team lost to Palestine, the latter 2 go out, so Iraq need to be safe here.

Anyhoo, with that said - I do agree with you about the Challenge Cup being BS, would have much rather had Lebanon or Malaysia via the qualifiers... anyhoo though, that's all another story....

El Chuma and Zandi360 repped this.
  22. aLi.W

aLi.W Red Card

Jul 23, 2007
    12h to go! Can't wait!

23. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    So far Yaser Kasem is the only player im concerned about. Unfortunately He has a yellow card :(

24. Coach2007

Coach2007 Member

Jun 29, 2012
    Rio (Rehab)
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think the several days of rest should be sufficient. Both teams will have enough time before the big game.

25. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Iraq has the advantage that they will play in the same venue as the Palestine game so no travelling here :)