2015-16 NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by P to the Wee, Sep 29, 2015.

1. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Not to mention his massive three at the end. His interviews sound really down to earth - I became a fan.

Bazi, benni..., zohee and 2 others repped this.
  2. jabraria@hotmail.com

Feb 24, 2000
    USA
    I love Kyrie too, because I think he gave the King much needed help in this finals. But humble he is not.
    Before the playoffs started, I think somewhere he said he thinks the team to beat in the playoffs is Cleveland. Tyronn Lue later in another interview tried to fix Kyrie mistake, and said that he meant in eastern conference not entire playoffs

Kyrie is not humble, he is cocky arrogant and a very confident player. To some extent his game is selfish too, more of a shooting guard then point guard.

3. jabraria@hotmail.com

Feb 24, 2000
    USA
    http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/25538172/cavaliers-kyrie-irving-were-the-team-to-beat

"Everything surrounding our team is just crazy to think that we're still in first place and we're still the team to beat, honestly," Irving said. "Regardless of what anybody else says of what we need and what we don't need and what we need to get better at -- us, internally, we know that we have to improve on a lot of things, but we've just got to handle business as professionals and continue to get better."

Irving was then asked if he meant that Cleveland was the team to beat in the East or in the entire league, over the likes of the Golden State Warriors and San Antonio Spurs.

"I feel like we're the team to beat," Irving said. "I mean, honestly, it's open season until we get into the playoffs, so I have a lot more confidence than I think anyone realizes in our team and what's going on in our locker room."

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2016/04/cleveland_cavaliers_tyronn_lue.html

Cleveland Cavaliers' Tyronn Lue disagrees with Kyrie Irving's 'team to beat' statement: 'Golden State is the team to beat'

"Our team is very confident," Tyronn Lue said prior to Friday's game in Atlanta. "When he says the team to beat, I would say the team to beat in the East. I wouldn't say overall because Golden State won the championship last year so they're the team to beat and they have the best record in the NBA right now. We're confident we can get things done."

4. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I have come to like Irving and lebron and dislike my homie klay (punk attitude) he and curry are 2 spoiled kids with rich nba dad's (curry less so)

5. zohee

zohee Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Slovenia
    So how is that Cousins vs. Kyrie debate going again? Welcome to the bandwagon. :D

Me and my big mouth. I really had no idea that Cleveland would be able to pull back from being down 3-1. Atleast now both OKC and GSW fans know what it's like, bro.

Lebron James is the best SF of all time, period. Kyrie is class and I think this just might be the thing that makes him a top 3 PG. Don't think they can repeat this with that squad though - they need some major changes in my eyes to be THE contender again.

Durant isn't leaving OKC. I wonder how GS view this Durant to Bay Area thing. Could Lebron leave Cleveland, now that he's won that ring?

6. sleepyvato50

sleepyvato50 Member+

Feb 11, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

My new favorite commercial. :laugh:

CR7PT and dark knight repped this.
  7. Haole

Haole Member

Feb 14, 2005
    costa mesa, ca
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    KSPN was rolling the 'Suburbs (GSW) vs City (Cavs)' out for some reaction. Yea, maybe it applies to some but Love got no 'City' in him (among other Cavs) - unless by City you mean Tinsel Town. His dad the ex-Laker, family with show-biz connections (uncle), went to UCLA....on & on.

Stephen A. Smith 0-6 on his Finals predictions.

Lebron's block at the end was a play, along with Kyrie's trey, that I'll remember from this one.

thebigman and MatthausSammer repped this.
  8. jabraria@hotmail.com

Feb 24, 2000
    USA

Every one of the big three had their signature moment.
    Lebron block at the end was his signature moment, Kyrie trey was Kyrie signature moment and Kevin Love defence on Curry was Love signature moment. The big three also scored all 18 of Cavs points in 4th quarter ( Lebron 11, Irving 5, Love 2).

Those 3 moments forever in history.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    You really want to get back into this debate?

Because i just let it go, for the sake of being polite. But you clearly don't know Cousins fully.

thebigman and P to the Wee repped this.
  10. zohee

zohee Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Slovenia
    Oh come on, it was a joke.

But clearly you devalue Irving. And whatever, both our points have been made more than clear.

Also, not only did I get my mouth shut up by the result of this series, but man oh man, did Lebron change during this series. I was criticizing him for being too passive and not having enough drive and in the end he manages to put in not one, not two, but three amazing games in a row.

Haole and thebigman repped this.
  11. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    The Chicago Bulls reportedly traded All-Star point guard Derrick Rose to the New York Knicks on Wednesday as part of a package that featured multiple players.

K.C. Johnson of the Chicago Tribune reported the Bulls sent Rose, Justin Holiday and a 2017 second-round draft pick to New York in exchange for big man Robin Lopez and point guards Jerian Grant and Jose Calderon.

The Vertical's Adrian Wojnarowski reported the players involved in the Rose trade have been informed of the deal.

12. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    knicks also interested in dwight

trying to recreate the 2010 all star team

13. sleepyvato50

sleepyvato50 Member+

Feb 11, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    So Rose to NYK, Teague to Indiana and Hill to Utah.

What a PG carousel, hopefully Knight is on the move soon. :D

14. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Wow the knicks trying to win? I like jerian grant myself, could become a good player

15. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Sorry for the aggressive response.

I dont think im devaluing him. He is the best ball handler in the league and he's among the best scorers. But that's it. He hasnt fully mastered his game yet. Hes still a phenomenal talent.

But Cousins scores, rebounds, defends (not highest level), stretches the floor, runs the break, he initiates the break, he passes, he can crossover too!

Kyrie is good at one he does, but what he does it just one dimensional imo. Its a waste of his ball habdling skills to just be averaging 5 assist a game.

Is Kyrie top 5? Dont think so.

Curry, Russ, Paul, Lillard, Wall, Lowry were all better this past year imo.

thebigman repped this.
  16. zohee

zohee Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Slovenia
    Everything on that list - Kyrie does better except for rebound, which is obvious since one is a center and the other a guard. Kyrie is also more clutch and has one ring to prove it.

He's averaging 20 points with those 5 assists. I do agree, he could indeed be a more decisive passer, but with his ability to dribble and finish around the rim, that would be overkill.

Fixed.

This conversation is boring and I'm done with it.

17. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    uploadfromtaptalk1466634080643.jpg

18. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    We got a new thread going for off season stuff - I'll move this there.

benni... and sleepyvato50 repped this.