2015/18 Shinji Okazaki @ Leicester City F.C. (ENG)

Discussion in 'Japanese Abroad' started by Dax, Jun 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I remember Lennon naming Nakamura as the Celtic player "longest in the shower" in an interview. ;)

Samurai Warrior repped this.
  2. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Wonder what he meant ;)?

3. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Claudio Ranieri is the new coach. He coached Nagatomo for a while at Inter, previously coached Chelsea in EPL.

4. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    What a bad choice. They will relegate. Why you didn't stay at Mainz, Shinji? Why?

5. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Why relegated? Ranieri has already experienced this league.
    Ok, with Greece sucked really hard, but with Monaco, Chelsea, Valencia and Parma he did really well.

6. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Greece kept sucking really hard even after he's gone. I guess their whole delicate country situation isn't helping.

7. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    for what's worth, this is the first half lineup for Leicester's first friendly:

Schmeichel, Moore, Huth, Fuchs, De Laet, Drinkwater, Hammond, Barmby, Mahrez, Ulloa, Okazaki.

and they're playing 3-5-2 which seems pretty good. The only thing I wouldn't be too happy about would be something like 4-3-3 where Okazaki is on the wings

datschge and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  8. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Okazaki starts vs Mansfield (4th div)

Schwarzer, Simpson, Moore, Chilwell, De Laet, Lawrence, Hammond, Barmby, Nugent, Okazaki, Kramarić

Reading between the lines, I think he has very good chances to start in the first league matches under Ranieri. Still, there are many good forwards in Leceister, so he'll have to grab his chances

9. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Okazaki-Kramaric is a bomb. But also OKA-Ulloa is fine.

10. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    first goal for Okazaki!
    The winning one against Birmingham.

seolseol repped this.
  11. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    He bagged two assists as well.

edit : conflicting reports about that.
    edit 2 : never trust a drunk british.

seolseol and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  12. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    yeah, the other goals were free kicks

13. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

@ 3.40

Samurai Warrior and seolseol repped this.
  14. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Did he break some record? I mean: this is another score by head for him and he scored plenty times with his head in Bundesliga and JNT. Something like "the best japanese head striker" or stuff like this.

15. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC

16. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    It seems like Shinji fits there.

Radu Razvan repped this.
  17. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Great win. Did he have a good game?

18. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Decent game. Pressing hard, nearly created a goal that Mahrez scuffed. Didn't see a lot of the ball given that Vardy, Mahrez, and Albrighton ran the game today.

seolseol repped this.
  19. NaohiroTakahara

NaohiroTakahara Member+

Nov 12, 2013
    #44 NaohiroTakahara, Aug 8, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2015
    Solid first performence i would say. He was a running and fighting beast like in Mainz. Gets many freekicks for his team and played 2-3 good finishing passes. Had 2 good chances but both where blocked in last second from a Sunderland defender.
    But 1 thing makes me very angry...the incredible selfish style from some players at Leicester. Shinji was running/standing 3 times in a perfect till good situation, more or less completely free in front of goalkeeper and the only thing they have to do is passing to him but the totaly oversee him ,don`t know why....they tried instead to shoot from impossible places. The worst was in 94 minute....Okazaki in the middle and a Leicester player on the left flank were running behind there 2 defenders and they were both absolutely free in front of goalkeeper and maybe half a meter behind them the defender....and the seconds are running and running and I was thinking...." What the hell is he doing ??? Okazaki is waiting 3-4 meters in front of goal...only a pass plz and he is scoring." ...but then the other players was running and running like it was a slowmotion scene and then...he was scrumbled with his feed over the ball and the chance was wasted.

Overall a good game,with less selfish players today, he should have scored 1-2 goals. Especially Vardy and Mahrez ( Who where good today,no question).

EDIT : I am a little emotional at the moment =) after the game,cause the last scene in the 94 minute makes me very angry, so don`t take my words so serious, Leicester played great and Okazaki was a part of it.

20. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Well, Okazaki didn't help himself on that. His positioning wasn't great, when Mahrez and Vardy shot, there wasn't a clear pass to Okazaki. I know you'd want them to pass to Okazaki at all times, but he has to create the spaces. Whenever Okazaki was in the box he was about 0.0001 yard away from a defender, far from ideal.

21. NaohiroTakahara

NaohiroTakahara Member+

Nov 12, 2013
    I don`t agree, especially in the last scene he was totaly free and in some other scene too. They where 3 scenes from him where he was free ( 1 more ore less) and at least a try to pass to him would be more succesfull then a shot from impossible situation. Okay maybe i have to diffenrence my words. In 2 scenes he was not free in scence of no defender but he was in good position for a sharp pass into the middle but the last scene he was very free.

After my opinion his positioning was very solid today

22. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    The one in the injury time was one, but other than that I saw no reason they should have passed to Okazaki. Mahrez nearly scored two more with the 'impossible' shots wiht one hitting the post. Vardy was fully right to shoot since whenever he was on the charge, because he was so fast, most of the leicester attack could not keep up with him, which meant that shooting quickly was the better option.

23. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    At the end of the day he had a decent day. The 'selfish' Mahrez and Vardy were the stars today. Also, that little greed for goal is what makes them so dangerous.

24. NaohiroTakahara

NaohiroTakahara Member+

Nov 12, 2013
    Sure I don`t say it was totaly dumb from Vardy or Mahrez and I can understood when you score 2 you want to score 3, sure but i some situations a pass to Okazaki who is new would be nice (a goal can`t be bad to his selfconfidence boost). I don`t like too selffish players, but that`s my opinion. Sometimes selfish is good sometimes not. It was great game from Leicester and I think Okazaki fits well into this team,point out =).

25. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Well, they felt confident after first 20 minutes so that might be effect of some greed that manager wouldn't forgive them if the score would be even. It's way too early to judge anything yet.