2015 AFC Asian Cup Australia - Group C Discussion

Discussion in 'AFC: Tournaments' started by Suren01, Jun 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ali(Iran)

Ali(Iran) Member+

Mar 31, 2014
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Let's all ignore the trolls. Qatar is out. Iran is on for winning the whole thing. Why would we even bother to respond to them?
    UAE is next. Qatar is history

griffindinho_au repped this.
  2. Kutsuit

Kutsuit Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Kuwait City
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Kuwait
    @griffindinho_au: By the way, would you rather meet Iran or Japan in the semis?

3. griffindinho_au

griffindinho_au Member+

May 30, 2013
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Japan

KiarashM, Ali(Iran) and Kutsuit repped this.
  4. Kutsuit

Kutsuit Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Kuwait City
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Kuwait
    I thought as much. Meeting Japan in the final would be a scary prospect for any Asian side.

5. Operation Opera

Mar 18, 2007
    About the Game : We played not bad but i guess Iranians should adapt to the strategy employed by the team till the day CQ is in charge.

We created some nice chances but unfortunately gucci could not convert it.
    Qatar didnt create any dangerous scoring chances at all, the ball that hit the post was offside. So Qatar is not really a team deserves to be in the Quarter Finals.

A Iran-Japan Quarter Final will be very interesting :D

6. Sandy Hasani

Sandy Hasani Member

Jan 9, 2015
    Young James Hetfield
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    No offense intended gentleman, but korean team lacks having physical capabalities to keep up running through the end of the game.
    Like I always say, korean team is just like a pyramid of firewoods that just light off and then would be out in a jiffy.

7. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Thanks for your insight and analogy, but I don't see how my previous comment could have triggered a comment that involved the physical capabilities of the Korean national team.

Zandi360 repped this.
  8. Ali(Iran)

Ali(Iran) Member+

Mar 31, 2014
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    In fact I hope Korea was good enough to reach semis and we could beat them

9. Ali(Iran)

Ali(Iran) Member+

Mar 31, 2014
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    It was fun today. We won as expected. UAE is next. Gotta go study. Bye bye till night:-D

10. Objectivity

Objectivity Member

Dec 28, 2014
    Don't get too ahead of yourself. At this rate Iran will finish second behind UAE and will get knocked out by Japan in the quarter finals. The Iranian fans will then make up some rules about how they actually won this cup because if they weren't unlucky and didn't face Japan in the quarters they would have reached the final and won.

11. Kutsuit

Kutsuit Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Kuwait City
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Kuwait
    I never knew Iran versus Qatar could ever be such a heated encounter.

Operation Opera repped this.
  12. HomokHarcos

HomokHarcos Member+

Jul 2, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Come on Iran, beat the sh** out of the UAE, make them look like an overrated team.

Valkyrie and Farhad Khan repped this.
  13. Sandy Hasani

Sandy Hasani Member

Jan 9, 2015
    Young James Hetfield
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    It's very ironic that Qatar couldn't even square the ball over to iranian's goal. And it's even more ironic that the "qataris" fans of this forum have all disapeared and vanished into the thin air!
    I know for a fact that it really hurts to pose as the best asian team and invest a huge chunk of change and then see your team get kicked out of the tournement with 2 loses in a row.

14. Kutsuit

Kutsuit Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Kuwait City
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Kuwait
    Qatar's 5-1 loss to Uzbekistan was, indeed, incredibly suspicious, especially when considering the fact that Qatar led for most of the match and conceded 5 goals within the last 15-20 minutes, if my memory serves me correctly. Having said that, Qatar's 4-1 capitulation to the UAE in this tournament was not a suspicious result. The Qataris aren't going to deliberately lose to the UAE in order to ruin Iran's chances when they have a golden opportunity to take at least 6 points from their two matches against the Gulf Arab teams. There's no reason as to why they should do that. The truth is they were really poor in this tournament, and that's expected from any Gulf Arab team that wins the Gulf Cup of Nations just before the start of the Asian Cup tournament. Qatar's no different.

I'm just surprised at how heated the arguments can get around here over Iran versus Qatar encounters. It gives non-Iranian/non-Qatari fans the impression that this fixture is some sort of derby, which is hardly the case. I'm sure most Qataris didn't even realize their national team was playing given the fact that the culture of Qatar isn't oriented towards football as much as it is towards Arab Bedouin traditionalism.

Zandi360 repped this.
  15. Objectivity

Objectivity Member

Dec 28, 2014
    The only one posing as the best team in Asia is the Iran fans :whistling:

16. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
  17. HomokHarcos

HomokHarcos Member+

Jul 2, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anybody going to watch Qatar-Bahrain?

18. Operation Opera

Mar 18, 2007
    5-1 loss Vs Uzbekistan was meant to screw Iran, 100%. I am not sure about their 4-1 loss against UAE though. But what i know is that Qataris are extremely motivated to play against Iran. They will turn into superstars overnight. It has to do with Persian-Arab rivalry and the current political situation around the Middle East.

19. Kutsuit

Kutsuit Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Kuwait City
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Kuwait
    I highly doubt it. I'm actually surprised to find that this is the only place where a match between Iran and Qatar either turns into a political discussion or gets interpreted through a political lens. Trust me, most Qataris prefer falconry and camel racing to football. Qatar is still a very, very traditional society. Iranian fans should treat this match the same way they treat their encounters with Sri Lanka and focus on their next opponents. :p

teammellieIRANfan repped this.
  20. Objectivity

Objectivity Member

Dec 28, 2014
    One of those losses was a friendly, why do you keep including that? Only Iranians seen to care about friendly results, is it because they have nothing else to brag about?

21. Kutsuit

Kutsuit Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Kuwait City
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Kuwait
    I think the UAE are a lot "cockier" than the Qataris. Unfortunately, the Emiratis can back up their cockiness with good football.

22. Operation Opera

Mar 18, 2007
    UAE will be tested against Iran on Monday. :D

Kutsuit repped this.
  23. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
  24. Rickdog